For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

#1 Post by Nickname »

The earliest video of Neil Tennant, you can find on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x45dyxyJnZY

psbfannyc

Re: 1982

#2 Post by psbfannyc »

He looks cute

Sage

#3 Post by Sage »

This really wasn't worth making a thread about, and it's already been posted.
viewtopic.php?p=583802#p583802

Clip is mildly interesting but I'd seen it before. Also it's just a few seconds where Neil happens to be sitting off to the side in the Smash Hits office.

y3potential

#4 Post by y3potential »

Sage wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 2:10 pm This really wasn't worth making a thread about, and it's already been posted.

Clip is mildly interesting but I'd seen it before. Also it's just a few seconds where Neil happens to be sitting off to the side in the Smash Hits office.

Sage yet again sucking the joy and life out of the Community and seemingly intent on bursting someone else's balloon... :wall: :wall:

So what if you've seen it before. I and I'm sure some others here hadn't.

Thanks for uploading, Nickname.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

DJAMIX

#5 Post by DJAMIX »

Great finding
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Nickname

#6 Post by Nickname »

y3potential wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 4:38 pm
Sage wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 2:10 pm This really wasn't worth making a thread about, and it's already been posted.

Sage yet again sucking the joy and life out of the Community and seemingly intent on bursting someone else's balloon... :wall: :wall:

To the critics: I thought it hadn't been posted before. These days, there is not too much to talk about PSB, that's why I rescue particular things from the past, you could also watch on Youtube section of this forum.

To the ones who appreciate what I do: my pleasure, by all means, not at all, you are welcome. :up:

bongsteve

#7 Post by bongsteve »

Nickname wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 5:19 pm

To the critics: I thought it hadn't been posted before. These days, there is not too much to talk about PSB, that's why I rescue particular things from the past, you could also watch on Youtube section of this forum.

To the ones who appreciate what I do: my pleasure, by all means, not at all, you are welcome. :up:
Don't sweat it. There are those here that will take any opportunity to thread crap.

y3potential

#8 Post by y3potential »

bongsteve wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 6:02 pm

Don't sweat it. There are those here that will take any opportunity to thread crap.

Fully concur. This Sage character has plenty of previous for pouring cold water on people's posts and threads. The Admin's have been informed on various occasions but he seemingly continues unchallenged.. I have no idea why he does it other than to get some kind of perverse kick out being a jerk..
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Gabby

#9 Post by Gabby »

y3potential wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 6:28 pm
bongsteve wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 6:02 pm

Fully concur. This Sage character has plenty of previous for pouring cold water on people's posts and threads. The Admin's have been informed on various occasions but he seemingly continues unchallenged.. I have no idea why he does it other than to get some kind of perverse kick out being a jerk..
Yeah, I hadn't seen this before so thanks Nickname! Pay no attention to the critics. Neil and Chris don't! :D

Greendrake

#10 Post by Greendrake »

y3potential wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 6:28 pm I have no idea why he does it other than to get some kind of perverse kick out being a jerk..
Some people tend to pay attention and memorise what is happening in more threads on a forum than other people.

The former tend to value more the order in which information is organised, and get irritated when that order is disintegrated by duplication and putting things not where they belong.

The latter tend to only check "what's up" by skimming the top threads in the main subforum, and more regard forums as places for nice, relaxed and cordial chitter-chatter rather than repositories for well-organised on-topic user content.

Forum rules exist to co-habituate both of the above extremes. What feels like "pouring cold water" and "sucking the joy and life out" is just natural reaction of the former category of users towards the latter and is not a punishable offence I am afraid.

ZiggyPSB

#11 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Greendrake wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020, 12:45 am
y3potential wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 6:28 pm I have no idea why he does it other than to get some kind of perverse kick out being a jerk..
Forum rules exist to co-habituate both of the above extremes. What feels like "pouring cold water" and "sucking the joy and life out" is just natural reaction of the former category of users towards the latter and is not a punishable offence I am afraid.
That makes no sense. You're just asking to either drive people away or make people so angry they will lash out to greater extremes than the OP did. I know since I have done both and the latter has resulted in me getting a warning.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Greendrake

#12 Post by Greendrake »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020, 1:25 am You're just asking to either drive people away or make people so angry they will lash out to greater extremes than the OP did.
Nah, not asking. Just explaining what is happening, offering more angles of view than one might be able to imagine, reminding how diverse we here are.
What to do / how to react is up to every individual individually.

hotspotnot

#13 Post by hotspotnot »

Maybe the subject of the thread could be more explanatory than just "1982"
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.