Pointless

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
tottenhammattspurs

Pointless

#1 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJslXb9H-_ ... 8vzzqewzxy

When you. know you'd absolutely smash it.

Even more annoying is I was on this show a few years back and got "Spanish Body parts" :grumble: :grumble:
is is and isnt isnt

itsadog

Re: Pointless

#2 Post by itsadog »

I was watching it yesterday and couldn't believe it when it came up, and was willing the 2 guys to pick it :-). I think I got more pointless answers in 1 minute than my entire years of watching Pointless.
Spanish body parts would be a good topic also :-)

Patrick Bateman

#3 Post by Patrick Bateman »

I'd ask them whether they mean the Bobby O version. :lol:

Seems like it was easier to get a pointless answer than not!

james23_uk

#4 Post by james23_uk »

I went for Elysium, Together and "turn".
at rock bottom :wall:

G_Goalden

#5 Post by G_Goalden »

I tried to challenge myself to three answers for each category - and over thought it much too much. When was this broadcast? Would an obscure answer not be Top 40 (Disco 3?), etc...

I went for Yes, Release and Disco 2 | Miracles, Red Letter Day and Home & Dry | Unstable, Table, Underground.

As soon as I saw Behaviour was an answer I realised the obscure bar was very low.

It was good to do though. Shame they only won £1000.

G.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017

y3potential

#6 Post by y3potential »

G_Goalden wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 10:06 am I tried to challenge myself to three answers for each category - and over thought it much too much. When was this broadcast? Would an obscure answer not be Top 40 (Disco 3?), etc...

I went for Yes, Release and Disco 2 | Miracles, Red Letter Day and Home & Dry | Unstable, Table, Underground.

As soon as I saw Behaviour was an answer I realised the obscure bar was very low.

It was good to do though. Shame they only won £1000.

G.
I believe it was broadcast on Tuesday 5th Jan. I found the episode on catch up, but it should also be on BBC iPlayer. I went with Elysium, I Get Along and 'often'.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

tottenhammattspurs

#7 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I went for Release, Numb and Finland at the time...
is is and isnt isnt

Sage

#8 Post by Sage »

LOL I thought from the title this would be some negative posting.
What a silly name for a game show.

Anyway so the context of this thread is some PSB questions were used on a quiz show.
Personally I don't care. This is akin to a small group of strangers discussing PSB amongst themselves, it doesn't really hold any significance.

y3potential

#9 Post by y3potential »

Sage wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 10:15 pm LOL I thought from the title this would be some negative posting.
What a silly name for a game show.

Anyway so the context of this thread is some PSB questions were used on a quiz show.
Personally I don't care. This is akin to a small group of strangers discussing PSB amongst themselves, it doesn't really hold any significance.
So why do you feel the need to comment then..? No one cares that you don't care. Take your negativity and condescending comments and just do one.!

ZiggyPSB

#10 Post by ZiggyPSB »

f*** off
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

y3potential

#11 Post by y3potential »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 11:01 pmf*** off

If only he would, Ziggy. If only he would. Alas, even after several polite requests, the moderators don't seem to have done anything about this Sage character. :roll: I've had several long term members message me privately about him..

ZiggyPSB

#12 Post by ZiggyPSB »

This forum really has gone to shit. If we continue to get insulting miserly responses to harmless threads, and those who take sever umbrage to it are the ones getting warnings and not him, this forum doesn't deserve any more attention. Can't say I was unprovoked after so long reading that crap. Since its the only PSB forum I visit and one of the very few forums in general I've consistently visited for a very long time, it'll be sad to say goodbye to a bunch of good members who are nice to each other.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

psbfannyc

#13 Post by psbfannyc »

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts ... /pointless

"7 January 2021

Pointless
PSB questions are answered in this popular British TV show. Link below."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pkx2xV ... e=youtu.be

y3potential

#14 Post by y3potential »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 11:17 pm This forum really has gone to shit. If we continue to get insulting miserly responses to harmless threads, and those who take sever umbrage to it are the ones getting warnings and not him, this forum doesn't deserve any more attention. Can't say I was unprovoked after so long reading that crap. Since its the only PSB forum I visit and one of the very few forums in general I've consistently visited for a very long time, it'll be sad to say goodbye to a bunch of good members who are nice to each other.

I couldn't agree more. You have to ask yourself why several long term members are hardly here these days.. I used to love this community (still do you a certain extent) but my heart sinks whenever I see that this Sage character has posted.. :|

itsadog

#15 Post by itsadog »

Maybe Sage was trying to be ironic, such a Pointless comment on a Thread titled "Pointless", or maybe he has issues. Either way, who cares, it's a good show!