100 Lyrics and Hotspot

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
hotspotnot

100 Lyrics and Hotspot

#1 Post by hotspotnot »

I wonder what songs from Hotspot Neil would have included is his book of lyrics had it been published now? Am I right that no co-writes (beyond Tennant/Lowe) were included in the book? If so, that would excluded Monkey Business and Dreamland.

I think "Will-o-the-Wisp" would be the most obvious contender as Neil loves a bit of history and showing off his erudition ;) and maybe "Burning the heather" with it's wistful contemplative lyrics.
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

Greendrake

Re: 100 Lyrics and Hotspot

#2 Post by Greendrake »

This speculation certainly needs to also mention which songs from the 100 already included would have to be taken out to make room for the Hotspot ones.

jasonjohn

#3 Post by jasonjohn »

- How I learned to hate rock and roll
+ Will-o-the-wisp

- Too many people
+ Burning the heather

jasonjohn

#4 Post by jasonjohn »

It would of been awesomely suspenseful if tracks from a future album appeared in this book :)

hotspotnot

#5 Post by hotspotnot »

jasonjohn wrote: Thu 08 Oct 2020, 8:43 am It would of been awesomely suspenseful if tracks from a future album appeared in this book :)
That would have been pretty cool. Better still if he'd left blank pages and the official site had downloadable sheets that could be pasted in... :lol:
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

Patrick Bateman

#6 Post by Patrick Bateman »

hotspotnot wrote: Wed 07 Oct 2020, 10:45 am I wonder what songs from Hotspot Neil would have included is his book of lyrics had it been published now? Am I right that no co-writes (beyond Tennant/Lowe) were included in the book? If so, that would excluded Monkey Business and Dreamland.

I think "Will-o-the-Wisp" would be the most obvious contender as Neil loves a bit of history and showing off his erudition ;) and maybe "Burning the heather" with it's wistful contemplative lyrics.
You're (hot)spot on with the two he would have included.

jasonjohn

#7 Post by jasonjohn »

- West End Girls
+ One Hit Wonder