Final results of rating "Laundrette" songs and "New Boy"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Final results of rating "Laundrette" songs and "New Boy"

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked my site visitors to rate the songs from My Beautiful Laundrette (aside from the previously rated "No Boundaries") as well as the most recent Pet Shop Boys single b-side, "New Boy," on my usual 0 to 10 scale as they compare to all other PSB songs (not songs by other artists), with 0 meaning "one of the all-time worst PSB songs," 5 meaning "an average PSB song," and 10 meaning "one of their all-time best." And the song that received the highest average rating from this batch was:

* "New Boy," with an average rating of 6.106.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

I won't be running a new survey for the week ahead. But thanks so much to everyone who voted, thereby taking part in this latest part of my ongoing but sporadic "Rating Project." I really appreciate it! Have a great week ahead and, until next time, take care!

Gabby

Re: Final results of rating "Laundrette" songs and "New Boy"

#2 Post by Gabby »

Sporadic as they may be, I still enjoy them, and hope some day you'll be able to do more.

For what it's worth, I found the My Beautiful Launderette CD kind of "meh" but I guess that goes some way to explaining "giving it away" with Literally.

On a secondary note, I wonder if these CD's will be as valuable down the road as IDOSAC since they are technically like a fan-club only release (even though the fan club doesn't exist now). Does anyone know how many copies are being produced of these CD's?

I dug up my IDOSAC CD the other day (trying to document all my PSB collection), and thanked my lucky stars it was intact, silver bubble wrap and all. :dance:

retrofuturist

#3 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Gabby wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020, 11:03 pm
I dug up my IDOSAC CD the other day (trying to document all my PSB collection), and thanked my lucky stars it was intact, silver bubble wrap and all. :dance:
On Discogs?

Retro. :)

Gabby

#4 Post by Gabby »

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020, 11:20 pm
Greetings,
Gabby wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020, 11:03 pm
On Discogs?

Not selling....just documenting what I own.

retrofuturist

#5 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Yes. But on Discogs? (That's where I've documented mine - in Discogs you can separately list "inventory" and "items I own")

Gabby

#6 Post by Gabby »

retrofuturist wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020, 12:53 am
Greetings,

Yes. But on Discogs? (That's where I've documented mine - in Discogs you can separately list "inventory" and "items I own")

No, I didnt know you could do that. Might check it out but would still want my own list offline too.

It can be two things

#7 Post by It can be two things »

No, I didnt know you could do that. Might check it out but would still want my own list offline too.
There is the function to export lists from Discogs in Excel/csv format.

(I am no affiliated with Discogs or any of its ancillaries)

Gabby

#8 Post by Gabby »

It can be two things wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020, 8:42 am
There is the function to export lists from Discogs in Excel/csv format.

(I am no affiliated with Discogs or any of its ancillaries)
I signed up so will def give this a try. Thanks all for the enlightenment! Much appreciated! :dance: