Unity Tour would be starting tomorrow in Toronto

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

#1 Post by Gabby »

Tomorrow would have been the first date on the PSB/NO Unity Tour.

I had (still have for the rescheduled dates) tickets for Toronto's Budweiser Stage.

Feeling kind of bummed about it today, but hoping that there's something new on the horizon from New Order (their mysterious Facebook post stating 8th Sept 2020 is a teaser for something), and might be nice if our Boys can release something before Christmas to tide us over and keep us out of the doldrums.

For anyone else feeling down about it right now, sending my love and support and hope all is good for 2021!

LittleMy

Re: Unity Tour would be starting tomorrow in Toronto

#2 Post by LittleMy »

Thank you Gabby. I feel your sadness as Pet Shop Boys were supposed to perform in Warsaw, in May. I did have tickets in hand and I was excited beyond measure. Had to do some overtime to afford them but I felt it worth every penny. Then the pandemic hit. I was looking online for more information, potential rescheduling or something but so far I came empty handed. It is not about the money but about the feeling, emotions and breathtaking experience I was looking for. I hope it is still ahead of me.
Lots of support for you Gabby as well!
Thank you for help with website planning my Aussie friends!

scousepsbfan

#3 Post by scousepsbfan »

FYI New Order single 'Be a rebel' gets it's world premiere on The Zoe Ball Show on BBC Radio 2 on Tuesday morning, 8th September!
Fight for love or love to fight......

MikeyC

#4 Post by MikeyC »

scousepsbfan wrote:
Mon 07 Sep 2020, 10:20 pm
FYI New Order single 'Be a rebel' gets it's world premiere on The Zoe Ball Show on BBC Radio 2 on Tuesday morning, 8th September!
Exciting!! 8)

NikacP0kac

#5 Post by NikacP0kac »

It's a lovely tune, perhaps a bit generic NO. Hope they manage to put out a new album before the start of the delayed Unity tour.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

rashomon

#6 Post by rashomon »

I like it - it’s not immediately memorable in any way but there are some nice synth swirls going on.

An extended version would be great and also hoping for more material pre Unity tour

Would have been on a plane to NYC this week .... but not feeling too down about it. Will have a longer wait and will hopefully be there in ‘21 instead.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Gabby

#7 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote:
Tue 08 Sep 2020, 3:35 pm
I like it - it’s not immediately memorable in any way but there are some nice synth swirls going on.

An extended version would be great and also hoping for more material pre Unity tour

Would have been on a plane to NYC this week .... but not feeling too down about it. Will have a longer wait and will hopefully be there in ‘21 instead.
It's not bad, but it's pretty pedestrian. Sounds like a lost Electronic track. Not nearly beefy enough to be a solid NO track. I don't think even a Hooky bass could improve it much to be honest.

Nevertheless, I wont complain too hadr - new NO material is always welcomed, but probably wont be buying it unless it lands on a new album too.

spooky

#8 Post by spooky »

scousepsbfan wrote:
Mon 07 Sep 2020, 10:20 pm
track sounds more PSB, than New Order. really would fit well as the B-Side for "Did You See Me Coming?", actually.

rashomon

#9 Post by rashomon »

you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional