Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
raggatwin

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#136 Post by raggatwin »

This place has always been a cesspool of intolerance....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

tucky101

#137 Post by tucky101 »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 30 Jan 2021, 11:29 am The second episode was more upsetting - it did bring tears to my eyes. I think it will become even more upsetting soon. :( This has been written very well. :up:
I guess you’re watching it 1980s retro style one episode every week....?

You probably need to prepare yourself for the next one....it’s incredibly sad....

Gabby

#138 Post by Gabby »

Totally binge watched this last night. It was very good but not as tense or gut wrenchingly sad as I expected. I think what happened is of course incredibly awful, but didn't find myself invested in Richie's plight. Colin's story was far more tragic I felt.

Greendrake

#139 Post by Greendrake »

NotInvisible wrote: Sat 30 Jan 2021, 2:49 pm Imagine thinking that challenging compassion was in any way admirable.
It doesn't need to be, but I can see your point: what is not admirable needs to be thrown shit at.
NotInvisible wrote: Sat 30 Jan 2021, 2:49 pm Everyone here knows what you are.
Didn't know you've been appointed to speak on everyone's behalf here, counselor.

tucky101

#140 Post by tucky101 »

Gabby wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021, 12:28 am Totally binge watched this last night. It was very good but not as tense or gut wrenchingly sad as I expected. I think what happened is of course incredibly awful, but didn't find myself invested in Richie's plight. Colin's story was far more tragic I felt.
You’re so right.

Not sure how I can write this without it being a spoiler.

I thought it was obvious in the first episode both would succumb. Colin I guessed would die because of his supposed innocence and sweet gentle nature. Ritchie because he threw a packet of condoms away.

Think the thing with Richie’s story was his poor relationship with the parents and his upbringing. Culminating in the last half hour with the scenes in the hospital and his mother denying his friends the chance to see him on his deathbed.

Marie loves PSB

#141 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tucky101 wrote: Sat 30 Jan 2021, 8:22 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 30 Jan 2021, 11:29 am The second episode was more upsetting - it did bring tears to my eyes. I think it will become even more upsetting soon. :( This has been written very well. :up:
I guess you’re watching it 1980s retro style one episode every week....?

You probably need to prepare yourself for the next one....it’s incredibly sad....
Thank you for the warning tucky101. :) Yes, we are watching every week. This programme is an excellent replacement for Gogglebox (which, I am missing). :up:

Marie loves PSB

#142 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tucky101 wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021, 2:10 am Colin I guessed would die because of his supposed innocence and sweet gentle nature.
Oh! :( I thought out of all of them Colin would be ok.

Future Lover

#143 Post by Future Lover »

We should have spoiler alerts!

oakey

#144 Post by oakey »

Future Lover wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021, 3:41 pm We should have spoiler alerts!
Yes please do not post spoilers!! 🤬

tucky101

#145 Post by tucky101 »

oakey wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021, 3:43 pm
Future Lover wrote: Sun 31 Jan 2021, 3:41 pm We should have spoiler alerts!
Yes please do not post spoilers!! 🤬
Apologies. In my defence I did say “this might be a spoiler” and the thread doesn’t say no spoilers...

Can’t have been much of a surprise though lol

tucky101

#146 Post by tucky101 »

Removed

JSDOUVRES

#148 Post by JSDOUVRES »

They kept playing bits of It's a sin and were talking about this series on talkSport Drive in the UK today and the presenter Adrian Durham was giving it huge praise! Came as quite a surprise to hear the song on that show, must be helping to sell a good few copies of the albums too, surely?!
They are having a daily 'It's a sin' this week too, with songs from the soundtrack. Cool!

Patrick Bateman

#150 Post by Patrick Bateman »

JSDOUVRES wrote: Mon 01 Feb 2021, 10:53 pm They kept playing bits of It's a sin and were talking about this series on talkSport Drive in the UK today and the presenter Adrian Durham was giving it huge praise! Came as quite a surprise to hear the song on that show, must be helping to sell a good few copies of the albums too, surely?!
They are having a daily 'It's a sin' this week too, with songs from the soundtrack. Cool!
Just played on Match of the Day too. :eh: