Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

Re: Russell T Davis: It's A Sin

#31 Post by Greendrake »

[double post]

Greendrake

#32 Post by Greendrake »

[double post]
Last edited by Greendrake on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

tottenhammattspurs

#33 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

This programme looks like it could be superb. Very good cast and superb music (obvs) but can’t help thinking this will just cement the view of the general public that PSB “are that gay band innit”.
is is and isnt isnt

boyjohn

#34 Post by boyjohn »

the more gay the better, f*** people if they don't like it
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Dog

#35 Post by Dog »

I’m not sure we can assume even It’s A Sin will be in the programme simply because it’s in the trailer and inspires the title. The 2020 Steve Coogan film Greed used It’s A Sin in the trailer but it’s not in the film or on the soundtrack.
Woof.

OakeyDokey

#36 Post by OakeyDokey »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021, 6:18 pm
OakeyDokey wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:18 am Apologies if it's been covered before but during their imperial phase, was there a lot of press speculation about Neil (or Chris) re "Is he?/Isn't he?" and if so, is he on record about how he felt about it?
Sorry, I was 3 or 4, I wasn't paying much attention.
OakeyDokey My memory is really bad but, I am sure Neil "came out" when it was his 40th Birthday. Neil was on the front on Attitude magazine (the iconic grey photograph that I have luckily got on my wall) :mrgreen: and I am sure he did a radio interview about it as well. Can anyone else correct me? :)
Thanks for responding. I meant more between '87-'89, whether there was much murmuring and if Neil got annoyed about it etc.

Greendrake

#37 Post by Greendrake »

Dog wrote: Thu 14 Jan 2021, 5:22 pm The 2020 Steve Coogan film Greed used It’s A Sin in the trailer but it’s not in the film or on the soundtrack.
Right, that's it. I was wondering where this strange déjà vu of hearing It's a sin in a modern film trailer comes from.
Unless they are actually using it in the soundtrack, we observe a new trend of using It's a sin just for trailers :D
boyjohn wrote: Thu 14 Jan 2021, 5:10 pm the more gay the better, f*** people if they don't like it
Historically, a large proportion of PSB admirers have been admiring them for anything but this specific facet of their occupation. But they themselves seem to have been consciously making it more and more prominent on them over the last decade. Well, it is probably well-calculated: old fanbase will not stop buying, and in terms of getting new one it makes perfect sense to bid on the new global trends and f*** those who don't like them.

Marie loves PSB

#38 Post by Marie loves PSB »

OakeyDokey wrote: Thu 14 Jan 2021, 6:25 pm
OakeyDokey wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:18 am Apologies if it's been covered before but during their imperial phase, was there a lot of press speculation about Neil (or Chris) re "Is he?/Isn't he?" and if so, is he on record about how he felt about it?
Sorry, I was 3 or 4, I wasn't paying much attention.
OakeyDokey My memory is really bad but, I am sure Neil "came out" when it was his 40th Birthday. Neil was on the front on Attitude magazine (the iconic grey photograph that I have luckily got on my wall) :mrgreen: and I am sure he did a radio interview about it as well. Can anyone else correct me? :)
Thanks for responding. I meant more between '87-'89, whether there was much murmuring and if Neil got annoyed about it etc.
No problem OakeyDokey. :) The only other thing I wonder about that I only found out a couple of years ago (and I don't know if it is true or not) is Jimmy Somerville did not like Neil for not coming out in the 80's.

Sandy Shaw

#39 Post by Sandy Shaw »

What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#40 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:34 am
OakeyDokey wrote: Thu 14 Jan 2021, 6:25 pm

No problem OakeyDokey. :) The only other thing I wonder about that I only found out a couple of years ago (and I don't know if it is true or not) is Jimmy Somerville did not like Neil for not coming out in the 80's.
He wanted them both to come out!

I've linked to a previous discussion about this.
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#41 Post by Sandy Shaw »

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (266.98 KiB) Viewed 480 times
One just had to read the code. They've pretty much both come out now! I just think that Chris hasn't told his mum!
What's for supper?

beartattoo

#42 Post by beartattoo »

I’ve just had it on good authority that Years And Years will release a cover version of It’s A Sin this Friday!

leesmapman

#43 Post by leesmapman »

Ooh, interesting.

Pod

#45 Post by Pod »

Where’s scienceguy? He’d have a field day with this...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.