Neil and Chris and their big secret we speculate about, from time to time

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Neil and Chris are...

A real couple
7%
Just friends
93%

Total votes: 27

telys

Re: Neil and Chris and their big secret we speculate about, from time to time

#46 Post by telys »

"Homophobia"? C'mon get real, do you honestly believe that any PSB fan in the year 2021 would be homophobic? This is strictly business. Any biographer uses some speculation (!) when writing. To make this issue about sexuality is just nonsense. And to talk about them being secretive is to make fact out of a lie. They're not secretive. It's all there in the lyrics and interviews and literallies and furtherissuebooks etc.
Your funny uncle? Being Boring? Paninaro '95? It's a sin? Leaving? Invisible? Requiem? etc etc it's all there, an entire life.
"They owe us nothing", well we don't owe them anything either, particulary not our adulation. I love my family and friends, I don't love N&C but I do love their music excessively.
"Intrusive". Well who's intrusive? We who try to piece together their biography or them showering us with opinions in lyrics to a disco beat... I mean one could call it brainwashing, all these songs about hanging around different parts of London or wherever...

I still adhere to the theory that they were a couple in the beginning, from 1981 until sometime 198X (probably way before they got a record deal) and that they've been friends and musical partners ever since (like Dave S and Annie L), and by friends I mean really good friends, on a U2-level. This conclusion is fact based but not officially confirmed.
Last edited by telys on Tue 19 Jan 2021, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
You've got me all wrong

Greendrake

#47 Post by Greendrake »

markrobertnolan wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021, 7:04 pm I would feel quite insulted if somebody raised an issue about our friendship by accusing one or either of us of being in love with the other.
Would that still be the case if the two of you were celebrities, and the accusers were some random fans on the internet you didn't know personally?

Marie loves PSB

#48 Post by Marie loves PSB »

eastendboy wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021, 4:31 pm It really doesn’t matter to me if they were ever a couple. It’s none of my business. Without being rude I don’t care about anyone’s sexuality I just hope that people are respectful of others and have good manners
I agree with eastendboy! :up: It is none of my business either to be honest. :)

telys

#49 Post by telys »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 19 Jan 2021, 11:48 am
eastendboy wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021, 4:31 pm It really doesn’t matter to me if they were ever a couple. It’s none of my business. Without being rude I don’t care about anyone’s sexuality I just hope that people are respectful of others and have good manners
I agree with eastendboy! :up: It is none of my business either to be honest. :)
Lots of non-fans on this forum, it appears.
----
You've got me all wrong

jasonjohn

#50 Post by jasonjohn »

Lamest post to ever get to four pages.

Nickname

#51 Post by Nickname »

I have no problem if people don't want to talk about it, maybe it's better to keep secret about it. It's simply confidential (like the song).

But please, don't talk about homophobia, I don't accept that.

Patrick Bateman

#52 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote: Wed 20 Jan 2021, 2:15 pm I have no problem if people don't want to talk about it, maybe it's better to keep secret about it. It's simply confidential (like the song).
It's not even about 'keeping secret about it' though - the point is that we don't actually know anything about it, do we? As for discussing their private lives, some of their previous partners have been discussed in various corners of the internet and that can only ever be of limited interest. Most people on here will be aware of Tom Stephan or Peter Andreas but what else can anyone really say about someone else's relationship?

Shopper

#53 Post by Shopper »

it's funny...but i never had a even a remote fascination for their romantic lives, they always came across as slightly fuddy-duddy/maybe even asexual to me :lol: In the scheme of things, it would have been nice if they had a steady partner like most of their peers, but no biggie
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

hotspotnot

#54 Post by hotspotnot »

Shopper wrote: Thu 21 Jan 2021, 10:34 am it's funny...but i never had a even a remote fascination for their romantic lives, they always came across as slightly fuddy-duddy/maybe even asexual to me :lol: In the scheme of things, it would have been nice if they had a steady partner like most of their peers, but no biggie
Same here :up:

Their working relationship and obvious friendship is something to admire. I've never even considered there was anything more to it.
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

Scottydog

#55 Post by Scottydog »

Totally agree with the last 2 posters. I suppose it crossed my mind in the early days that there may have been more to it than just a musical partnership. I’ve no reason to doubt what they say on the subject. It’s probably a blessing that they are just friends because there’s a good chance they wouldn’t still be making music together. I spent hours yesterday letting YouTube randomly select interviews with them. On one of them Chris said he rarely thinks about sex and has a low libido whereas Neil said he is the opposite.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

RichBeard

#56 Post by RichBeard »

The boys clearly have a great friendship, Lol I’ve never seen or thought of the boys as a couple.. so I do t think there’s a big secret lol..

I think what makes them so compelling is what a lovely friendship they have.. and that really comes across in their interviews.. they’re a great double act in the interviews! Always funny but thoughtful 😎

Markpro

#57 Post by Markpro »

:shhh: I can't believe this thread is still here, what nonsense. Who cares if they are, were or are going to be lovers or not.
They are two obviously very close friends doing what they love and what they are good at, why is that not enough for some people. Do we really need to turn the forum into some kind of trash gossip celebrity mag
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

ZiggyPSB

#58 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Markpro wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021, 8:49 am Do we really need to turn the forum into some kind of trash gossip celebrity mag
We don't but its already turned into something worse. Apart from a fair few good apples, I have a growing foe list of "people" I'm too embarrassed to acknoledge. Its a forum system I'm sad that I have to use it exponentially in recent times.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Future Lover

#59 Post by Future Lover »

You know what? You guys are right. There's a Proboards forum for PSB fans. The twitter to this site's parler, if you will. And the admin is still a fan, and I think does his job well. He deletes bots, at least :D 20 times less activity, but there's no crap like this.

psb-freak

#60 Post by psb-freak »

It's funny when threads like these appear on any of their social media platforms, people go insane. If you don't like to discuss their private lives, just scroll on. :) I like to think of them as a couple. Say what you want, but one is always free to fantasize.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.