Live performances of Chris in past and now.

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Patrick Bateman

Re: Live performances of Chris in past and now.

#31 Post by Patrick Bateman »

stussyboy wrote:
Sun 02 Aug 2020, 1:35 pm
I chatted briefly to Chris at the bar at Muzik and I thought he looked better than I expected. I think sometimes he doesn’t photograph particularly well - I feel that pain!

It’s always difficult when your public persona is a disguise, as people’s image of your true appearance is probably the Actually front cover - 33 years ago. Even us hardcore fans rarely see a picture of Chris without hat and/or glasses - when I saw him at Muzik I had to convince myself it was actually him as in a theatre-full of PSB fans no one seemed to recognise him!
Really? That's mad. I reckon I'd recognise his voice, assuming that's not artifice too.....

oakey

#32 Post by oakey »

stussyboy wrote:
Sun 02 Aug 2020, 1:35 pm
I chatted briefly to Chris at the bar at Muzik and I thought he looked better than I expected. I think sometimes he doesn’t photograph particularly well - I feel that pain!

It’s always difficult when your public persona is a disguise, as people’s image of your true appearance is probably the Actually front cover - 33 years ago. Even us hardcore fans rarely see a picture of Chris without hat and/or glasses - when I saw him at Muzik I had to convince myself it was actually him as in a theatre-full of PSB fans no one seemed to recognise him!
I had the same experience at Closer to Heaven last year. Briefly complimented him bur only one or 2 others seem to recognize him. And had to convince me it was really him at first.

Dog

#33 Post by Dog »

In the same vein, I approached Neil at the BBC Concert Orchestra “Music and Chance” night at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London in 2009. He happily signed and chatted but needed to point out to me that I was standing right next to Chris and that I might want his autograph too.
Woof.