A funny rare photo to watch of Neil Tennant

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

A funny rare photo to watch of Neil Tennant

#1 Post by Nickname »

Not many things to say about PSB these days, so I want to share with you this pic from a very young Neil Tennant. Funny photo:
https://twitter.com/hopelesslover/statu ... 92640?s=20

Future Lover

Re: A funny rare photo to watch of Neil Tennant

#2 Post by Future Lover »

That Twitter account is positively unhealthy. Unhinged, even. But I wouldn't expect anyone else to dig up stuff like that!

leesmapman

#3 Post by leesmapman »

Future Lover wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020, 5:35 pm That Twitter account is positively unhealthy. Unhinged, even.
Oh, come on, that's a bit of an overreaction, isn't it?

*clicks on the username*

OH MY GOD!

domino

#4 Post by domino »

leesmapman wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020, 7:19 pm
Future Lover wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020, 5:35 pm That Twitter account is positively unhealthy. Unhinged, even.
Oh, come on, that's a bit of an overreaction, isn't it?

*clicks on the username*

OH MY GOD!
Now, that's the definition of a creep.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

y3potential

#5 Post by y3potential »

With those kind of Twitter accounts you can understand why Neil & Chris are very wary of fan interaction these days and have virtually stopped having photos taken with fans.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

jasonjohn

#6 Post by jasonjohn »

I don't know, it has its humorous moments https://twitter.com/hopelesslover/statu ... 47521?s=20
Last edited by jasonjohn on Mon 26 Oct 2020, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage

#7 Post by Sage »

Oh god, thanks for reminding me to stop visiting this forum.
What a shit-post.
You don't "watch" a photo, you look at a photo.
And just embed the thing next time.
Here is the photo OP thought it was worth making a discussion thread about:

So funny! He looks to have received a gift or is otherwise posing with a bottle of wine in a wholesome private gathering.
Was this picture even released with permission?
This isn't even a Pet Shop Boys photo. Sure it's of NT but I have no interest in invading their personal lives like this.

One thing we can agree on though, a point brought up by the OP is it's a fairly quiet time for PSB.
They're giving us little bits here and there with the It's A Sin artwork auction, the Pop Vinyls, Neil's photo of a rainbow, the BBC performances on Youtube, but there has to be something cooking up behind the scenes.

Straight_Talker

#8 Post by Straight_Talker »

Sage wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020, 4:51 am Oh god, thanks for reminding me to stop visiting this forum.
What a shit-post.
A little rude, I’d say. Is English “Nickname’s” first language? I don’t believe it is. Pet Shop Boys pride themselves as being a “Global Band” and part of their longevity has been down to them appealing to many across the planet; indeed, it’s something for which I’m most proud of from my lifelong favourite musicians so that kind of remark is not really called for.

I’ve changed my mind, it wasn’t rude, just plain toxic. Reel it in.

Peace out to you, Nickname.
More strobes and BANGING, please!

y3potential

#9 Post by y3potential »

Straight_Talker wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020, 8:59 pm
Sage wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020, 4:51 am Oh god, thanks for reminding me to stop visiting this forum.
What a shit-post.
A little rude, I’d say. Is English “Nickname’s” first language? I don’t believe it is. Pet Shop Boys pride themselves as being a “Global Band” and part of their longevity has been down to them appealing to many across the planet; indeed, it’s something for which I’m most proud of from my lifelong favourite musicians so that kind of remark is not really called for.

I’ve changed my mind, it wasn’t rude, just plain toxic. Reel it in.

Peace out to you, Nickname.

This Sage character has plenty of previous when it comes to rudeness on the forum. The moderators have been informed on more than one occasion regarding his tone and comments..
Last edited by y3potential on Mon 26 Oct 2020, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

jasonjohn

#10 Post by jasonjohn »

"I have no interest in invading their personal lives like this [but here, let me embed the personal photo so it's easier for everyone to see]"

PSB have managed a pretty low profile in the public sphere while being quite famous. And their fans are a good bunch. These photos are nothing.

Nickname

#11 Post by Nickname »

I didn't want to put a photo of him if I knew if was para of his prive life. It's not obviously a studio photo but I don't know if I should consider this photo like something private. It's difficul to know that, isn't it?. Anyway, it's a not a photo that could make any kind of harm to Neil Tennat. Anyway, I accept the critics on that sense.

Marie loves PSB

#12 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Nickname wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020, 5:28 pm I didn't want to put a photo of him if I knew if was para of his prive life. It's not obviously a studio photo but I don't know if I should consider this photo like something private. It's difficul to know that, isn't it?. Anyway, it's a not a photo that could make any kind of harm to Neil Tennat. Anyway, I accept the critics on that sense.
Nickname - please don’t worry about some of the comments on this post. The photo of Neil next to the baby I have seen myself a very long time ago in a magazine it was the celebrate something PSB’s related. :) I think the lady and baby could be Eric Watson’s wife and child. Neil was good friends with Eric’s wife. I think her name was something like Krista? (Sp?).

TallThinMan

#13 Post by TallThinMan »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020, 8:23 pmNickname - please don’t worry about some of the comments on this post. The photo of Neil next to the baby I have seen myself a very long time ago in a magazine it was the celebrate something PSB’s related. :) I think the lady and baby could be Eric Watson’s wife and child. Neil was good friends with Eric’s wife. I think her name was something like Krista? (Sp?).
Krysia. Neil used to go out with her. She’s the subject of “Bet she’s not your girlfriend”.

Disco.

#14 Post by Disco. »

It was published in Literally

Disco.

#15 Post by Disco. »

Disco. wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020, 9:04 pm It was published in Literally. From a vacation in Tuscany.