Bring him back - I know who I want to produce the next album

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Future Lover

Re: Bring him back - I know who I want to produce the next album

#31 Post by Future Lover »

glennjridge wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020, 1:33 pm Yeah I would like that also. besides, so many times later after an album has been released we hear the demo's they brought to the producers and the finished product always end up sounding like the demo's with a few minor tweaks. so what exactly all these producers they hire and pay lots of money to are bringing to the table is beyond me.
It appears that you've missed the demo for Vocal, I guess?

Marcus

#32 Post by Marcus »

They once mentioned, they would like to work with Alan Wilder and I think this would be their most interesting choice to date.

minimal

#33 Post by minimal »

ype wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020, 1:35 pm Or I'd like them to do an entire album with Anne Dudley.
Dear God pls not just no.

m+

minimal

#34 Post by minimal »

Bit suprising Roosevelt and Coma aren't a big issue on this board as, especially in combination, they produce a sound one would expect from PSB in 2020. They should clearly be involved in any further realisation of a PSB record.

m+

Nickname

#35 Post by Nickname »

jules wrote: Thu 23 Apr 2020, 1:00 pm They have to make a new album with Trevor Horn.
If I could choose, I'd want him to come back to produce a new albuum. But the best option could be Trevor Horn + younger producer. Not only one.

jules

#36 Post by jules »

I don't get how people can praize electric bangers and being bored of Horn huge production. I think Fundamental was one of their finest album and i would like them to do an album before going back with a more light production. I think i read somewhere Trevor would like to work with them again. It's maybe an opportunity to take.

glennjridge

#37 Post by glennjridge »

Future Lover wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020, 1:36 pm
glennjridge wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020, 1:33 pm Yeah I would like that also. besides, so many times later after an album has been released we hear the demo's they brought to the producers and the finished product always end up sounding like the demo's with a few minor tweaks. so what exactly all these producers they hire and pay lots of money to are bringing to the table is beyond me.
It appears that you've missed the demo for Vocal, I guess?
Well ok, that is one where we are talking a whole new backing track essentially...but that one appears to be more the exception not the rule. I suspect if you are like me you have a fairly nice amount of their demos thru the years, and generally the finished product on whatever album sounds just like the demo. I suspect most of these producers are used more for polish rather than re imagining what they give them.

dbaseboy

#38 Post by dbaseboy »

Another Horn track would be great, but if anyone I’d like them to do one more album with the great Stephen Hague. But still say ARTBAT (listen to Atlas) or Kolsch would be interesting direction sonically.

psbnyc

#39 Post by psbnyc »

ype wrote: Thu 23 Apr 2020, 3:17 pm I'd like them to work with the Junior Boys some time
That would be fantastic - I love Junior Boys!

raggatwin

#40 Post by raggatwin »

Kornel kovacs who remixed Twenty Something, his album is brilliant

or real lies could be interesting
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Flaffer

#41 Post by Flaffer »

raggatwin wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020, 8:16 pm Kornel kovacs who remixed Twenty Something, his album is brilliant

Agree re: the Kovac album, I was disappointed with the Twenty Something remix as I felt he was capable of a lot better. Although as a track, rather than remix, it’s pretty good. I love that track by Icarus,featuring Real Lies, ‘Man of the Land’
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

df118junkie

#43 Post by df118junkie »

Jackson - Hell yes. He just proved himself with some great remixes and also listenable solo tracks.
Horn - Always welcome, but just need the over-the-top bombastic brilliance of Left to my own devices.
Hague - Possibly. Would probably sound a bit retro. May be a worthwhile project to try.
Dawson - F**k off.

Eleven

#44 Post by Eleven »

Their 2020s Stephen Hague is Tim Powell

That of David Jackson proves he can be a good remix Thats All ! Im not seeing material for more than that

I agree it would be good to have a 2 track per producer album, it wouldnt be coherent with the sound but its proven that that is artist wishful thinking, Chris wanted So Hard out of Behaviour !!! And they had to make a cover alas Always on my mind of Where the streets have no name (I can't take my eyes off you) by U2 to get more radio attention in order to get Performance tour interest as How can you expect to be taken seriously? was really not that great as single alone, Streets did well in europe (4 Uk)

I rather have hits on my album than coherence.
So...
Trevor Horn 2 tracks
Tim Powell 2 tracks
Richard X 2 tracks
Daft Punk 2 tracks (hey we are dreaming right)
Hans Zimmer 2 tracks ( you need an orchestral to start a big album and a melancholic ballad at the end similar to It Couldnt Happen Here )

You are welcome

And btw fire the remix guy, he is cool and all that but you need to step up your game here

minimal

#45 Post by minimal »

raggatwin wrote: Fri 24 Apr 2020, 8:16 pm Kornel kovacs who remixed Twenty Something, his album is brilliant

Everything RL have done up to now is bloody excellent. So that would be an interesting choice, too.

m+