Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
oakey

Re: Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...out May 7, 2021

#166 Post by oakey »

Disco. wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 8:13 pm The really pathetic ting,is when people won’t buy it, but still want information or mp3s you name it. I have no respect for that whatsoever ! Cheapskates!!
Yes, or it is pathetic that one new song costs €50. I have spend €1000s on the Boys, went to see the ballet, both runs of C2H and all tours since Montage (except Release), but am not a completist. I draw the line if it’s too expensive. I also did not buy Annually when there was no CD included, I don’t but promos, do not have the vinyl of Alternative, the Vinyl Factory releases etc etc.
And I will grab an mp3 indeed. Remember that with Undertow they released the Annually CD on vinyl a while later that is still readily available.

If I don’t buy it others will. I don’t feel forced to buy it because other fans urge me too.

Disco.

#167 Post by Disco. »

You don’t pay 50€ for one song, you pay 20£ for a 2 track CD single and a book, the rest is not anything they are making any money from. And you know I am not even sure they make any money anyway, Maybe they break even.
Chris once said that they lost money from the magazine because it was so expensive to produce !

I don’t have a problem with people not buying certain products, I have a problem with people who don’t buy it, and then ask for freebies.

telys

#168 Post by telys »

Sage wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 2:15 pm I didn't even look at the price.
No more diaries, no more insider information, no more behind the scenes photos, no more questions from the fans, etc.
Well, some so called fans on this forum don't want us to care about inside information etc. Refering to the discussion about N & C ever being a romantic couple or not.
----
You've got me all wrong

telys

#169 Post by telys »

Disco. wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 8:55 pm You don’t pay 50€ for one song, you pay 20£ for a 2 track CD single and a book, the rest is not anything they are making any money from. And you know I am not even sure they make any money anyway, Maybe they break even.
Chris once said that they lost money from the magazine because it was so expensive to produce !

I don’t have a problem with people not buying certain products, I have a problem with people who don’t buy it, and then ask for freebies.
Well, that's your problem.
----
You've got me all wrong

Future Lover

#170 Post by Future Lover »

telys wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 9:20 pm Well, some so called fans on this forum don't want us to care about inside information etc. Refering to the discussion about N & C ever being a romantic couple or not.
Are you in need of a check-up?

Old Soak

#171 Post by Old Soak »

Ordered. £20 + £1.95 P&P. The rest is not their fault if you don't live in the UK. But it seems to be significant high value items where import duty is added - I certainly wouldn't class £20 as 'significant'. The UK gets interested at items over £135, and different countries will have different rules but it's an indication of the level. VAT shouldn't be an issue to the EU at least - not for books which are zero rated. The £1.95 does include 32p VAT - whilst simple postage of a letter is exempt delivery of 'goods' seems to be coping for the going rate because it has to be treated as a service. Ironically if it was just exclusively 'printed matter', e.g.a book with no CD it could be considered for the exemption to treat the supply as zero rated. But hey ho, can't see that 32p would be knocked off anyway. I'm mainly interested in the CD TBH which I'm really looking forward to, but the books are all beautiful quality and full of info to pore over. Long may they continue, they look great on the shelf and nice to revisit occasionally. And think of it this way - whatever you pay they'll be someone desperate for one on eBay who missed out if you are that concerned.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

oakey

#172 Post by oakey »

The Boys have plenty of product I do like and buy. I love it that they are so prolific and release items such as Annyally for the fans. Many items I own in different formats so I definately do not feel guilty about downloading this one song. I also taped Very when it came out and did not buy it until a few years later. :shock: And maybe they will release the tracks digitally or via YT anyway.

£20, 30, 50, 80, 100 or 150 will not make me go bankrupt no, but I have also other interests. And yeah, you pay €50 for a book plus CD but I am not that interested in the book. I also did not buy Neil’s lyrics book. But apparently it makes me a bad fan… I don’t buy their merchandise either.

This one item is just not enough value for money for me. Should the cricket song turn out one of their greatest efforts ever, then I will probably regret it. But I’m sure I will get over it eventually :)
Last edited by oakey on Tue 02 Mar 2021, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disco.

#173 Post by Disco. »

Future Lover wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 9:46 pm
telys wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 9:20 pm Well, some so called fans on this forum don't want us to care about inside information etc. Refering to the discussion about N & C ever being a romantic couple or not.
Are you in need of a check-up?
He/She most certainly is.

Ronald42

#174 Post by Ronald42 »

Ordered mine for the new music. The book is a bonus :dance: :dance: :dance:
THE FUTURE THAT YOU ANTICIPATED HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Sithblade

#175 Post by Sithblade »

oakey wrote:The Boys have plenty of product I do like and buy. I love it that they are so prolific and release items such as Annyally for the fans. Many items I own in different formats so I definately do not feel guilty about downloading this one song. I also taped Very when it came out and did not buy it until a few years later. :shock: And maybe they will release the tracks digitally or via YT anyway.

£20, 30, 50, 80, 100 or 150 will not make me go bankrupt no, but I have also other interests. And yeah, you pay €50 for a book plus CD but I am not that interested in the book. I also did not buy Neil’s lyrics book. But apparently it makes me a bad fan… I don’t buy their merchandise either.

This one item is just not enough value for money for me. Should the cricket song turn out one of their greatest efforts ever, then I will probably regret it. But I’m sure I will get over it eventually :)
Would it be cheaper for someone in the UK to buy it and then post it on to you?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

retrofuturist

#176 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Ronald42 wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 10:58 pm Ordered mine for the new music. The book is a bonus :dance: :dance: :dance:
Likewise... and the postage to Australia remains unchanged and reasonable.

Retro. :)

domino

#177 Post by domino »

I ordered it, too. I'm more interested in the book, so the CD is a bonus for me. :D
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Andie

#178 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed 03 Mar 2021, 4:47 am Greetings,
Ronald42 wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 10:58 pm Ordered mine for the new music. The book is a bonus :dance: :dance: :dance:
Likewise... and the postage to Australia remains unchanged and reasonable.

Retro. :)
I agree 100%!! :D
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Spittingcat

#179 Post by Spittingcat »

The UK gets interested at items over £135
VAT on all imports now. It’s just that the nonUK seller must collect the VAT at point of sale now for low value orders. There is no low value VAT exemption any more, it ended on the 1st Jan. So all business to consumer imports attract VAT, it’s the rules regarding when you pay it that change at that £135 threshold. Lots of nonUK sellers currently have a £135 minimum order value to avoid having to pay to register for UK vat (and change their sales and accounting systems for now).

Greendrake

#180 Post by Greendrake »

Sage wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021, 2:15 pm I'm surprised the handful of most dedicated fans are opting out of picking this up.
Who said they're fans?

Anyway, back to cricket. I know nothing about it, but this article struck me as possibly relevant: https://i.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/3002443 ... in-cricket