Help me to complete the Top 10

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Try to guess the Number 9 of the Top 10

Opportunities
10%
Rent
5%
Left to my own Devices
24%
It's Alright
10%
So Hard
14%
Where the streets have no name/ICTMEOY
5%
Can Your Forgive Her?
5%
Se a vida e
29%

Total votes: 21

Nickname

Help me to complete the Top 10

#1 Post by Nickname »

This thread is just like a kind of game to have a good time. But I want you to take it a bit seriously.

As you know, I have a particular obsession in order to try to guess the Top 10 of PSB hits worlwide (not only in UK). We don't have too much doubts about these eight songs.

West End Girls
Alway on my Mind
It's a sin
Go West
Heart
What have I don't to deserve this?
Suburbia
Domino Dancing

But we need two more songs to complete the top. We don't have too much data to know the 2 songs left. It's just a speculation. But we can enjoy a bit in order to guess which songs could complete the top. On the poll you can choose Number 9 of the top are the ones I think have been reasonable successful to take a chance of taking part in the last positions of the top. The two more voted songs could be the ones to complete it.

Try to remember the impact these songs had on the media, chart positions, youtube views, etc in order to give an accurate vote, as much as you can. You can explain the reasons of your vote taking into account some of their factors.

Nickname

Re: Help me to complete the Top 10

#2 Post by Nickname »

Looks like Se A Vida E is getting many votes. Iteresting, taking into account it doesn't come from the golden era. In Spain, it'd be included in the Top 10. It's quite famous here (Spanish singles chart: #4). It was used in some adverts. :D

Nickname

#3 Post by Nickname »

So Hard had a quite big impact in 1990 but I don't know if it is one of their most reminded songs. PSB doesn't play the songs recently in concerts. Anyway, it had good chart positions, so maybe it could be in the Top 10 too.

Nickname

#4 Post by Nickname »

There are some songs with many views on Youtube like New York City Boy or Love, etc. It's more understable becaue they were released when the Internet era was starting and they were not as old as other hits. But in the case of New York City Boy, the song has good numbers on Spotify.

For me, this controversial ranking could be like this:

1 - West End Girls
2 - Always on my Mind
3 - It's a sin
4 - Go West
5 - Heart
6 - What have I done to deserve this?
7 - Suburbia
8 - Domino Dancing
9 - Se a vida e
10 - So hard

Then songs like: New York City Boy, Left to my own devices and Where the streets have no name, It's Alright, etc.

y3potential

#5 Post by y3potential »

Well, I'll give you credit for soldiering on, Nickname. I actually felt a little bit sorry for you as this latest in a seemingly never ending line of Nickname polls has only received 10 votes and no replies until I cracked.. Maybe best to just let this go quietly..
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

PSBForTheMasses

#6 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

The ninth one is easy now: Opportunities :D