PSB and jokes about politics on Christmas Eve in Spanish TV

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

PSB and jokes about politics on Christmas Eve in Spanish TV

#1 Post by Nickname »

Cachitos de Hierro y Plomo is a music show of TVE-2 that uses old footage of music perfomances in the history of Spanish tv. The entire catalogue is huge, you can watch live perfomance of almost every kind of artist. Something similar BBC has with Top of the Pops but even bigger because Spanish TV has recorded and archieved all their shows since the late 50's and early 60's. The show put different pieces of several perfomace with some writing funny jokes about everything, using the performance for that.

As usual, Pet Shop Boys had his place like almost every New Year Eve in the show with an old perfomance. This time they chose an old perfomance of It's a Sin, talking about the way the song is an anthem about gay rights and talking about the way Neil Tennant tried to critize the catholic education from his school where everything was a sin.

But the funny thing was when they said the one of the keyboards was Chris Lowe and not Ángel Gabilondo. Ángel Gabilondo is a politic of Asamblea de Madrid who has little dynamism and quite to be a politic. So they used the usual deadpand and quiteness from Chris to make fuf of politics.

Eight Wonder with I'm not Scared appeared on the show too.

There was time for 7 artists or so from PWL (Stock, Aitken and Waterman): Rick Atley, Kylie, Samantha Fox, Bananarama, C C Catch and more.

minimal

Re: PSB and jokes about politics on Christmas Eve in Spanish TV

#2 Post by minimal »

I'm not even halfway through reading but may I say that rendition is BORING?

m+

IJones80

#3 Post by IJones80 »

To be honest, I can't really detect the humor here. Nothing funny for me. Maybe some people (like in that show) thought it's worth creating these 'jokes'.

Jorge

#4 Post by Jorge »

Hello,
This music TV show is a big shame, and comments were completely manipulated in order to attack people that not think like the government. Apart of demonstrate a big fault of knowledge about PSB. Not funny.

Kind regards,