I don't wanna - hey, those remixes are really good

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
telys

I don't wanna - hey, those remixes are really good

#1 Post by telys »

Wow, can't keep my ears off them. Those remixes on the 12'' of I don't wanna are amazing. I don't really listen to them as individual tracks, more like one long remix. When the cowbell sets in after three minutes.... Feels like a perfect merge of the 80's and the 20's. Amazing that something that a sound that's almost 40 years old still can have relevance. We are living in a timeless era. Certain rock and pop albums will in the future be regarded in the same way as symphonies by the great classical masters. In 200 years Actually will be played by "orchestras"... or an algorithm will reinterpret Behaviour.
----
You've got me all wrong

MikeyC

Re: I don't wanna - hey, those remixes are really good

#2 Post by MikeyC »

telys wrote:
Tue 16 Jun 2020, 10:03 am
Wow, can't keep my ears off them. Those remixes on the 12'' of I don't wanna are amazing. I don't really listen to them as individual tracks, more like one long remix. When the cowbell sets in after three minutes.... Feels like a perfect merge of the 80's and the 20's. Amazing that something that a sound that's almost 40 years old still can have relevance. We are living in a timeless era. Certain rock and pop albums will in the future be regarded in the same way as symphonies by the great classical masters. In 200 years Actually will be played by "orchestras"... or an algorithm will reinterpret Behaviour.
And apparently the remixer is only 17 years old!!

Future Lover

#3 Post by Future Lover »

He's 21 now, to be frank.
But yeah, they were amazing two months ago as well. You know, when they actually came out.

y3potential

#4 Post by y3potential »

I agree, telys. These are great remixes that sound fresh and exciting. Who cares that they were released two months ago..? Just enjoy the music.. :dance:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

daveid

#5 Post by daveid »

Future Lover wrote:
Tue 16 Jun 2020, 11:01 am
He's 21 now, to be frank.
But yeah, they were amazing two months ago as well. You know, when they actually came out.
I'm relieved he's 21. If he were still 17 I might have to give him a clip round the lughole for being a clever-dick