Future duet

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Patrick Bateman

Future duet

#1 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Imagine if Cardi B had teamed up with Neil on WAP rather than Megan Thee Stallion.....

But come on, it can only be a matter of time. Nailed-on fifth number one single.

leesmapman

Re: Future duet

#2 Post by leesmapman »

I think they'd be having a laugh over it if that happened. No harm done of course.

romy

#3 Post by romy »

It would be so easy to have another Nr.1 Single.Going together with this girl for a song and they have it...

PSBForTheMasses

#4 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

I don't think PSB will have another number 1 ever even if they duet with Donald Trump :D .

TallThinMan

#5 Post by TallThinMan »

PSBForTheMasses wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020, 10:58 am
I don't think PSB will have another number 1 ever even if they duet with Donald Trump :D .
I could see them having a posthumous number one for one week if they both died at the same time (Heaven forbid) and West End Girls was re-released. Lots of people would probably remember how much they liked it the first time around. Death’s always a good career move for established artists.

tottenhammattspurs

#6 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Even if they both died simultaneously, they won’t get a number one. Michael Jackson, Prince,George Michael Bowie and Whitney have all died and didn’t get posthumous UK number one singles.
is is and isnt isnt

jasonjohn

#7 Post by jasonjohn »

nothing to stop anyone having a number one

just, the charts are different these days

glennjridge

#8 Post by glennjridge »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020, 10:50 pm
Even if they both died simultaneously, they won’t get a number one. Michael Jackson, Prince,George Michael Bowie and Whitney have all died and didn’t get posthumous UK number one singles.
Damn what a loss George Michael is. I still remember being at the movie theater to take the family to see one of the Star Wars premiers and one of my daughter's saw the news alert on her phone. it totally ruined the movie. which was bad anyways btw. I still cant believe we wont ever hear that golden voice on new albums. glad I got to see him for the faith tour. you could go 100 years and never get a voice like that again.

TallThinMan

#9 Post by TallThinMan »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020, 10:50 pm
In that case they've no chance.

PSBForTheMasses

#10 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

TallThinMan wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020, 5:21 pm
PSBForTheMasses wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020, 10:58 am
I could see them having a posthumous number one for one week if they both died at the same time (Heaven forbid) and West End Girls was re-released. Lots of people would probably remember how much they liked it the first time around. Death’s always a good career move for established artists.
I would just ask about George Michael but friends here have already replied.

I, too, do not think that their death (God forbid) would give another number one to them. There is a huge and eerie gap with Z-generation (iPhone generation, my wife calls them).

I remember talks here at around British Awards days. Everyone was expecting that their albums would catapult to the top of the charts after the ceremony night, but as far as I remember, only PopArt climbed to No.19 for one week and Yes debutted at No 3, nothing else...

Eleven

#11 Post by Eleven »

Who cares about charts in 2020 ???????
To know if a song is somehow "number 1" you should look for songs that have more than 200 million replays on Spotify and even so no one really cares

y3potential

#12 Post by y3potential »

Alas there isn't a 'Hit Parade' as such these days.. Many of us were fortunate to grow up taping the chart run down off the radio on a Sunday afternoon back in the day.. Those days are long gone, for better or worse. Depending on your point of view..
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

james23_uk

#13 Post by james23_uk »

How can you get up 10 times if you only get knocked down 9?
at rock bottom :wall: