PSB Christmas Card 2020

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
leesmapman

PSB Christmas Card 2020

#1 Post by leesmapman »

I just got one in the email. Nice combination of COVID-19 and the soon-to-be-released funco pops.
Spoilers:
https://twitter.com/MrFouracre/status/1 ... 4100766724

rashomon

Re: PSB Christmas Card 2020

#2 Post by rashomon »

Nicely done :clap:
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

tottenhammattspurs

#3 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Why do I never get these? I've signed up to the mailing list with about four different email addresses yet never get anything come through
is is and isnt isnt

Marie loves PSB

#4 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 11 Dec 2020, 4:14 pm Why do I never get these? I've signed up to the mailing list with about four different email addresses yet never get anything come through
It's the same here tottenhammattspurs. I rarely receive these. :down: The *card* did make me smile though. :mrgreen: Thanks for posting leesmapman.

Sage

#5 Post by Sage »

I like this one.
Classic Pet Shop Boys font, the pop vinyls wearing face masks. :D
The message is quite polite too, "hope to see you in 2021".
A hint of things to come?
I'd like to imagine this year will be responsible for some significant songwriting by our favourite duo. The theme of reality versus escapism could have sparked some inspiration. Either way there have been several months of downtime, rife for production and writing. (Wishful thinking!)

It's been a good year with a new album release, the film It Couldn't Happen Here remastered, a soundtrack EP released (My Beautiful Laundrette), 2 singles and a WE​G revisit. Not the best of course with new news mostly sparse, but like I said I think we'll eventually see the benefit of this period.

Merry Christmas, petheads.
Stay safe.

leesmapman

#6 Post by leesmapman »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 11 Dec 2020, 4:14 pm Why do I never get these? I've signed up to the mailing list with about four different email addresses yet never get anything come through
This is the first one in years I got. I think I changed a setting in my account at the petshopboysshop.co.uk ("Allow Pet Shop Boys and us to contact you about new products and promotions from Pet Shop Boys").

Pod

#7 Post by Pod »

Love it!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Iyonix

#8 Post by Iyonix »

I used to get them every year in the fan club and then via email, last one I got was in 2017. Then nothing since. My store preferences match the one mentioned in previous post. So how do you get one sent to you ?

psbfannyc

#9 Post by psbfannyc »

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/news/2020 ... -christmas

"We would like to wish all fans, friends and visitors to this site a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year.
At the beginning of 2020, Pet Shop Boys released the “Monkey business” single and video, followed by their “Hotspot” album, and then the “I don’t wanna” single. In February, Frances Barber starred in the return of “Musik” by Jonathan Harvey and Pet Shop Boys at the Leicester Square Theatre in London.
Pet Shop Boys’ Dreamworld tour was planned to start in May followed in the autumn by the Unity tour of North America with New Order. Obviously the Covid pandemic meant that both these tours had to be postponed until 2021.
Since then Chris and Neil have been at their homes, writing new songs and working on music for a new theatre production. In May a new lockdown version of “West End girls” was released online as PSB’s contribution to the Smithsonian Project Pride virtual concert.
We hope that both the Dreamworld and Unity tours will be on the road in 2021. Details of all tour dates can be found on this site along with information of all other PSB activities and projects."
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 2.00.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 2.00.13 PM.png (1006.2 KiB) Viewed 278 times