The unreleased single version of "It comes as a suprised"?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
hotspotnot

Re: The unreleased single version of "It comes as a suprised"?

#16 Post by hotspotnot »

daveid wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 9:33 am
astrocordoba wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020, 11:12 pm This was posted in youtube, and it suggests again that "It comes like a surprised" was planned as a single release in 2007. I think it is actually an official unreleased version, not a fan made. At least, my impression is that it is necessary to access to the multitrack to made this remix single version. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uWmxtMNeOQ
Presumably you mean 1997 not 2007
Well that would have come as a surprise...
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

astrocordoba

#17 Post by astrocordoba »

Yes, of course. I didn´t realized that Bilingual was released almost 25 years ago when I wrote my post.
I´m still shocked with the 30 anniversary of "Behaviour", I think...

shaunsheep

#18 Post by shaunsheep »

Just heard it and I can say that this mix was not going to the final mix for the single, the whole thing sounds a little unfinished and the sax is too front heavy as well. They would've put a "single version" on the Bilingual Further Listening cd if there was one.

glennjridge

#19 Post by glennjridge »

that just sounds like the song in an earlier state of mixing, not an actual approved release as a single or anything.

astrocordoba

#20 Post by astrocordoba »

glennjridge wrote: Sun 08 Nov 2020, 4:38 am that just sounds like the song in an earlier state of mixing, not an actual approved release as a single or anything.
Yes, the main question is if it was made by PSB or it´s a fan made.

glennjridge

#21 Post by glennjridge »

hmmm, I would think it would have to be the PSB....I wonder how a fan could do that without having access to the multi tracks and thereby have the ability to drop out certain parts such as the drums. all I can think is an earlier mix leaked before they got it to the way we hear it on the album. I dont see how the PSB would ever think to put out the track in that kind of edit. it seems like an undercooked chicken.

PSBForTheMasses

#22 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

To my untrained ears, this does not sound "magnificient", that is , different from the album version. If anything,the album version sounds better. Anyway, this is one of the songs I stubbornly skip in Bilingual (which I love). It is too "syrupy" musically in the same vein of Liberation, a style that the Boys were fond of throughout 90s because they were constantly criticised that "their songs were bleak and not happy and feel-good ones".