PSB - Vaccination

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Markpro

Re: PSB - Vaccination

#46 Post by Markpro »

I had Covid in November, caught it through my work (i work with homeless people in families in a local authority) no idea who i caught it from but i was fine (flu symptoms) until the 2nd week when i was admitted to the covid ward in hospital, i could not get out of there quick enough as quite a few people in there died when i was in.
I am getting my vaccine on Monday morning and apart from a mild headache and sore arm i have not heard of any other side effects from it from the people i know that have had it, anyone who says this virus is just like the flu or not as bad as they make out need to have a look in the covid ward and tell them it's a minor illness.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Nickname

#47 Post by Nickname »

Nickname: I've been vaccinated, by the way. I got the two shots. The second one on Thursday. I've been really tired and with some symptoms this Friday but now I'm really good and I'm feeling so good that I could create another poll when you least expect it. :twisted:

The PSB Community; :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Nickname: Ok, no plans for polls on the next weeks :P

Future Lover

#48 Post by Future Lover »

Happy you got your vaccine, Nickname! Are you planning on checking your antibodies in a couple of weeks?

leesmapman

#49 Post by leesmapman »

A few months to go for me. The Jansen vaccine just got OK'd this week and it's developed in the city I live in.

y3potential

#50 Post by y3potential »

Nickname wrote: Sat 13 Mar 2021, 4:09 pm Nickname: I've been vaccinated, by the way. I got the two shots. The second one on Thursday. I've been really tired and with some symptoms this Friday but now I'm really good and I'm feeling so good that I could create another poll when you least expect it. :twisted:

Pleased you've been vaccinated, but a respectful plea. Please give the polls a rest.. Thank you.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

glennjridge

#51 Post by glennjridge »

Me and another person from IT had to set up the computers for one of the vaccination sites in the city I live in and as such we had to work there. and on one of the days exclusively for people to get their second shots...we had a little over 100 no shows. who goes thru the difficult online process of getting an appointment to get the first shot...got it... and then when the second shot is then guaranteed, doesn't bother to show up for it? maybe scared of the effects of the second dose maybe?

but it was good for us workers...that was the only way we got vaccinated, if there were extra doses at the end of the night.
btw I saw an article that implied that people with good immune systems feel pain with the second shot, so its probably a good thing if you do have some pain. I did. chills, headache and lots of muscle pain for about 24 hours

Nickname

#52 Post by Nickname »

Future Lover wrote: Sat 13 Mar 2021, 6:45 pm Happy you got your vaccine, Nickname! Are you planning on checking your antibodies in a couple of weeks?
No.

Nickname

#53 Post by Nickname »

y3potential wrote: Sat 13 Mar 2021, 7:10 pm
Nickname wrote: Sat 13 Mar 2021, 4:09 pm Nickname: I've been vaccinated, by the way. I got the two shots. The second one on Thursday. I've been really tired and with some symptoms this Friday but now I'm really good and I'm feeling so good that I could create another poll when you least expect it. :twisted:

Pleased you've been vaccinated, but a respectful plea. Please give the polls a rest.. Thank you.
I'll give them for some weeks, yes.

Future Lover

#55 Post by Future Lover »

What's wrong with you? Why not post the fact that millions of people have developed immunity? You should be banned for consistently trolling exclusively with "vaccine bad" posts. Oh, and make sure you get f*** along the way.

Greendrake

#56 Post by Greendrake »

Future Lover wrote: Sun 14 Mar 2021, 5:16 pm What's wrong with you? Why not post the fact that millions of people have developed immunity? You should be banned for consistently trolling exclusively with "vaccine bad" posts. Oh, and make sure you get f*** along the way.
I can't help drawing parallels between you and this youngster-gangster from Showdown in Little Tokyo ("Hardboy" played by Jimmy Taenaka): https://youtu.be/-XrYZNLbsJU

vlcsnap-2021-03-15-15h50m45s450.png
vlcsnap-2021-03-15-15h50m45s450.png (493.04 KiB) Viewed 890 times

Future Lover

#57 Post by Future Lover »

And you must be the strong, Aryan Dolph Lundgren, here to save the day? Also, your taste in movies is terrible.
Vaccination is, in fact, good. Such a controversial statement!

leesmapman

#58 Post by leesmapman »

Sorry to bump an old (and possibly controversial) topic, but I just learned some interesting things.
Patrick Bateman wrote: Mon 15 Feb 2021, 7:37 pm
Spittingcat wrote: Mon 15 Feb 2021, 7:23 pmWhy’s that?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52380823
Actually, most of the EU is following the "wait until we've got enough to do have two vaccines per person". The UK, Denmark and some other countries which are now "on top" have a "just vaccine everyone" strategy. This is good for the short-run, but for vaccines like AstraZenica and Pfizer need two jabs to be effective. If you wait too long, the virus might become immune. This is a risk that most EU countries don't want to take.

Nickname

#59 Post by Nickname »

I feel good because I feel I can go everywhere after being vaccinated almost 20 days ago. I hope everyone could get his vaccination too.

Marie loves PSB

#60 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Nickname wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021, 5:48 pm I feel good because I feel I can go everywhere after being vaccinated almost 20 days ago. I hope everyone could get his vaccination too.
Glad you got your vaccination Nickname. We are both waiting for part two and cannot wait. Hope the rest of you have the vaccination very soon. :)