When you stop liking the music as much

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
tottenhammattspurs

Re: When you stop liking the music as much

#46 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

That is such a massive mis-step in the current climate. Fans on social media are equally enraged about the frankly ridiculous pricing. Where's the £29.99 A4 sized paperback that actual fans who have been through eight months of a pandemic, can actually afford?

This is though, exactly the sort of thing PSB would do though isn't it! Except they'd only have 100 copies, have it bound in gold leaf and expect us to pay £3000
is is and isnt isnt

spooky

#47 Post by spooky »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020, 9:02 am I've been a huge Depeche fan since around 86. I keep kidding myself that the next album will be a "return to form". I've been saying that for four albums now. Man that group misses Alan Wilder....
i've often said when Alan left DM, so did i.

RichBeard

#48 Post by RichBeard »

I don’t think I’ll ever get as excited about music as I did when I was 14, 15. They’re the golden years for me lol. When you first discover music as a teenager it’s amazing.. I still get flashes of that excitement from time to time.

I always get excited about a psb release. Personally, I don’t think there’s a bad psb album (that’s why I’m a fan lol). I even like Release & Elysium..! I might not listen to the boys for a while but I always come back.. their songs mean too much to me to forget them! I’ll never stop loving their songs..

glennjridge

#49 Post by glennjridge »

even though overall I think Hotspot is a very clunky album, when I first heard will o the wisp I was like...THEY STILL GOT IT!

hotspotnot

#50 Post by hotspotnot »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm This is though, exactly the sort of thing PSB would do though isn't it! Except they'd only have 100 copies, have it bound in gold leaf and expect us to pay £3000
What an odd comment to make. No one is forced to spend crazy amounts on PSB, and they haven't done things like this very often have they?
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

verbow79

#51 Post by verbow79 »

I’ll be honest in that it’s been tough going for me after the Bilingual b-sides. Behavior, Introspective and Very seemed like pinnacle for writing a killer tune and been more miss than hit since then. Love is a bourgeois construct was the last high point song for me, but just not consistent enough over a full album. Still love the boys to death though and their worst output is better than 99% of the crap out there!