Really bad experience Pet Shop Boys Shop

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
BlackPanther

Really bad experience Pet Shop Boys Shop

#1 Post by BlackPanther »

It's not my style to complain on social media about a seller. I try to solve it directly with the company in question. However, I now feel that I should share this experience, as a warning.

Timeline:
On April 1st, I order items with a value of 171,18 euro. Annually, I don't wanna, Monkey Business and some more stuff

On April 15th, I send them a message that I want to cancel a few items from that order as I was getting uncomfortable about them having to send quite a big order, also reading bad experiences from others here.

On April 20th, I finally get a response asking for clarification (which items I wanted to cancel, something which could have been concluded from the message I sent on April 15th). I send the asked clarification immediately, that same day. There was only a misunderstanding about one of the items being asked to cancel, they could have gone ahead and cancel the other ones, but they didn't.

Again I get no swift response, however, on April 23th I get a shipping notification. I immediately send a message asking for clarification. Now I do get a fast response: on April 24 I get a message: "Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel your order as it has already been processed." Had hey acted more swiftly on my message of April 15th, the asked cancellation could have been processed. I decide to digest it all (do I have a choice?), and wait for the items to arrive.

May 12, I finally receive the order. A thin cardboard box packed in a blue bag. The box is way to small and unstable to safely carry the weight of the items. I open the bag, and see that the box is heavily damaged. And so is the majority of the items in the box. So I sent them a message that same day about the damage. At that time, all of the damaged items were still in stock and could have been replaced.

May 15, I'm asked to send an image of the damage. May 16, I send them several images.

Finally on May 26, I get a message: unfortunately we have no further stock. Indeed, it's now 14 days after I notified them of the damage, and indeed, the Annually book and the I Don't Wanna CD-single are now out of stock. They were in stock when I notified them of the problem, they could have reserved the items for me, but they did nothing like it.

They ask whether I want a credit voucher or a refund. On June 1st I send them a message that I want a refund. But no response whatsoever. So on June 11 I sent a reminder.

On June 14th I finally do get a message. And guess what, I'm again asked to send pictures. Something I allready did on May 16th.

It's now June 16th and the matter is still not solved. I'm really, really sick and tired of it all. I'm not sure what's going on on their end, but it's all really unprofessional, customer unfriendly, irritating and annoying. I have paid 171 euro for items I partially didn't want, and they are damaged. They cannot be replaced since they are now sold out due to their extremely slow response, and we keep running in circles. On June 14 I'm asked the exact same question as I was asked on May 15, and resonded to on May 16.

I really don't feel like ordering anything there ever again. This is no way to treat a customer. So be warned. I've ordered before, and it mostly went well. But once they f*ck up, you're doomed because they make their problem, yours.

Marie loves PSB

Re: Really bad experience Pet Shop Boys Shop

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Sorry, you are having to put up with this BlackPanther.:( I have had a smashed up Cd from them before and I know what they are like as a lot of fans have had problems. The company is on Trustpilot for not being good. :down: I really don't like ordering from them and wish another company would take over instead. The only thing I can suggest is to keep on and on at them.

telys

#3 Post by telys »

Horrifying. I've had problems as well but not as severe as yours. Really sorry. I always try to use other sources when I buy records, trustable local resellers, but when it comes to stuff like Annually etc there is no choice avaiable.
----
You've got me all wrong

verbow79

#4 Post by verbow79 »

Unbelievable to say this, but still haven’t received Annually yet. I live in the Midwest US. Got an email from some postal company in mid April that it shipped, but must be rotting at the post office somewhere. Their next release might come out first. So frustrating!

Alter Ego

#5 Post by Alter Ego »

That's really crappy. Hope you get it resolved soon.

I learned of their incompetence long ago and I don't order from them if I can possibly help it. Trouble is for quite a few items we have no choice but to order from them.

Being a Universal company they're pretty ubiquitous when you start digging past various online shop fronts. https://digitalstores.co.uk/clients/

Pod

#6 Post by Pod »

That is absolutely appalling, have you tried reporting them to trading standards?
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Gabby

#7 Post by Gabby »

Its the one thing PSB must hear from us fans for years but have never acted/reacted to. I wonder why?

negative_0ne

#8 Post by negative_0ne »

Because only a few people ever get impacted. The vast majority have no problem.

That's why they don't bother.

later

Gabby

#9 Post by Gabby »

negative_0ne wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 4:36 pm

later
It looks like a lot of complaints to me. A lot boils down to slow delivery time (which maybe they could care less about). Personally I've yet to have a problem outside of those delays, but there seems to be a lot of discontent from what I see, and I know for a fact that if they cover shipping for THAT many artists, they could get some kickass worldwide rates from someone a bit more reliable.

verbow79

#10 Post by verbow79 »

I sent an email to digital stores with my order number -their automated reply says it can take up to 10 days to reply? Very frustrated :grumble: I know part of the issue is that the US Postal Service is understaffed and majorly sucks (have had an issue with every order coming from Europe since covid-19), but digital stores is no angel either. Almost July and haven't received Annually yet - you can't make this kind of shit up :lol:

negative_0ne

#11 Post by negative_0ne »

Gabby wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 7:38 pm
negative_0ne wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 4:36 pm

later
It looks like a lot of complaints to me. A lot boils down to slow delivery time (which maybe they could care less about). Personally I've yet to have a problem outside of those delays, but there seems to be a lot of discontent from what I see, and I know for a fact that if they cover shipping for THAT many artists, they could get some kickass worldwide rates from someone a bit more reliable.
i see far more posts from people constantly saying they got it,
or they post pictures, or they say that an items in the mail.

why would people that don't have any problems post about it.
that's why they are in the majority.

later

Gabby

#12 Post by Gabby »

verbow79 wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020, 7:55 pm
I sent an email to digital stores with my order number -their automated reply says it can take up to 10 days to reply? Very frustrated :grumble: I know part of the issue is that the US Postal Service is understaffed and majorly sucks (have had an issue with every order coming from Europe since covid-19), but digital stores is no angel either. Almost July and haven't received Annually yet - you can't make this kind of shit up :lol:
I could send you my copy and you'd have it the next day. Sadly I wont be giving it up - it took long enough to reach me too....but case in point, they aren't using the right mail systems.

At my work we just packed and shipped 300 baseball hats and masks to our employees from Canada to the USA and Europe. Everything was delivered inside a week. We're working split shifts of only 2 to 3 people a day. It's not rocket science.

verbow79

#13 Post by verbow79 »

Wow, posting in the forum must be good luck because Annually finally arrived today (after I had posted a couple days ago).

It shows PostNL as the courier with a shipment date of 4/17.....it arrived at the post office on 6/21 so over 60 days! :grumble:

And of course, it arrived 6-21 but the USPS makes you go to the post office in person to sign for it. Such a stupid rule, but I'm sure that USPS is just as much at fault as PostNL for the 60 day delay.

Makes you think twice about ordering from PSB website directly again! And no response from digital stores to my email sent 5 days ago to them :grumble: