Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

boyjohn

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#17 Post by boyjohn »

Wow, great interview, Olly is such a great guy. Hope this comes to the US.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

mhvbear

#18 Post by mhvbear »

It was announced in December 2019 that HBO Max had acquired the U.S. rights to the series.

boyjohn

#19 Post by boyjohn »

mhvbear wrote: Mon 11 Jan 2021, 3:23 pm It was announced in December 2019 that HBO Max had acquired the U.S. rights to the series.
Great, thanks for the info.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Gabby

#20 Post by Gabby »

Looking forward to this although I worry and suspect that PSB wont get much more than a fleeting acknowledgment (the title of the show of course, and maybe a couple of tunes in the background would be my guess).

Bear in mind that Neil didn't officially come out until the Very era - it might come across as a bit anachronistic to acknowledge that any earlier even by association of their songs.

Patrick Bateman

#21 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Gabby wrote: Mon 11 Jan 2021, 8:39 pm Looking forward to this although I worry and suspect that PSB wont get much more than a fleeting acknowledgment (the title of the show of course, and maybe a couple of tunes in the background would be my guess).

Bear in mind that Neil didn't officially come out until the Very era - it might come across as a bit anachronistic to acknowledge that any earlier even by association of their songs.
They won't be involved at all except on the soundtrack but the drama will clearly document the same issues and epoch as many of their songs, notwithstanding Neil not being 'out' until 1996.

Flaffer

#22 Post by Flaffer »

1994, I think you'll find dear. :wink: Great interview, he comes across (fnaar fnaar) really well. Nice he doesn't have the ego, unlike other 'celebs' his age, to regard himself as an activist, purely on the basis of his fame, career and sexuality. Love that photo of him with Rihanna
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Marie loves PSB

#23 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Does anyone know when this is going to start please? I keep looking out for it and thought it would be quite soon. :?

Marie loves PSB

#24 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Late January! :up:

Dog

#25 Post by Dog »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 12 Jan 2021, 11:24 am Does anyone know when this is going to start please? I keep looking out for it and thought it would be quite soon. :?
22 January
Woof.

Patrick Bateman

#26 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Flaffer wrote: Mon 11 Jan 2021, 11:14 pm 1994, I think you'll find dear. :wink:
So it was.

http://petshopboysinparis.free.fr/magazines08.htm

I have compartmentalised Bilingual as the first 'out' album but I suppose it was actually Disco 2.

OakeyDokey

#27 Post by OakeyDokey »

Apologies if it's been covered before but during their imperial phase, was there a lot of press speculation about Neil (or Chris) re "Is he?/Isn't he?" and if so, is he on record about how he felt about it?
Sorry, I was 3 or 4, I wasn't paying much attention.

Marie loves PSB

#28 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Dog wrote: Tue 12 Jan 2021, 3:53 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 12 Jan 2021, 11:24 am Does anyone know when this is going to start please? I keep looking out for it and thought it would be quite soon. :?
22 January
Thank you Dog. :D

Marie loves PSB

#29 Post by Marie loves PSB »

OakeyDokey wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:18 am Apologies if it's been covered before but during their imperial phase, was there a lot of press speculation about Neil (or Chris) re "Is he?/Isn't he?" and if so, is he on record about how he felt about it?
Sorry, I was 3 or 4, I wasn't paying much attention.
OakeyDokey My memory is really bad but, I am sure Neil "came out" when it was his 40th Birthday. Neil was on the front on Attitude magazine (the iconic grey photograph that I have luckily got on my wall) :mrgreen: and I am sure he did a radio interview about it as well. Can anyone else correct me? :)

Greendrake

#30 Post by Greendrake »

Music-wise or PSB-wise, is there anything to wait for apart from mere use of the album version for the soundtrack and perhaps some comments by PSB? Any new PSB music or remixes?