Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Flaffer

Re: Time to get ready for "Annually 2021"...

#16 Post by Flaffer »

As the Stuart Price trilogy/era is over, it would be great to have a CD with various rare or unreleased mixes/remixes from the period. Such as the Mike Mago Inside A Dream remix, their rsd remixes of Fluorescent, Boyz Noize dub of Axis, Eddie Amador dub/s for Thursday, Scene Kings Pop Kids remix on CD. I'm sure there's a few other bits lying around
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

leesmapman

#17 Post by leesmapman »

Surprise release: A Man From The Future as bonus CD

Future Lover

#18 Post by Future Lover »

I'd be up for that, especially since it seems like a thing only hardcore fans would appreciate. It got pretty mixed reviews, if I recall.
As an alternative, I'd love to hear some of the tour mixes they've probably made so far, as a teaser for what will happen eventually.
Or a sixth single from "Hotspot", something surprising and lowkey.

jasonjohn

#19 Post by jasonjohn »

glennjridge wrote: Thu 03 Dec 2020, 2:15 am While it would be difficult not to address it, I kind of hope with the next album they blow out the cobwebs and hopscotch over it all quite frankly and give us something thats a little more on the hopeful and dancey side. I am not in the mood for something middle of the road and introspective after this shit year.
Although I'd love Fundy II, and to hear Neils thoughts on, er - "everything".... I kinda agree, everyone is over-exposed to endless bad news

I'd love a Stock Aitken Waterman styled Very part 2. Just bouncy tracks and some vintage cruising ala To Speak is a Sin

I guess Super could of been that, but it's focus felt all over the place, and Price's mixes felt a bit harsh to my ears sometimes

Dog

#20 Post by Dog »

We have had the discussion before but I don’t think it is fair to assume that there will be CD or similar bundled with every edition.
Woof.

Den

#21 Post by Den »

It’ll be a very boring lockdown stories issue. :down:

Pod

#22 Post by Pod »

Gabby wrote: Sat 05 Dec 2020, 6:46 pm Its been a long while since I had a mention in Annually...back when the club still existed and the internet was still in its infancy.

A small boast compared to my daughter being in their Pet Texts, but cuteness wins every time! 🥰
That is pretty cool to be fair. I’ve sent a couple of questions in - fingers crossed!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Future Lover

#23 Post by Future Lover »

How many Neil's photos of nature do you think we'll get? I mean, I know I sound cynical, but it's in line with "Hotspot"s artwork after all.

Boring90

#24 Post by Boring90 »

I would be disappointed if it was Musik as it has already been released as a download. Of course if they included the Neil version of 'For Every Moment' that would be great.

I would love to hear more "tour" versions of their songs.

Given the recent buzz over West End Girls, it could be a CD of remixes.
Las Vegas 1999

Patrick Bateman

#25 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Future Lover wrote: Mon 14 Dec 2020, 9:53 am How many Neil's photos of nature do you think we'll get? I mean, I know I sound cynical, but it's in line with "Hotspot"s artwork after all.
He's probably saving them for his next book, One Hundred Photos of Trees and a Hedgehog.

Drico One

#27 Post by Drico One »

Say what you like, but there’s only one thing more reassuring and comforting in a time of global pandemic, pestilence, and plague (we won’t mention Armageddon) than a new Pet Shop Boys Literally (I’m too old to get used to calling it Annually). And that is the fans moaning about what’s going to be in it. I salute you all.

By the way, I agree it’s certain to be about Neil’s advanced adventures in agriculture, but surely we will get the first tidbits and scraps of information about new songs and plans. Is it totally beyond the realms for an EP to emerge with this? Nobody predicted Agenda. Given the likelihood of some intense creativity over the last 9 months, I wouldn’t underestimate the desire of the actor to perform to the audience.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

psbfannyc

#28 Post by psbfannyc »

Drico One wrote: Tue 22 Dec 2020, 8:55 pm Say what you like, but there’s only one thing more reassuring and comforting in a time of global pandemic, pestilence, and plague (we won’t mention Armageddon) than a new Pet Shop Boys Literally (I’m too old to get used to calling it Annually). And that is the fans moaning about what’s going to be in it. I salute you all.

By the way, I agree it’s certain to be about Neil’s advanced adventures in agriculture, but surely we will get the first tidbits and scraps of information about new songs and plans. Is it totally beyond the realms for an EP to emerge with this? Nobody predicted Agenda. Given the likelihood of some intense creativity over the last 9 months, I wouldn’t underestimate the desire of the actor to perform to the audience.

Drico.
Oh I'm sure some new music will be released with the new Literally (I miss calling it that). PLUS...from a pure revenue standpoint, selling new music products with Literally will literally help pay for itself.

leesmapman

#29 Post by leesmapman »

Ordering IDs for the Annually books are still LIT<nr>, and on the back it still says Literally, so you're not wrong

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Sage

#30 Post by Sage »

14th of December, the cut off has passed for sending in questions.

I'm looking forward to reading the letters and answers.
Some good questions on the Facebook post. https://www.facebook.com/petshopboys/po ... 5662536285

and there just has to be a preorder bonus or accompaning bonus item such as a CD with material unavailable elsewhere. It's the rare opportunity to release something low-key to dedicated fans only.