How many Tennant/Lowe-tracks?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
TallThinMan

Re: How many Tennant/Lowe-tracks?

#16 Post by TallThinMan »

Ramzy wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 11:06 pm
leesmapman wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 4:13 pm
I've checked my Please CD and the Further Listening CD. The original doesn't have writing credits, Further Listening states Lowe/Tennant.
It's credited only to Tennant on the side B label of the original LP release - strange that the CD doesn't carry any writing credits! Don't own the remastered LP from 2017, but looking at the photos on Discogs it's also marked only as "Tennant" there. Given it's the only track with that credit, I'm inclined to believe it's deliberate. But who knows? (Although in the reissued CD commentary, Neil does refer to a "we" writing the song rather than an "I", so...)
IIRC “Later Tonight” is credited to Tennant only on the sheet music for “Please” too. Unfortunately I don’t have my copy to hand.

Greendrake

#17 Post by Greendrake »

I just checked my original Please CD to confirm that it indeed does not bear writing credits (unlike mixing/engineering ones) at all. What a heck. The writing credits on the 20xx reissue CDs is such a shoddy, sloppy copy/paste job. This alone seems to be a reason to buy the vinyl :twisted: .

itsadog

#18 Post by itsadog »

I have the Please sheet music book and on there Later Tonight is just credited to "Tennant" (yup I saw this thread and just went to my shelves to check!), and 2/0 is credited to Tennant/Orlando as mentioned above.

TallThinMan

#19 Post by TallThinMan »

itsadog wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020, 9:25 am
I have the Please sheet music book and on there Later Tonight is just credited to "Tennant" (yup I saw this thread and just went to my shelves to check!), and 2/0 is credited to Tennant/Orlando as mentioned above.
Thanks for confirming! Funnily enough I just had a sort out and found all my old PSB sheet music books.