What would you think a future PSB's album should sound like in order to reinvent themselves?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
domino

Re: What would you think a future PSB's album should sound like in order to reinvent themselves?

#91 Post by domino »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm Whoever produced Dua Lipa's latest album.
Among others: Stuart Price :lol:

Koz could be a good choice. He produced Physical, Levitating, Love Again and Boys will be Boys for Future Nostalgia.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

tottenhammattspurs

Re: What would you think a future PSB's album should sound like in order to reinvent themselves?

#92 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

domino wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020, 5:03 pm
tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm Whoever produced Dua Lipa's latest album.

Koz could be a good choice. He produced Physical, Levitating, Love Again and Boys will be Boys for Future Nostalgia.
Didn’t know SP produced Physical! That’s an absolute banger that track!
is is and isnt isnt

domino

#93 Post by domino »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020, 9:32 am
domino wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020, 5:03 pm

Didn’t know SP produced Physical! That’s an absolute banger that track!
He didn't. Price produced Cool, Levitating, Hallucinate and Love again.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

sonicbleep

#94 Post by sonicbleep »

They were the pop kids... time to move on from chasing the pop genre...

I would prefer an album of modular and strings, using different artists and producers. Get in people like Ólafur Arnalds, Max Cooper and Rival Consoles. Spice it up with Jake Williams (AKA Rex the Dog) and Paolo Alberto Lodde (AKA Dusty Kid) for some more banging stuff.

Shopper

#95 Post by Shopper »

I think Electric was a great album and reinvention and rest of trilogy ended up having diminishing returns, though there was a lot of variety and some sounds they never attempted before, but is there ever escaping the PSB template sound, no matter the producer?!

I think one of the most exciting pop records released this year was Jessie Ware's What's your pleasure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS_o7XpnEqA[/YouTube]

Take this single, it could totally be a PSB song?! but there are so many other top notch tunes, which sound so modern and fresh.

It would be cool if they worked with someone like MNEK etc
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

retrofuturist

#96 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Shopper wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020, 5:47 pm I think one of the most exciting pop records released this year was Jessie Ware's What's your pleasure
Eh, Goldfrapp were doing that over a decade ago.

I'd rather them make music that excites them, rather than "reinvent" themselves by emulating others.

Retro. :)