The Theory about Disco 5

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Tom Angel

Re: The Theory about Disco 5

#16 Post by Tom Angel »

A live album wold be ace - a compilation of previous tour versions - Performance particularly.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

jules

#17 Post by jules »

I thought i read somewhere the theory about disco 5 was that it was the last Kylie album.

Oznerol

#18 Post by Oznerol »

..the shadow of a possible compilation of "live" remixes is also a chance in the horizon...completely disppointing to me if that happens.. because we alreday heard/have of that stuff in full "live" quality on the various DVD/Bluray releases. Just a little few of them remain completely unreleased (altough good quality broadcast recordings are always available from some source somewhere around the world). If we got new studio quality recordings is a different thing..they can tweak/change things to make them interesting again!.
This is not my signature.

TwizzleUK

#19 Post by TwizzleUK »

Oznerol wrote:
Sat 08 Aug 2020, 9:00 pm
..the shadow of a possible compilation of "live" remixes is also a chance in the horizon...
Says who? What's the source - other than "Disco 5" style fan forum ramblings?

Oznerol

#20 Post by Oznerol »

TwizzleUK wrote:
Sun 09 Aug 2020, 12:26 am
Oznerol wrote:
Sat 08 Aug 2020, 9:00 pm
..the shadow of a possible compilation of "live" remixes is also a chance in the horizon...
Says who? What's the source - other than "Disco 5" style fan forum ramblings?
Nothing more than "Disco 5" style fan forum ramblings"...that is what this therad is about..isn`t it?? ;)
A live remixes compilation is a possibility that suits perfectly on the ever-changing concept of the Disco series, but always keeping the subject around "dance tracks" and "remixes".
This is not my signature.

Greendrake

#21 Post by Greendrake »

Can't recall which Disco it was — either 3 or 4, but I recall someone asked Neil along the lines why they keep releasing Disco and how long will it keep happening, to which Neil replied along the lines that there will certainly be Disco 4, 5, 6 etc.

... here it is. Nothing about Disco 5 but, anyway, this is from official site questions/answers, December 2002:
Wayne Dickson 6 December 2002

Question 727:
I swear I didn't know about Disco 3. I'm quite freaked out but I promise to keep an open mind! Does this mean you're not releasing a Greatest Hits in 2003?

Answer:
Why you freaked out? It's a continuing series...there'll be Disco 4 in a few years time! No it doesn't mean we're not releasing a Greatest Hits (although that isn't confirmed anyway). N

inchmix

#22 Post by inchmix »

Ive been browsing this forum for years but never have posted before. But I had to post now! A few months ago I decided to stir up a friend of mine who really doesn't like Stuart Price's sound.

(For me personally I find Stuart's sound too loud and compressed that it sound like a 'rock' record rather than a 'electronic' record).

So back to my friend - I decided to stir him up by saying this is the Disco 5 tracklisting. It was going to be released as the next PSB Greatest Hits Tour where Stuart was going to re-invent past tunes of PSB kinda like Madonna. He was not happy when I told him that it was made up. Lol! So here's my fake-Disco 5 tracklisting ...just for fun. :lol:

7.05 West End Girls (Thin White Duke Mix)
8.07 Vocal (Paper Faces Vocal Mix)
10.07 Opportunities (TWD Mix)
5.33 Left To My Own Devices (Super Version)
8.36 You Only Tell Mr You Love Me When You're Drunk (Jacques Lu Cont's Sober Mix)
6.08 London (Stuart Price Remix)
9.10 Can You Forgive Her (Les Rythmes Digitales Mix)
5.35 Did You See Me Coming (Man With Guitar Obvious Mix)
7.09 Integral (SDP Dub)

Markpro

#23 Post by Markpro »

I would like to see Disco 5 (or Discofied) have a new PSB dance mix of one track only from each of their studio albums, mine would be...

Please - I Want A Lover
Actually - Hit Music
Introspective - I Want A Dog
Behaviour - This Must Be The Place I Waited Years To Leave
Very - Young Offender
Bilingual - The Survivors
Nightlife - Closer To Heaven
Release - Birthday Boy
Fundamental - Luna Park
Yes - The Way It Used To Be
Elysium - A Face Like That
Electric - Inside A Dream
Super - Burn
Hotspot - Will-O-The-Wisp

Make it a continuous mix like Rampling's Disco 2 (calm down) so it can easily fit on CD, it might spike people's interest in the boys previous albums as well.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

lucienchardon

#24 Post by lucienchardon »

inchmix wrote:
Fri 04 Sep 2020, 2:20 am
Ive been browsing this forum for years but never have posted before. But I had to post now! A few months ago I decided to stir up a friend of mine who really doesn't like Stuart Price's sound.

(For me personally I find Stuart's sound too loud and compressed that it sound like a 'rock' record rather than a 'electronic' record).

So back to my friend - I decided to stir him up by saying this is the Disco 5 tracklisting. It was going to be released as the next PSB Greatest Hits Tour where Stuart was going to re-invent past tunes of PSB kinda like Madonna. He was not happy when I told him that it was made up. Lol! So here's my fake-Disco 5 tracklisting ...just for fun. :lol:

7.05 West End Girls (Thin White Duke Mix)
8.07 Vocal (Paper Faces Vocal Mix)
10.07 Opportunities (TWD Mix)
5.33 Left To My Own Devices (Super Version)
8.36 You Only Tell Mr You Love Me When You're Drunk (Jacques Lu Cont's Sober Mix)
6.08 London (Stuart Price Remix)
9.10 Can You Forgive Her (Les Rythmes Digitales Mix)
5.35 Did You See Me Coming (Man With Guitar Obvious Mix)
7.09 Integral (SDP Dub)
That sounds like it could be really good! Nice tracklisting.

lucienchardon

#25 Post by lucienchardon »

If they do a Disco 5 this year I would suggest an EP with 8 lockdown versions. The video of West End girls (new lockdown version) seems to be pretty popular and now has more views on YouTube than the video of Monkey Business, which is pretty surprising given how good the Monkey Business video is. My choices for new lockdown versions would be:

West End girls
Rent
So hard
I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing
Closer to heaven
Minimal
The way it used to be
Leaving