Fundamental Instrumental leaked

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
joe stalin

Re: Fundamental Instrumental leaked

#61 Post by joe stalin »

Haha... it’s like Tom and Jerry

I feel sorry for the admin ... Steve ?

As I’m sure you’re going to read this ... small question ..,

Steve... have you heard from Drico ? Is the fella still alive ?

Greendrake

#62 Post by Greendrake »

Sage wrote:
Fri 01 May 2020, 1:56 pm
Better than releasing instrumentals is releasing STEMS.
STEMS would be amazing for fan remixers, and for us fans it'd mean we get to listen to instrumental or acapella. I like both.
Juno download do albums in STEMS format, they released New Order's Complete Music (extended version of Music Complete) in the format.
I would go even further and release every song as a project on GitHub: the Logic Pro (or whatever) project files would be version controlled, all the stems, samples etc. would be attached as assets. Everyone would be able to render (bounce) precisely those tracks that the artist has released. Creating a mix/edit would be a matter of forking and committing your version in a separate branch that anyone could pickup and enhance/contribute to. A heaven for fans who enjoy making music themselves!

Sage

#63 Post by Sage »

Greendrake wrote:
Mon 11 May 2020, 5:21 am
Sage wrote:
Fri 01 May 2020, 1:56 pm
Better than releasing instrumentals is releasing STEMS.
STEMS would be amazing for fan remixers, and for us fans it'd mean we get to listen to instrumental or acapella. I like both.
Juno download do albums in STEMS format, they released New Order's Complete Music (extended version of Music Complete) in the format.
I would go even further and release every song as a project on GitHub: the Logic Pro (or whatever) project files would be version controlled, all the stems, samples etc. would be attached as assets. Everyone would be able to render (bounce) precisely those tracks that the artist has released. Creating a mix/edit would be a matter of forking and committing your version in a separate branch that anyone could pickup and enhance/contribute to. A heaven for fans who enjoy making music themselves!
Has anyone ever done that though?
Stems are already being released, like I said New Order have done it. The platform exists.
By the way, if you don't know, sarcasm doesn't work in text. (Are you new to the internet?)
And don't forget Poe's law. (You can Google that if you don't know what it means)

Greendrake

#64 Post by Greendrake »

Sage wrote:
Mon 11 May 2020, 2:32 pm
Has anyone ever done that though?
Everything happens for the first time at some point. If noone has ever done this before maybe it's time to make them do it by demanding the supply.
Sage wrote:
Mon 11 May 2020, 2:32 pm
By the way, if you don't know, sarcasm doesn't work in text. (Are you new to the internet?)
And don't forget Poe's law. (You can Google that if you don't know what it means)
By the way, I was admin of a Pet Shop Boys forum like this back in 2002-2005. If you are not sure whether there is sarcasm in a text, either there is none indeed or you are simply not the target audience for it; accept this as quantum uncertainty, you can Google that too.

Greendrake

#65 Post by Greendrake »

Here is frequencies comparison of the first 16 seconds (before vocals kick in) of I'm with stupid (album track) and the "lossless" instrumental version sold by Qobuz:
Screenshot from 2020-06-02 14-59-57.png
Screenshot from 2020-06-02 14-59-57.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 243 times
It proves that no proper lossless of the instrumental was ever released. Also, consumers could claim misrepresentation against Qobuz: it should not be selling WAVs/FLACs as proper lossless when they are in fact not so.