It Couldn't Happen Here DVD/BluRay 2020 - Summary of pressings?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

It Couldn't Happen Here DVD/BluRay 2020 - Summary of pressings?

#1 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Normally I'd be able to find this information out of Discogs or PSB Catalogue but neither provide any details as of yet.

Do we have a definitive understanding of what editions of the It Couldn't Happen Here DVD/BluRay exist?

And do any of those pressings correct the 24/25 speed issue, or is that a common feature of all pressings?

Are there any matrix numbers, or variations in the prints which can help us tell the difference between the different versions.

Thanks.

Retro. :)

Greendrake

Re: It Couldn't Happen Here DVD/BluRay 2020 - Summary of pressings?

#2 Post by Greendrake »

I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I'm fairly sure there are only two editions so far — Deluxe and Standard with no difference in digital content whatsoever.
The DVD disc is 25 fps, normal speed.
The Bluray disc is 24 fps, containing all the same frames and hence proportionally slower speed / lower pitch. The only exception is the Always on my mind video which was resampled to run at 24 fps with unchanged length/pitch.

retrofuturist

Re: It Couldn't Happen Here DVD/BluRay 2020 - Summary of pressings?

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Greendrake,

Thanks... that's very helpful for myself and anyone not wanting to trawl through the giant topic, trying to glean this information. Now just to see if anyone knows of anything else or different.

Retro. :)