Memory of the...past

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Tentenlad

Memory of the...past

#1 Post by Tentenlad » Sat 23 May 2020, 12:43 am

Years and years (ago)...around the time of Nightlife onwards, I used to meet up with other fans and go to various events... or just chat about the boys, in person (not online!)

Things I remember:
Going to a one off event at a venue in North London (maybe something to do with Home & Dry?)
Going to opening night of the musical and sneaking into the after show party at the bar, under the theatre.
Tracking down where Neil lived in Chelsea.
Seeing Neil go into a bar on Charing Cross.
Record signings for Release and the Re issues (Tower records?)
Going on a coach trip to Paris for the Nightlife tour and going to a club afterwards where the boys were sitting in a VIP area -
New York city boy came on and then dancing with the backing singers from the record on the dance floor.
oh and ..also I was on front row in Savoy Theatre and being in the video for 'Somewhere' and standing outside chatting with them after the show.
Maybe other things I forgot!
Anyone else remember any stuff like that, what are your own best memories?

Marie loves PSB

Re: Memory of the...past

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sat 23 May 2020, 2:51 pm

I have got a few memories but, they were a long time ago. When I was a teenager we went to The Claude Gill book signing. On the way there we went to 20, Manchester Square (EMI Offices). I said I was a Pet Shop Boys fan and the Security Guard gave me four promo PSB's photographs. 8)

A couple of fans took me to where Neil lived at the time and we saw him at his living room window. Another time I was going to see an Arsenal match at Highbury and we saw Chris come out of his car and go in to his flat.

We caught Neil, Chris and Dainton outside Radio 1 when they were doing Radio 1 week.

We went to the Decadance Party at Hammersmith Palais. It was lovely to meet the fans. That was a great night. :dance: Other than going to concerts I think that is about all really.

Those were the days.......

TallThinMan

#3 Post by TallThinMan » Sat 23 May 2020, 5:32 pm

I went to that Decadance party too and was also taken by a couple of fans to see Neil’s early 1990’s house in Wimbledon.

Patrick Bateman

#4 Post by Patrick Bateman » Sat 23 May 2020, 6:08 pm

TallThinMan wrote:
Sat 23 May 2020, 5:32 pm
I went to that Decadance party too and was also taken by a couple of fans to see Neil’s early 1990’s house in Wimbledon.
I can't imagine Neil living south of the river.

nervousboy

#5 Post by nervousboy » Sun 24 May 2020, 10:29 am

A few memories.
Highbury, sitting on a bench waiting for Chris to come out of his flat which he did do then drove off. I was blissfully happy for that glimpse.
Decadence party at Palais - wasn't it some fanzine event? I still have a poster. Just dug out all my fanzines from the early 90s - Of Course/Its a Maga Sin/PSB Possibly....
Finding and buying a replica of Chris jacket from ICHH and wearing it to a record signing.

rashomon

#6 Post by rashomon » Sun 24 May 2020, 11:40 am

just a little memory - bumped into Neil crossing Waterloo Bridge exactly 3 years ago today! It was quite surreal as I was listening to Please at the time ... had a little chat with him.

I have it in my calendar as an annual reminder ... :)
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional