There's still hope for Neil

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Patrick Bateman

There's still hope for Neil

#1 Post by Patrick Bateman »

He just needs to start walking around his garden with a zimmer frame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52415966

Greendrake

Re: There's still hope for Neil

#2 Post by Greendrake »

What about Chris?

Sage

#3 Post by Sage »

For some reason I find that music video very difficult to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcouA_oWsnU

I've never heard of Captain Tom Moore, but there's clearly someone else signing in the song so I don't know what involvement the man has.

Also it's a bit insulting to compared this 100 year old to our thriving Mr. Tennant.
This thread is barely PSB related. Personally I don't see the value in this song charting to number 1, what does that even mean? The Youtube clip has only half a million hits. People aren't listening to the song, if you can even call it a song.
Meanwhile other actual hit records get hundreds of millions of views/listens in Youtube.
Our duo's Pop Kids is on 2.2 million hits, as far as I'm concerned it's a greater success than whatever the hell OP has posted about.

Scottydog

#4 Post by Scottydog »

Sage wrote:
Sat 25 Apr 2020, 6:12 am

I've never heard of Captain Tom Moore, but there's clearly someone else signing in the song so I don't know what involvement the man has.

Also it's a bit insulting to compared this 100 year old to our thriving Mr. Tennant.
You really are a very odd person. I can only assume there is some cause to your offensive nature. But then again maybe I’m just being kind. Clearly you have no interest in who Captain Tom is as that link explains all you need to know about that amazing gentleman. Neil is more likely to be insulted at your comments than any link to Captain Tom!
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

Synthrobot

#5 Post by Synthrobot »

Well that’s another thread killed off. PLEASE can we be more positive. Can we think about how our comments affect the other posters, and just because we are on the Internet it does not mean we are no real people with feelings. If a post isn’t of interest to you, please read another one.

Patrick Bateman

#6 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Sage wrote:

This thread is barely PSB related. Personally I don't see the value in this song charting to number 1, what does that even mean? The Youtube clip has only half a million hits. People aren't listening to the song, if you can even call it a song.
Meanwhile other actual hit records get hundreds of millions of views/listens in Youtube.
Our duo's Pop Kids is on 2.2 million hits, as far as I'm concerned it's a greater success than whatever the hell OP has posted about.
A frequently cited argument on here is that our boys will never have another number one single unless they (a) create the soundtrack for Frozen 3 or (b) team up with whichever popular beat combo is currently atop the hit parade, mate; both of which are more likely than a nonagenarian and former Everton left back Michael Ball teaming up to get to number one. Ergo, I can't help feeling that Neil has missed a trick here - too much time taking pictures of lonely trees and making dal and not enough effort on storming the charts.

daveid

#7 Post by daveid »

Sage is a troll.

Marie loves PSB

#8 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Fri 24 Apr 2020, 5:57 pm
He just needs to start walking around his garden with a zimmer frame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52415966
Very well done Captain Tom Moore. :D :up: And err... I am middle aged and I am in a zimmer frame already and have been for a while! It is the only thing that gets me around. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Marie loves PSB on Sat 25 Apr 2020, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie loves PSB

#9 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Sage wrote:

He is a hero - Sage. :D

wieske

#10 Post by wieske »

Sad to read some disrespectful posts to the address of Neil here... 😔
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

Detorim-boy

#11 Post by Detorim-boy »

I walk around my garden smoking wearing sunglasses all the time, and I'm still young.

Shopper

#12 Post by Shopper »

PSB and other synth pop bands should join forces to put our a charity single
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Spittingcat

#13 Post by Spittingcat »

Or just stay resident in the UK, and pay taxes to fund the NHS, which PSB do and many “synth pop bands” who were as big as them do not. A charity single would be a lovely gesture, but decades of paying into the system and helping to fund services is more welcome.

Oh, and well done to Tom, he’s brought positivity when it was needed. His family seem lovely as well.