PSB - Vaccination

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Markpro

Re: PSB - Vaccination

#76 Post by Markpro »

I contracted covid in mid-november, 2 weeks later i was in hospital with it, luckily i came out a few days later, one old woman in the ward was not so lucky. I had my AZ jab last week and felt very tired a couple of hours after it. The nurse did say that if you have had covid previously then the jab will affect you worse than those who have not had covid so i kind of expected it, i was right as rain the next day though.
It infuriates me when i hear people saying that it's just like the flu...trust me it's not, my lungs felt they were being crushed and were filled with liquid everytime i tried to take a breath and before you ask i have no previous medical conditions
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

boyjohn

#77 Post by boyjohn »

Tom Angel wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021, 7:34 pm
boyjohn wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021, 12:42 am Hard to believe that someone would choose not to get something that could save your life, along with lives of others. Because even if it doesn't kill you, if you are infected you can spread it to others, who actually could be at risk of death. Not getting the vaccine is pretty much being an ignorant asshole and being proud of it.
Shame there's no vaccine against arrogant f****** bedwetters like yourself. Maybe turn off the MSM propaganda and so-called news and think for yourself. or is Mummy still feeding you? Grow a pair my dear boy. I'm man enough to live with a 99.6% survival of a virus that is justifying the erosion of personal freedoms that men with a courage you will never know fought for. Show me evidence for your claims and I might take you seriously. If you come out from under your sofa. If you think vaccinated people can get covid from those that haven;t been then you clearly don't believe in vaccines. Farewell.
Good of you to show your ignorance so that everyone can see.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

NotInvisible

#78 Post by NotInvisible »

Tom Angel wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021, 7:34 pmMaybe turn off the MSM propaganda and so-called news and think for yourself.
The Dunning-Kruger Effect in a nutshell.

retrofuturist

#79 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I'd call it intellectual autonomy myself, but each to their own.

Retro. :)

boyjohn

#80 Post by boyjohn »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 06 Apr 2021, 1:39 am Greetings,

I'd call it intellectual autonomy myself, but each to their own.

You shouldn't have the "autonomy" to be an idiot when it comes to the public health. But idiots gonna idiot, year after year.
-Stephen Frost

retrofuturist

#81 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

If you're comfortable with technocratic totalitarianism, that's all fine and dandy... but not everyone is, and these aren't the sorts of issues the public get to vote on either, so it's not even really democratic. I can appreciate why there's a lot of consternation about it, across the board.

boyjohn

#82 Post by boyjohn »

There's no "consternation" about it. 80-90% of the people know that vaccinations save lives (not just your own). We would still be dealing with polio and smallpox today if the fringe lunatics of today were around back in the day.
-Stephen Frost

retrofuturist

#83 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Well then, that 80-90% can take the vaccine then, and they can receive the physical benefits (or other effects, as the case may be) associated with it.

I don't know anyone who is truly anti-vax, per se, but I do believe there are legitimate concerns about the drastic erosion of civil liberties and coercion to take potentially rushed medicines "in the name of" COVID.

Different people have different priorities, and I respect that... but then (to round the circle), that's respect for intellectual autonomy. Similarly, different people have different health risk profiles, hence the benefit of medical autonomy. Respecting the autonomy of others seems preferable to calling people "idiots" or "bed-wetters", but again, each to their own... some people feel compelled to impose themselves upon others.

I'll leave it there, so as to avoid dragging us off-track. Just to bring it back to PSB, in the event they feel compelled to address COVID politics by means of song, I do hope it's done more in the tactful suggestive style of Decide than done overtly and with maximum cringe, per Give Stupidity A Chance. To stand both inside and outside the rancour, without taking part of it would be the sign of a class act.

tottenhammattspurs

#84 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I'll just leave this here....
Attachments
IMG_8999.jpeg
IMG_8999.jpeg (999.11 KiB) Viewed 469 times
is is and isnt isnt

tottenhammattspurs

#85 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Please stop saying you “researched it”.

You didn’t research anything and it’s highly probable that you don’t even know how to.
Did you compile a literature review and write abstracts on each article? Or better yet, did you collect a random sample of sources and perform independent probability statistics on the reported results? No?

Did you at least take each article, one by one, and look into the source (that’s the author, publisher and funder) then critique the writing for logical fallacies, cognitive distortions and plain inaccuracies?

Did you ask yourself why this source might publish these particular results? Did you follow the trail of references and then apply the same amount of scrutiny to them?

No?
Then you didn’t f*** research anything. You read or watched a video, most likely with little or no objectivity. You came across something in your algorithm manipulated feed, something that chimed with your implicit biases and served your confirmation bias and subconsciously applied your emotional filters and called it “proof”.

Now THAT, is scary!
is is and isnt isnt

Harry

#86 Post by Harry »

Moderators, I think this thread wants closing or at least moving. It's getting like Twitter in here.

Harry
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

Suburban_Boy

#87 Post by Suburban_Boy »

I had a feeling it would bring out the nutters when I posted it! :wall:

+1 for locking it.

NotInvisible

#88 Post by NotInvisible »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 06 Apr 2021, 1:39 amI'd call it intellectual autonomy myself, but each to their own.
Another fine example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect in action.

NotInvisible

#89 Post by NotInvisible »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 06 Apr 2021, 3:06 pm...you didn’t f****** research anything. You read or watched a video, most likely with little or no objectivity. You came across something in your algorithm manipulated feed, something that chimed with your implicit biases and served your confirmation bias and subconsciously applied your emotional filters and called it “proof”.