Trilogy remixes

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Trilogy remixes

#1 Post by Dog »

What are your favourite remixes from 2013 to 2020? I’m not sure it’s been a great period for remixes but I’d love to be convinced otherwise. If a Disco 5 were to be made up of the best remixes from these years, what would you put on it?
Woof.

davenjulieuk

Re: Trilogy remixes

#2 Post by davenjulieuk »

Axis (Boyz Noize Remix)
Love Is A Bourgeois Construct (Littke Boots Discotheque Edit)
Thursday (Eddie Amador Remix)
Vocal (JRMX Club Mix)
The Pop Kids (Offer Nissin Drama Mix)
Twenty Something (The Los Evos Jedis Remix)
Inner Sanctum (Carl Craig C2 Juiced Rmx)
Undertow (Tuff City Kids Remix)
Say It To Me (Stuart Price Alternative Mix)
Dreamland (Jaques Renault Remix)
Monkey Business (Friend Within Remix)
I Don’t Wanna (David Jackson Remix)
Miracles happen when you're around...

misterme

#3 Post by misterme »

Vocal (Rektchordz dub)
Bourgeois Construct (Claptone remix - not the vocal one)
Axis (Boys Noize remix)
Say It To Me (Real Lies remix)
Dreamland (TWD dub)

Devices (Super version)
West End Girls (lockdown version)

domino

#4 Post by domino »

Thursday (Eddie Amador Remix)
The Pop Kids (PSB Deep Dub)
Say It To Me (Offer Nissim Remix)
Decide (CYA Remix)
Money Business (Friend Within Remix)
I Don't Wanna (David Jackson Remix one)
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Greendrake

#5 Post by Greendrake »

Thursday (JRMX & Jon M remix)
Happiness (Guardate remix)

sonicbleep

#6 Post by sonicbleep »

Easily - Burn (JCRZ Alternate 'Romeo & Juliet' 2-in-1 Remix)

not sure if that counts as it's not official...

So I hate Monkey Business, but love the Friend Within remix, so that's up there. The same is true of Twenty-Something, not a fan of the track but like the Kornel Kovacs remix. I guess I will go with the Eddie Amador remix of Thursday, I like the housey piano on it.

psbfannyc

#7 Post by psbfannyc »

I'm still hoping they release the Mike Mago remix of "Inside a Dream" that was supposed to be on the "Electrified" remix album that got scrapped. Does anyone remember why they cancelled "Electrified"? I know it was supposed to be a "tour only" purchase. What other remixes were supposed to be on it?

Dog

#8 Post by Dog »

Thanks for the replies and recommendations. A few I’ve listened to with fresh ears - Vocal (JMRX Club Mix), Bourgeois Construct (Clapton Remix) and Thursday (JRMX & Jon M Club Mix, and the Eddie Amador Remix) - have a bit more about them than I’d remembered.

The Inner Sanctum and Axis mixes never quite lived up to their billing for me - grand one offs with their own vinyl releases. Not one of the tens and tens of Vocal mixes comes close to the joy of the original.

One mix I do enjoy is the Dave Audé Big Dirty Dub of Bourgeois Construct. That’s a good one. And Luke Nutley’s remix of Thursday which is an old fashioned extended version.

Has anyone waded through all of the Pop Kids mixes from the likes of Jared Jones and Handzoff to find any gems? It is a shame that the commercially available remixes seem to have dropped off Spotify, including the Offer Nissim Drama Remix.

I also seem to have a stack of Say It To Me remixes in my iTunes library which I need to give more attention - Cristian Poow and Moodyboy, among others.

Burn never benefited from the stellar remix treatment it deserves. The Baba Stitz effort is very disappointing.

Anything that stands out from the Dreamland US remixes from the likes of Casey Alva and Full Intention?

At least they have ended strongly with the decent remixes for both Monkey Business and I Don’t Wanna.
Woof.

raggatwin

#9 Post by raggatwin »

Burn baba stiltz
Say it to me Real lies
Thursday Mindskap
Thursday Tensnake
Bourgeois Claptone Vocal and Dub
Twenty Something...kornel kovacs
Monkey Business friend within
Pop kids marc kinchen
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Dog

#10 Post by Dog »

psbfannyc wrote:I'm still hoping they release the Mike Mago remix of "Inside a Dream" that was supposed to be on the "Electrified" remix album that got scrapped. Does anyone remember why they cancelled "Electrified"? I know it was supposed to be a "tour only" purchase. What other remixes were supposed to be on it?
I’d forgotten about this. Reading back Literally, in typical fashion they “decided not to because we realised we weren’t that keen on the idea”. But it would be an ideal candidate for a Disco 5 - they describe it as really good.
Woof.

psbfannyc

#11 Post by psbfannyc »

If I recall correctly...they had already commissioned a "full track-listing of remixes" from "Electric" for the remix album "Electrified", correct? I hope we get to hear them one day.

Dog

#12 Post by Dog »

psbfannyc wrote:If I recall correctly...they had already commissioned a "full track-listing of remixes" from "Electric" for the remix album "Electrified", correct? I hope we get to hear them one day.
It doesn’t say that from the bit of Literally I revisited. It says the idea evolved into their new versions of Fluorescent which they then put out for Record Store Day.
Woof.

G_Goalden

#13 Post by G_Goalden »

Surely a passing mention for the Twenty Something (Nissim Godfather Remix) - one of the most interesting remixes in their career. Reminds me of the old Frankie Goes To Hollywood remixes of the 80's i.e ridiculous, camp and over the top.

G.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017

Dog

#14 Post by Dog »

G_Goalden wrote:Surely a passing mention for the Twenty Something (Nissim Godfather Remix) - one of the most interesting remixes in their career. Reminds me of the old Frankie Goes To Hollywood remixes of the 80's i.e ridiculous, camp and over the top.

G.
This is the unreleased one, isn’t it? Do we know why it didn’t get a proper release? Did we think there was an uncleared sample in there?
Woof.

G_Goalden

#15 Post by G_Goalden »

Dog wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020, 3:40 pm
G_Goalden wrote:Surely a passing mention for the Twenty Something (Nissim Godfather Remix) - one of the most interesting remixes in their career. Reminds me of the old Frankie Goes To Hollywood remixes of the 80's i.e ridiculous, camp and over the top.

G.
This is the unreleased one, isn’t it? Do we know why it didn’t get a proper release? Did we think there was an uncleared sample in there?
Yes, it has a very (not) subtle Godfather sample that runs throughout it. In reality it should have been called the Godfather Theme (Nissim PSB Remix)

G.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017