News: "Chris and Neil have been at their homes, writing new songs and working on music for a new theatre production"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

Re: News: "Chris and Neil have been at their homes, writing new songs and working on music for a new theatre production"

#31 Post by Gabby »

psbfannyc wrote: Tue 05 Jan 2021, 7:22 pm
jasonjohn wrote: Tue 29 Dec 2020, 12:01 pm Said it before, but Hotpot is the ultimate PSB “curse”.

I really wonder if they’d be cautious and postpone a real tour until way later, and maybe dispatch new material before hand.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55536355

This is an interesting article about the deadline looking to have to cancel 2021 summer festivals soon. I really wonder if 2021 concerts will actually take place or moved again to 2022? So much is happening right now and there needs to be a whole culture shift and systems in place to handle crowds.

And then I see that Ticketmaster will eventually have a "check your vaccine status" in your purchase. All that takes time to implement.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... erts-plan/
The Ticketmaster idea is f'ed up. Here in Ontario vaccines likely won't be widely available to us low risk groups until close to the start of the tour. How would it be in any way fair to go ahead with a concert based on that criteria?

Tom Angel

Re: News: "Chris and Neil have been at their homes, writing new songs and working on music for a new theatre production"

#32 Post by Tom Angel »

There will be no gigs this year. No theatre, No sport. No bars. No restaurants. No travel. No touch. No friends. No family. No tax revenue. No jobs. No non-covid health care.

The disproportionate response to an over-exaggerated risk will continue to decimate western societies until there is nothing left.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Spittingcat

#33 Post by Spittingcat »

"over-exaggerated risk"

Even with all the measures we took last year, 1 in every 1000 people died in my country due to this virus.
Without those measures, we'd have been looking at 1 in every 200. In a single year.
This isn't over, but we know how to reduce transmission, while we are rolling out vaccines.
This will save hundred of thousands of lives, in the UK alone.

Future Lover

#34 Post by Future Lover »

People writing that sort of thing after this year, after some of us had family members hospitalized or dead are just careless and downright evil.

King1968

#35 Post by King1968 »

There's nothing like a bit of positivity,what a doom and gloom merchant,hopefully things will start to improve by easter fingers crossed

Pod

#36 Post by Pod »

Tom Angel wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 11:55 am There will be no gigs this year. No theatre, No sport. No bars. No restaurants. No travel. No touch. No friends. No family. No tax revenue. No jobs. No non-covid health care.

The disproportionate response to an over-exaggerated risk will continue to decimate western societies until there is nothing left.
I bet your parties go with a swing...(when you can have them).
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

NotInvisible

#37 Post by NotInvisible »

Tom Angel wrote: Thu 07 Jan 2021, 11:55 amThe disproportionate response to an over-exaggerated risk will continue to decimate western societies until there is nothing left.
Imagine being this ignorant and sociopathic.

The US death toll alone is now exceeding a 9/11 event daily.

jasonjohn

#38 Post by jasonjohn »

NotInvisible wrote: Sun 10 Jan 2021, 10:58 pm The US death toll alone is now exceeding a 9/11 event daily.
Och :(

jasonjohn

#39 Post by jasonjohn »

It's a really difficult time. And very sad how people trying to do what they can do stop the spread are expected to be 100% right in their approach by a minority of negative people on socials.

In Australia the lockdowns and precautions are clearly working. They've recovered from 2 waves, and are hopefully about to exit lockdown after a small third.

Wouldn't blame Neil or Chris, or any organiser, for simply being cautious.

Shopper

#40 Post by Shopper »

jasonjohn wrote: Tue 29 Dec 2020, 12:01 pm Said it before, but Hotpot is the ultimate PSB “curse”.

I really wonder if they’d be cautious and postpone a real tour until way later, and maybe dispatch new material before hand.

This is an interesting article about the deadline looking to have to cancel 2021 summer festivals soon. I really wonder if 2021 concerts will actually take place or moved again to 2022? So much is happening right now and there needs to be a whole culture shift and systems in place to handle crowds.

And then I see that Ticketmaster will eventually have a "check your vaccine status" in your purchase. All that takes time to implement.

I think 2021 is a goner, there are more pressing priorities than attending gigs in 2021! If PSB want to tour, they can easily go the Dua Lipa/ Kylie route and do a live stream. Considering their productions are now limited to backdrop screens and lasers, this is easily doable.

I would love it if PSB dropped a surprise album

Pet Shop Boys Virtually
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

psbfannyc

#41 Post by psbfannyc »

Shopper wrote: Mon 11 Jan 2021, 8:57 am

I think 2021 is a goner, there are more pressing priorities than attending gigs in 2021! If PSB want to tour, they can easily go the Dua Lipa/ Kylie route and do a live stream. Considering their productions are now limited to backdrop screens and lasers, this is easily doable.

I would love it if PSB dropped a surprise album

Pet Shop Boys Virtually
Well regardless, today is 11 January 2021 and the start of the "2021 PSB Greatest Hits World Tour" that was postponed and rescheduled due to COVID-19 in year 2020 is now supposedly premiering 4 months from today on 11 May 2021 in Amsterdam according to the PSB website today and Ticketmaster Netherlands. We shall see....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.03.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.03.22 PM.png (118.48 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.56.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.56.22 PM.png (662.86 KiB) Viewed 676 times

tottenhammattspurs

#42 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Not a hope in hell of Dreamwolrd going on tour this year. Expect Glastonbury to be cancelled shortly too. There won't be festivals this year. 2022 at the earliest. I think by the end of the year there will be some kind of touring do-able but with reduced capacity in venues, it would make it so financially unviable.

Thats of course if there are any venues left that haven't gone bust!
is is and isnt isnt

leesmapman

#43 Post by leesmapman »

As much as I love to go to a PSB concert this year, I doubt I will see them this year.

Gabby

#44 Post by Gabby »

Honestly, I'd rather see the entire concert postponed again for another year, as much as it hurts to say that. Right now it's bad optics for any band and the organizers/venue to be considering anything other that a completely safe concert experience. They wont want to be responsible for a super-spreader event.

If the Boys can throw together a new album, or even a decent fresh "Best of" with a couple new singles, I'd be happy for the year and would buy some merch too if it were available.

The people who say this isn't real or a big deal, I can personally attest to the reality having seen the death of one of our townsfolk in the first wave and local relatives come down with it over the Christmas holidays.

glennjridge

#45 Post by glennjridge »

Or some sort of pay per view event where they play a set in a controlled and interesting environment with projections. no crowd and maybe make it downloadable after.

yeah its real....we're havin a big ole corona hoe down here. I know lots of people who got it. luckily no one I know had a severe version of it.
although one of my favorite songwriters Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne died from it. def a big loss!