Future duet

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PopKid78

Re: Future duet

#16 Post by PopKid78 »

PSBForTheMasses wrote:
londonnoise wrote: Sat 31 Oct 2020, 12:46 am I do think there's room in this world for a PSB/Adele collab. I love her voice, but have never really loved her songs. I'd love to hear what they could do with each other (so to speak).
I like Someone Like You very much but Hello is despicably corny and insincere.
If Adele released a version of Breathing Space, it would be number one forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotspotnot

#17 Post by hotspotnot »

A fifth Number One is forever out of their grasp. They're never going to collaborate or duet with another artist who could get them to that spot either. Even if they worked with big chart acts like Little Mix, Lady Gaga, Ariadne Grande, or Dua Lipa, I don't think it would get them anywhere near.

Isn't it now all about album sales anyway?
Working the wheel. One eye alert and one asleep.

PSBForTheMasses

#18 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

hotspotnot wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020, 10:45 am A fifth Number One is forever out of their grasp. They're never going to collaborate or duet with another artist who could get them to that spot either. Even if they worked with big chart acts like Little Mix, Lady Gaga, Ariadne Grande, or Dua Lipa, I don't think it would get them anywhere near.

A duet with Ariadne Grande which would be a soundtrack from a globally smash hit movie as tear jerky as Titanic or as cornily sexy as Fifty Shades of Grey plus a very sexy video plus a heavy promotion plus every event or charity organization that they could put their hands on and where they could perform the song till every one pleads "please stop stop enough"...

Well, then maybe :lol:

hotspotnot

#19 Post by hotspotnot »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020, 11:48 am
hotspotnot wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020, 10:45 am A fifth Number One is forever out of their grasp. They're never going to collaborate or duet with another artist who could get them to that spot either. Even if they worked with big chart acts like Little Mix, Lady Gaga, Ariadne Grande, or Dua Lipa, I don't think it would get them anywhere near.

A duet with Ariadne Grande which would be a soundtrack from a globally smash hit movie as tear jerky as Titanic or as cornily sexy as Fifty Shades of Grey plus a very sexy video plus a heavy promotion plus every event or charity organization that they could put their hands on and where they could perform the song till every one pleads "please stop stop enough"...

Well, then maybe :lol:
Maybe.... only if they released the track as a single edit without Neil's vocals 😉

domino

#20 Post by domino »

*Ariana :P
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

hotspotnot

#21 Post by hotspotnot »

domino wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020, 2:57 pm*Ariana :P
Maybe I meant the character from Greek mythology... 😂

retrofuturist

#22 Post by retrofuturist »

Unless I'm forgetting one, they haven't done a good duet since What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Kylie - bad
Elton - bad
Robbie - meh
Example - barely a duet, more a bonus rap.
Olly - meh

This Used To Be The Future was good, but it had three vocalists rather than two.

glennjridge

#23 Post by glennjridge »

yeah I dont like their duets or even them partaking in them. I just want them on their songs. even dusty, yes yes I know "what have I done" is beloved by all the fans but she sounds so much like neil on the track and vice versa when I listen to the track I dont even hear a duet. just neil maybe using two different microphones or something lol

Future Lover

#24 Post by Future Lover »

"She's Madonna" is fairly brilliant, I'd say. Sounds like a poppy "Tour de France"!

OakeyDokey

#25 Post by OakeyDokey »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 17 Nov 2020, 12:56 am Unless I'm forgetting one, they haven't done a good duet since What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Kylie - bad
Elton - bad
Robbie - meh
Example - barely a duet, more a bonus rap.
Olly - meh

This Used To Be The Future was good, but it had three vocalists rather than two.
What about wot they did with Zowie Bowie's Dad?

retrofuturist

#26 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
OakeyDokey wrote: Tue 17 Nov 2020, 5:51 pm What about wot they did with Zowie Bowie's Dad?
I stand corrected. That was indeed a good one. (I forgot that one on account of it being a remix).

Retro. :)

vincenzosz

#27 Post by vincenzosz »

glennjridge wrote: Tue 18 Aug 2020, 7:32 am
tottenhammattspurs wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020, 10:50 pm Even if they both died simultaneously, they won’t get a number one. Michael Jackson, Prince,George Michael Bowie and Whitney have all died and didn’t get posthumous UK number one singles.
Damn what a loss George Michael is. I still remember being at the movie theater to take the family to see one of the Star Wars premiers and one of my daughter's saw the news alert on her phone. it totally ruined the movie. which was bad anyways btw. I still cant believe we wont ever hear that golden voice on new albums. glad I got to see him for the faith tour. you could go 100 years and never get a voice like that again.
A Pet Shop Boys George Michael collaboration would of been such a treat! Such a loss Indeed.