PSB - Vaccination

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Suburban_Boy

PSB - Vaccination

#1 Post by Suburban_Boy »

No, not the name of the new album, though it's not bad!

Just had the Covid vaccine! Hope you’re all keeping well. Neil xx

ElectriCity

Re: PSB - Vaccination

#2 Post by ElectriCity »

Beautiful clear eyes are heavenly soul’s mirorr
Last edited by ElectriCity on Thu 11 Feb 2021, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psbfannyc

#3 Post by psbfannyc »

I'm looking forward to his songwriting during this time!

Disco.

#4 Post by Disco. »

Whats wrong with you ?! :roll:

NotInvisible

#5 Post by NotInvisible »

ElectriCity wrote: Thu 11 Feb 2021, 4:12 pmHope he won’t have side effects... like Death ... It’s not a vaccine. It’s a bio weapon...
What idiocy.

Future Lover

#6 Post by Future Lover »

Folks, just ignore them. The world is already traumatizing enough for people who live in such fantasy, everyone's an enemy, and I'm tired of trying to convince them otherwise. What a miserable worldview that must be.

As for Neil, he seems so vibrant and relieved to be getting a shot. I'm a bit jealous, wish I could get one soon enough. Three of my closest family members were ill...

RMC

#7 Post by RMC »

Future Lover wrote: Thu 11 Feb 2021, 5:12 pm Folks, just ignore them. The world is already traumatizing enough for people who live in such fantasy, everyone's an enemy, and I'm tired of trying to convince them otherwise. What a miserable worldview that must be.

As for Neil, he seems so vibrant and relieved to be getting a shot. I'm a bit jealous, wish I could get one soon enough. Three of my closest family members were ill...
How awful for you and your family, sending you best wishes.

And I thought it great Neil publicised his vaccination, any positive conversations around them has to be good.

retrofuturist

#8 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Neil,

You're now integral to the project.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Future Lover

#10 Post by Future Lover »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021, 12:05 am You're now integral to the project.
Painfully unfunny, and at this point, padded-cell-worthy.

leesmapman

#11 Post by leesmapman »

I don't know why I bother replying, but here I am...

The first thing I read is: "RED ALERT YouTube has completely deplatformed LifeSite."
That's probably for a reason.

Second: people die. There's no link between the deaths and people getting the vaccine other than coincidence. Of course, the article wouldn't tell us.

Third: I just looked into this lifesitenews website, which seems to be a LHGBTQ-hating religious cult. I'd rather stick to the facts than to read something from these loonies.

Future Lover

#12 Post by Future Lover »

If a percentage A of people dies every month, and a percentage B gets a vaccine, then it is literally a matematical expectation that percentage AB will die after the vaccine. It's not causation. But it doesn't really get through to feeble minds, who didn't really understand this stuff back in high school.

Reading these things, I'm even more proud of Neil. He's truly showing what kind of world we live in, where people in Western countries, self-proclaimed beacon of the world, have decided to reject science, reason, civilization, progress... A new dark age.

On topic of this forum, why is this still tolerated? It's clear as daylight who the far-right posters are at this point. By letting these slide, you are siding with them. Please, I implore you to your job. Was alig ever banned, or did you just sigh in relief because they never posted again? Please, develop a deeper understanding of what free speech is, and to put it concisely, stop being such pussies about it.

leesmapman

#13 Post by leesmapman »

AliG requested a ban himself.

boyjohn

#14 Post by boyjohn »

I can't believe that YouTube took this long to can them, they have been spreading this bs for years. Hopefully Ben Shapiro is next.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Tom Angel

#15 Post by Tom Angel »

The Prime Minister of Greece, whose economy depends on holidaymakers, has proposed a system of vaccine passports, a global ID card scheme which identifies the vaccinated. His logic is simple and compelling: vaccines speed up the return to normal life. A system of immunisation passports could get us flying again. He’d like the EU to oversee it.

Denmark will start issuing vaccine passports this month, followed by Sweden, where identity cards and ‘personal numbers’ are already ubiquitous. Israel has introduced a ‘green pass’ for those who can prove their immunity status, which grants them access to shopping centres, gyms and museums. Joe Biden has asked for an evaluation of a vaccine ID scheme for Americans. Spain, Italy, Cyprus and Malta – all desperate to revive tourism – are in favour of vaccine passports. All they need is for other governments to give them the go-ahead.

But the application of vaccine passports will inevitably extend far beyond holidays. The safety-first mentality could spread into almost every area of modern life. One of the most appalling tragedies of the pandemic was the failure to protect the elderly in care homes. There’s a clear moral case for those who work with the elderly to be able to prove they’ve been vaccinated. Hospitals can make the same argument. But convincing proof can only be issued by the NHS – or, rather, the Government. Without its backing, a vaccine passport system will never get off the ground. When it does, there’s no telling where it will lead.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls