Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
PSBForTheMasses
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#196 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Is this show international or broadcast on Netflix or something like that? There is an inexlicable surge in interest towards "It's a sin" in Turkey. It started to rotate on Turkish radios heavily and young people in forums started to post lyrical quotes from it.

User avatar
Marie loves PSB
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#197 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Spittingcat wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 3:36 pm What an emotional evocative effective series. 10/10
Yes, it has been. :( I am still traumatised by what happened (without giving the game away). **Possible spoiler maybe here** -

Episodes two and three were bad for me.

User avatar
Marie loves PSB
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#198 Post by Marie loves PSB »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 3:30 am Is this show international or broadcast on Netflix or something like that?
In the U.K it has been on Channel 4. I think you can download it. - Was that on "All four" does anyone know? :)

User avatar
BlueSwan
Posts: 2605
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#199 Post by BlueSwan »

Nickname wrote: Thu 18 Feb 2021, 9:30 pm Apart from this:
https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-ne ... es__32480/

Opportunities is now #5 West End Girls is now #23 on dance/electronic/digital sales in US.

A little PSB revival in both sides of the Atlantic.
Opportunities is now #1 on that chart. I have to say that I am more than a little puzzled by this, LOL.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

Nickname
Posts: 6435
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#200 Post by Nickname »

BlueSwan wrote: Tue 23 Feb 2021, 7:32 pm
Nickname wrote: Thu 18 Feb 2021, 9:30 pm Apart from this:
https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-ne ... es__32480/

Opportunities is now #5 West End Girls is now #23 on dance/electronic/digital sales in US.

A little PSB revival in both sides of the Atlantic.
Opportunities is now #1 on that chart. I have to say that I am more than a little puzzled by this, LOL.
Yes it is. :dance:

User avatar
Sebastian_Surfleet
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat 01 Feb 2020, 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#201 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 11:44 am
Spittingcat wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 3:36 pm What an emotional evocative effective series. 10/10
Yes, it has been. :( I am still traumatised by what happened (without giving the game away). **Possible spoiler maybe here** -

Episodes two and three were bad for me.
The ending of Episode Three was like a gut punch.

And, without spoiling it, anyone that has had a grandparent slowly waste away would understand why.

User avatar
S-sense
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu 08 Jun 2006, 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#202 Post by S-sense »

An inspired cover inspired by this amazing series:

https://youtu.be/TGJBxP8XDv4

User avatar
Sandy Shaw
Posts: 3935
Joined: Thu 29 Nov 2007, 9:36 am
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#203 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 11:49 am
PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 3:30 am Is this show international or broadcast on Netflix or something like that?
In the U.K it has been on Channel 4. I think you can download it. - Was that on "All four" does anyone know? :)
Yes, available on All4. It's how some of us saw the whole series in one go!
What's for supper?

User avatar
Marie loves PSB
Posts: 1567
Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#204 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Sun 28 Feb 2021, 5:18 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 11:49 am
PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 3:30 am Is this show international or broadcast on Netflix or something like that?
In the U.K it has been on Channel 4. I think you can download it. - Was that on "All four" does anyone know? :)
Yes, available on All4. It's how some of us saw the whole series in one go!
Thank you! Sandy Shaw. :) :up:

User avatar
oakey
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#205 Post by oakey »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Sun 28 Feb 2021, 5:18 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 11:49 am
PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021, 3:30 am Is this show international or broadcast on Netflix or something like that?
In the U.K it has been on Channel 4. I think you can download it. - Was that on "All four" does anyone know? :)
Yes, available on All4. It's how some of us saw the whole series in one go!
Also available on bluray and DVD from eg Amazon.co.uk

User avatar
Kobalt Blew
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri 10 Aug 2007, 12:38 am
Contact:

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#206 Post by Kobalt Blew »

Track 21 on Now 108 CD - Years & Years It's a sin

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/music ... music!-108
previously Parlophoney.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests