PSB - Vaccination

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

Re: PSB - Vaccination

#61 Post by Gabby »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021, 1:37 pm
Nickname wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021, 5:48 pm I feel good because I feel I can go everywhere after being vaccinated almost 20 days ago. I hope everyone could get his vaccination too.
Glad you got your vaccination Nickname. We are both waiting for part two and cannot wait. Hope the rest of you have the vaccination very soon. :)
Ugh - in Ontario they're not allowing people under 55 to get the AZ vaccine due to the blood clotting concerns, so that narrows my chances of seeing anything in my arm before June now.

I'm still waiting for an announcement about the Unity Tour. It kicks off in Toronto in September supposedly, and I'm not really sure I'd be all that keen to go if it was allowed to go ahead. Would much rather see another year delay on that.

Synthrobot

#62 Post by Synthrobot »

Got part one (AstraZeneca) on Saturday, felt a bit grotty Sunday, right as rain today. I feel very lucky.

canveyboy

#63 Post by canveyboy »

I had Astra Zeneca part 1 early Sunday morning. By 7pm I felt like s**t. Burning up with simultaneous shivering, aching all over, sore arm and migraine. Went to bed at 10pm feeling the roughest I’ve felt in a long time. By Monday morning I woke with just a headache and the sore arm. Felt better as the day went on!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Greendrake

#64 Post by Greendrake »

Sounds like a very PSB topic :wall:

Sebastian_Surfleet

#65 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Tom Angel wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021, 9:22 am The Prime Minister of Greece, whose economy depends on holidaymakers, has proposed a system of vaccine passports, a global ID card scheme which identifies the vaccinated. His logic is simple and compelling: vaccines speed up the return to normal life. A system of immunisation passports could get us flying again. He’d like the EU to oversee it.

Denmark will start issuing vaccine passports this month, followed by Sweden, where identity cards and ‘personal numbers’ are already ubiquitous. Israel has introduced a ‘green pass’ for those who can prove their immunity status, which grants them access to shopping centres, gyms and museums. Joe Biden has asked for an evaluation of a vaccine ID scheme for Americans. Spain, Italy, Cyprus and Malta – all desperate to revive tourism – are in favour of vaccine passports. All they need is for other governments to give them the go-ahead.

But the application of vaccine passports will inevitably extend far beyond holidays. The safety-first mentality could spread into almost every area of modern life. One of the most appalling tragedies of the pandemic was the failure to protect the elderly in care homes. There’s a clear moral case for those who work with the elderly to be able to prove they’ve been vaccinated. Hospitals can make the same argument. But convincing proof can only be issued by the NHS – or, rather, the Government. Without its backing, a vaccine passport system will never get off the ground. When it does, there’s no telling where it will lead.
Then its up to the people to hold the government accountable.

It is their duty and in their best interests.

Such is democracy.

Tom Angel

#66 Post by Tom Angel »

it's personal choice isn't it.

I have zero chance of dying from covid so won't be having the jab. Just as i don't have the flu jab. Nothing wrong with relying on your immune system and nothing wrong with complementing it with a vaccine.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

leesmapman

#67 Post by leesmapman »

Tom Angel wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021, 1:04 pm it's personal choice isn't it.

I have zero chance of dying from covid
Others don't. So while you might have it, you can infect others who can possibly die.

Tom Angel

#68 Post by Tom Angel »

No, everyone who feels at risk has had the vaccine.

And viral load of asymptotic transmission is not significant. From the British Medical Journal. There is an absence of strong evidence that asymptomatic people are a driver of transmission. If I get it then obviously I'd self-isolate.

bongsteve

#69 Post by bongsteve »

Tom Angel wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021, 1:04 pm it's personal choice isn't it.

I have zero chance of dying from covid so won't be having the jab. Just as i don't have the flu jab. Nothing wrong with relying on your immune system and nothing wrong with complementing it with a vaccine.
Everyone has a chance of dying from it, albeit small. There have been plenty of healthy people with no at risk conditions that have passed. That being said, it is personal choice.

bongsteve

#70 Post by bongsteve »

Tom Angel wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021, 2:42 pm No, everyone who feels at risk has had the vaccine.

And viral load of asymptotic transmission is not significant. From the British Medical Journal. There is an absence of strong evidence that asymptomatic people are a driver of transmission. If I get it then obviously I'd self-isolate.
Huh? There are many at risk people that have not had the vaccine yet.

glennjridge

#71 Post by glennjridge »

I dont know...this thing has such a wild card nature to it. some healthy people who got it and shook it off like it was nothing, and yet other healthy people who got it and it just wrecked their lungs and really disturbing symptoms. the County Executive of where I live got nerve damage to his eyes and he see's double now. he's had it for around 5 months and its not getting better.

I wouldnt want to risk being unprotected...especially now that it seems theres light at the end of the tunnel.

boyjohn

#72 Post by boyjohn »

Hard to believe that someone would choose not to get something that could save your life, along with lives of others. Because even if it doesn't kill you, if you are infected you can spread it to others, who actually could be at risk of death. Not getting the vaccine is pretty much being an ignorant asshole and being proud of it.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Greendrake

#73 Post by Greendrake »

Whether covid vaccines also stop you from being able to transmit (on top of stopping you from getting ill) is still a big question.

retrofuturist

#74 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I read a tweet today that said "Why are the @Conservatives introducing Tony Blair’s failed ID scheme under the guise of #VaccinePassports?"

It got me thinking, given that the failed ID scheme gave rise to one of the best songs from the Pet Shop Boys back catalogue, Integral, can we expect Neil and Chris to touch upon these themes of dystopic government over-reach again?

Or in 2021, would Neil take a different (different, different) point of view?

Retro. :)

Tom Angel

#75 Post by Tom Angel »

boyjohn wrote: Sun 04 Apr 2021, 12:42 am Hard to believe that someone would choose not to get something that could save your life, along with lives of others. Because even if it doesn't kill you, if you are infected you can spread it to others, who actually could be at risk of death. Not getting the vaccine is pretty much being an ignorant asshole and being proud of it.
Shame there's no vaccine against arrogant f*** bedwetters like yourself. Maybe turn off the MSM propaganda and so-called news and think for yourself. or is Mummy still feeding you? Grow a pair my dear boy. I'm man enough to live with a 99.6% survival of a virus that is justifying the erosion of personal freedoms that men with a courage you will never know fought for. Show me evidence for your claims and I might take you seriously. If you come out from under your sofa. If you think vaccinated people can get covid from those that haven;t been then you clearly don't believe in vaccines. Farewell.