Neil and Chris and their big secret we speculate about, from time to time

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Neil and Chris are...

A real couple
14%
Just friends
86%

Total votes: 29

Hmmm

Re: Neil and Chris and their big secret we speculate about, from time to time

#16 Post by Hmmm »

Does it matter NO a big fat NO grow up .......
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

londonnoise

#17 Post by londonnoise »

I rethought my earlier comment to this post and just now think "I hate this post".

Greendrake

#18 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retrofuturist

#19 Post by retrofuturist »

Well said Greendrake.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

boyjohn

#20 Post by boyjohn »

No one speculates about this, it's obvious to anyone with a brain that they are not lovers.

Also obvious to anyone paying attention at the time (by Actually at least) is that fact that they are gay.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

daveid

#21 Post by daveid »

Nickname please stick to your usual repertoire and launch an inane poll.

Eleven

#22 Post by Eleven »

They are not a couple now obviously but seeing their first interviews and their body language they seem to have had some history together, probably they started something romantic and that ended quickly and continued as friends, like real life, it happens,

If that happened to me I wouldnt brag about it to the press, but that doesnt mean it isnt true. You just have to see in between the lines to really comprehend.

To the haters who read all and start typing: This is childish...!!

If you're fan enough at some point you start thinking about this

leesmapman

#23 Post by leesmapman »

daveid wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021, 1:17 pm Nickname please stick to your usual repertoire and launch an inane poll.
This thread suits this description.

Future Lover

#24 Post by Future Lover »

I don't think anyone said it was childish, maybe rude and intrusive would be better suited. They give you an insane amount of reading material on everything from videos, to the artwork, to the minute inspirations for every single track, and they've never spoken about their love lives. So why would we want to intrude on something they clearly wanted to stay private? Ugh, I feel dirty clicking on this thread.

Patrick Bateman

#25 Post by Patrick Bateman »

nickname, I know that lockdown is tough but how about taking up a new hobby? Knitting? Tightrope walking? Nuclear fission?

Nickname

#26 Post by Nickname »

Future Lover wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021, 4:06 pm So why would we want to intrude on something they clearly wanted to stay private? Ugh, I feel dirty clicking on this thread.
I don't have any interest about make people feel dirty. It's just a PSB forum to talk about everything.

I really believe PSB are not particulary interested in their fans talking about their relationship but I don't think they feel bad because of that. They have been playing with this mistery many times. So there is no problem to talk about it.

It could have been even worse, do you want to talk about PSB and Brexit?. :mrgreen:

I'm joking :angel:

:shifty:

telys

#27 Post by telys »

Future Lover wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021, 4:06 pm They give you an insane amount of reading material on everything from videos, to the artwork, to the minute inspirations for every single track, and they've never spoken about their love lives. So why would we want to intrude on something they clearly wanted to stay private? Ugh, I feel dirty clicking on this thread.
We are the fans, we care about everything. Intrude?! What a load of bollocks. There's nothing intrusive in considering the nature of their relationship (past, present and future). It's in fact a quite deep concern... is their career sustained by love, friendship, musical kinship or something else.
And yes they are celebrities so some kind of public interest in their love life comes with the trade.
----
You've got me all wrong

Future Lover

#28 Post by Future Lover »

I think saying they've been playing with the mystery is just wishful thinking, or maybe projection. They read this forum, despite saying they won't be visiting ever again... Their musical pairing is much greater than some trivial relationship gossip. And hypothesizing about health conditions, relationship status, sexual orientation and such is best left to tabloids, and the fact that they're celebrities doesn't make it any less gross.

Patrick Bateman

#29 Post by Patrick Bateman »

telys wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021, 7:12 pmAnd yes they are celebrities so some kind of public interest in their love life comes with the trade.
I don't think that's true. If they were on Love Island or Married at First Sight, yes, but they're musicians in their sixties. Does Chris strike you as someone who likes having his private life dissected?

telys

#30 Post by telys »

I don't care what N & C think and want, they're not my pals or idols that need my protection. This is a simple matter of biography and we, the fans, are writing it. Get over it, stop being star struck and let's bring facts to the table.
----
You've got me all wrong