The Theory about Disco 5

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PSBFriend

The Theory about Disco 5

#1 Post by PSBFriend »

Hallo everyone in the Pet Shop Boys forum.

There is not much going on at the moment, so I thought maybe I could put up a theory about Disco 5.

What kind of remixes could be included on Disco 5? Or no remixes? I have two theories, which of course don't have to be right at all.

Since it's all about the triology with Stuart Price, all the remixes from Electric to Super to Hotspot could be on Disco 5.

For example, this would be a list:

Axis (Boys Noize remix) 4:10 - Japanese Electric CD
Inside a dream (Mike Mago remix) ?:?? - Previously Unreleased
Vocal (Flashmob mix) 7:38 - Digital Bundle, Italian Download
Love is a bourgeois construct (Claptone Vocal remix) 7:00 - Download
Thursday (Dion Mavath remix) 6:07 - American Download
Fluorescent (Pet Shop Boys Indio mix) 7:00 - Record Store Vinyl
The Pop Kids (The Scene Kings Extended remix) 4:36 - 12''Vinyl
Twenty-something (Offer Nissim Godfather remix) 6:22 - Unreleased
Inner sanctum (Carl Craig C2 Juiced remix) 7:08 - Special Inner sanctum 12''Vinyl, Say it to me Maxi CD
Say it to me (C-Rod Electro Tech mix) 6:19 - Download
Undertow (Tuff City Kids remix) 8:08 - Annually Bonus CD 2017
Burn (Baba Stiltz remix) 10:20 - Annually Bonus CD 2017
Dreamland (Full Intention Classic remix) 7:14 - New Promo Remix
Decide (CYA remix) 6:40 - Digital Bundle
Monkey business (Prins Thomas Discomiks mix) 8:46 - Maxi CD
I don't wanna (David Jackson remix one) 6:19 - Maxi CD

All remixes together on one CD.

The other theory. Some studio version, the live version of the three tours, where Stuart Price was also involved. Pandemonium Tour, Electric Tour and the Super Tour.

Such a Disco 5 could look like this:

Pandemonium Tour
Pandemonium/Can you forgive her (Pandemonium Tour version) 4:05
Love etc (Pandemonium Tour version) 3:30
Suburbia (Pandemonium Tour version) 5:10
West End Girls (Pandemonium Tour version) 4:49

Electric Tour
I'm not scared (Electric Tour version) 4:27
Fluorescent (Electric Tour version) 4:12
Somewhere (Electric Tour version) 3:15
Domino dancing (Electric Tour version) 3:35

Super Tour
Se a vida é (Super Tour version) 4:16
Love comes quickly (Super Tour version) 5:38
It's a sin (Super Tour version) 5:43
Always on my mind (Super Tour version) 4:16

As I said, these are all just theories and suggestions. What would you like The first Disco 5 variant or do you love the second Disco 5 variant, or something completely different? Would be nice to find out. Thank you.

Now a little advertisement. On my new Soundcloud channel there are some Pet Shop Boys tracks, edits, extendeds, some remixes and more. Have a look. Thanks. https://soundcloud.com/user-213720310
Now a little advertisement. On my new Soundcloud channel there are some Pet Shop Boys tracks, edits, extendeds, some remixes and more. Have a look. Thanks. https://soundcloud.com/user-213720310

leesmapman

Re: The Theory about Disco 5

#2 Post by leesmapman »

It would be hard for me to buy another CD that contains the Baba Stiltz remix of Burn.

One of the crowd

#3 Post by One of the crowd »

You wont get all that on the one CD
Fishing

tottenhammattspurs

#4 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

IF there is a Disco 5 (and it’s a very big IF), I’d expect it to be a collection of remixes from the Stuart Price era. 70% previously available along with 30% of tracks new to us fans. Exclusive mixes of Cloud In A Box, Decide, Dictator Decides etc... Make it a double cd so it’s value for money.
is is and isnt isnt

eastendboy

#5 Post by eastendboy »

I think if there is to be a disco 5 or remix album then this will be released before or during the tour next year and it would be amazing if some of the remixed tracks were featured in the up coming tour. They will call it something like trilogy and maybe make it a mid price release like Disco was when it was released.

PSBFriend

#6 Post by PSBFriend »

All songs don't have to fit on one CD, two CD's could also be. It would be the first disco album in the series to have a double CD. Maybe with more exclusive remixes.

Oznerol

#7 Post by Oznerol »

All the Disco series CDs were different in concept.
1. Disco: a compilations of extended dance versions released on the 12" singles form the previous album (with some little tweaks here and there...).
2. Disco 2: A megamix of a selection of all recently released remixes of PSB tracks.
3. Disco 3: a mixed bag of NEW dance tracks and some remixes, some completely new and a few previosuly released.
4. Disco 4: a compilation of selected PSB remixed collaborations with other artists..plus just one remix of a PSB track, previously unreleased commercially..
so...my guess is:
5. Disco 5: a compilation of all previously unreleased NEW PSB own remixes of classic PSB tracks...maybe plus some new (or previously unavailable on physical CD) song, like "Decide". West End girls lockdown version was an arrow on that direction... and for sure some of the Stuart Price works on the latest Tours were also pointing at there... and a "ready to use" stuff for that kind of project!
This is not my signature.

daveid

#8 Post by daveid »

My theory is that Disco 5 will be 45 minutes of silence, with no tracklisting, no artwork, no promotion and no release date.

Ghost within this house

#9 Post by Ghost within this house »

daveid wrote:
Sun 02 Aug 2020, 3:00 pm
My theory is that Disco 5 will be 45 minutes of silence, with no tracklisting, no artwork, no promotion and no release date.
It’s already out. I got a limited edition unsigned copy.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

MikeyC

#10 Post by MikeyC »

Ghost within this house wrote:
Sun 02 Aug 2020, 3:35 pm
daveid wrote:
Sun 02 Aug 2020, 3:00 pm
It’s already out. I got a limited edition unsigned copy.
I have mine unframed!

PSBFriend

#11 Post by PSBFriend »

Actually, everything should be meant seriously. I think somehow these two disco 5 theories don't suit you. Or nothing at the end.

The theory of oznerol has something to offer. That could be a good Disco 5 CD.

West End Girls (Lockdown version)
Suburbia (PSB New mix)
It's a sin (PSB New mix)
What have I done to deserve this? (PSB New mix)
Always on my mind (PSB New mix)
Heart (PSB New mix)
Inside a dream (Mike Mago remix)
Twenty-something (Offer Nissim Godfather remix)
Dreamland (Full Intention Classic remix)
Decide (CYA remix)
Pandemonium/Can you forgive her (Pandemonium Tour version)
I'm not scared (Electric Tour version)
Se a vida é (Super Tour version)

As I said, just another theory. Like all of life.

glennjridge

#12 Post by glennjridge »

Everyone seems to expect Disco 5. they dont seem to give any thought to another release they could possibly make. and its the kind of release that strikes terror in the heart of many a PSB fan. deep disappointment .....and extreme irritation. yes,I'm talking about a live album.

Future Lover

#13 Post by Future Lover »

Yes, I think "Disco 5" with tour mixes could be an excellent cross between a remix- and greatest-hits albums. Since there's no actual hits in the past decade, the only way to upend "PopArt" is a four-disc compilation, or a complete singles collection, so this is a nice compromise. It's also too early for a new record before the tour (which will probably be moved to 2022 again), so yeah, something to keep busy. Also a good way to involve Stuart Price again, since it wouldn't technically be a part of the trilogy, plus the original "Disco" was integral to his fandom.

jasonjohn

#14 Post by jasonjohn »

yeah, i still think they might have that "dark eletcro" tracklist in them somewhere

probably an EP or Relentless-like supplementary

I don't feel Disco makes as much sense on the back of three Price mix albums

Next proper album needs to be lyrical with strings, up close with Neil. Fundamental in the age of Fake News, covid and so much divide.

daveid

#15 Post by daveid »

glennjridge wrote:
Mon 03 Aug 2020, 7:31 am
Everyone seems to expect Disco 5. they dont seem to give any thought to another release they could possibly make. and its the kind of release that strikes terror in the heart of many a PSB fan. deep disappointment .....and extreme irritation. yes,I'm talking about a live album.
That'll be Disco Live