Pointless

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Flaffer

Re: Pointless

#16 Post by Flaffer »

The only ironic thing to do with Sage is his username
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

PopKid78

#17 Post by PopKid78 »

There’s a bit of a PSB influence in this performance from a few years ago

https://youtu.be/T0lW6TQY4ec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stopthecar

#18 Post by stopthecar »

Probably a stupid question, but could someone please explain to me what a "Pointless" answer is.
I've never seen this show before.

I watched the YouTube video and like most of us could come up with lots of answers.
But if those answers were pointless or not goes beyond me.

y3potential

#19 Post by y3potential »

stopthecar wrote: Fri 08 Jan 2021, 12:53 pm Probably a stupid question, but could someone please explain to me what a "Pointless" answer is.
I've never seen this show before.

I watched the YouTube video and like most of us could come up with lots of answers.
But if those answers were pointless or not goes beyond me.

A random group of 100 people are surveyed to give their answers to a variety of different questions on various subjects. Each category has at least one answer where none of those asked have said that answer. There will be at least one 'pointless' answer. For example: Name a member of the cast of Star Wars. Most people surveyed will no doubt say Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, ect.. The aim is to think of an obscure role that none of those questioned would come up with. In this case Kelly Marie Tran would be a good option as a pointless answer as she is less well known in the Star Wars films.. So, with PSB, those surveyed were asked to name a Top 40 Pet Shop Boys album. The more obvious answers would be Actually, Introspective. You need to think of one that none of those surveyed would say. So, Elysium, Release would be a better bet of being a 'pointless answer'. Sorry for the ramble, but I hope that makes sense..
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

stopthecar

#20 Post by stopthecar »

Thanks it's all clear now

psbfannyc

#21 Post by psbfannyc »

N & C should write a song called "Pointless".

Pod

#22 Post by Pod »

Sage wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 10:15 pm LOL I thought from the title this would be some negative posting.
What a silly name for a game show.

Anyway so the context of this thread is some PSB questions were used on a quiz show.
Personally I don't care. This is akin to a small group of strangers discussing PSB amongst themselves, it doesn't really hold any significance.
Nor do most of your posts, but hey...
Just an utterly needless thing to post.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.