Videography

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Gabby

Re: Videography

#16 Post by Gabby »

The Left to My Own Devices video is utter garbage imho. It was an interesting concept but staring up at Neil and Chris' crotches through a clear perspex floor isnt my idea of music video greatness.

I actually quite enjoy the Home and Dry video though. I know that's a bit odd, but those cute mice fit quite well with the songs theme.

I'm enjoying the recent lyric videos, but wish the Burning the Heather had been more interesting. An opportunity missed.

minimal

#17 Post by minimal »

leesmapman wrote:
Fri 24 Apr 2020, 6:58 pm
The age of MTV is over, and so is the age of lush music videos. But they've made some nice lyrics videos for their last songs. On social media is a cleverly edited animation and might be one of my favourite PSB videos, despite being not really a "real" music video.
That surely explain why The Weeknd's Blinding Lights currently has 106 million views.

Music videos are more watched than ever.. only the channel has been changed.

Your argument is invalid.

m+

Patrick Bateman

#18 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Gabby wrote:
Sat 25 Apr 2020, 3:15 am
The Left to My Own Devices video is utter garbage imho. It was an interesting concept but staring up at Neil and Chris' crotches through a clear perspex floor isnt my idea of music video greatness.
I can definitely see the concept - an arty, moody video to suit the song but it does seem quite pretentious. The Introspective videos are all very different but well suited to their respective singles: completed by the sunny polyamory of Domino Dancing and the stilted optimism of the monochrome It's Alright.