DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Flaffer

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#91 Post by Flaffer »

I don't think you've gone far enough. We should stop all events until we can guarantee there will never be any viruses ever ever again. May 2022, I expect we will be on the thirtieth strain by then.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

retrofuturist

#92 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Flaffer wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 8:04 pm I don't think you've gone far enough. We should stop all events until we can guarantee there will never be any viruses ever ever again. May 2022, I expect we will be on the thirtieth strain by then.
:lol:

Humour aside, I sympathize with anyone trying to book anything with any degree of certainty in this environment, let alone an international concert tour.

Good luck lads.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

oakey

#93 Post by oakey »

I don’t worry about this, just rescheduled the Oberhausen show in my calendar to June 2022. Glad to see they still plan to go out :)

Future Lover

#94 Post by Future Lover »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021, 4:13 am Humour aside
Humour? Where? :wall:

tottenhammattspurs

#95 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

What even is the Dreamworld Greatest Hits Tour?
I remember Neil saying it's a presentation of different hats, but we didn't really see that in the Hyde Park performance.

[/quote]

To be fair, Jamiroquai have done just that for about 15 years. 😂
is is and isnt isnt

G_Goalden

#96 Post by G_Goalden »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021, 8:29 am What even is the Dreamworld Greatest Hits Tour?
I remember Neil saying it's a presentation of different hats, but we didn't really see that in the Hyde Park performance.
You have guess that a Dreamworld greatest hits album is on the way at some point.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough & Sheffield 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017 | Manchester 2022 | Leeds 2023

daveid

#97 Post by daveid »

It's good that it's not called the Hotspot Tour. They can be more flexible and even slip in a new album beforehand. Let's hope they do. I'm concerned though that even if the pandemic is mostly sorted by 2022 that the economic and psychological fallout might only just be beginning.

Eleven

#98 Post by Eleven »

Wow, if you run a poll now if the tour will ever happen , seems now that most likely it wont

tottenhammattspurs

#99 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

To be fair:- Dreamworld the 3cd hits package containing ALL singles (including How can you expect to be taken seriously??, London, both Opportunities, both West End girls and a new track, would be well received.
is is and isnt isnt

psbfannyc

#100 Post by psbfannyc »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021, 12:53 pm To be fair:- Dreamworld the 3cd hits package containing ALL singles (including How can you expect to be taken seriously??, London, both Opportunities, both West End girls and a new track, would be well received.
Yes...I am sure they will have a "new" greatest hits CD at the merch booth one day when this tour happens. The target audience for such a CD will be the non-Pet Shop Boys Community (i.e., our little www.petshopboys-forum.com Pet Shop Boys Community: I like to think of it as home).

Regardless, now that they have more time to devote to songwriting now during a global disaster, I'm looking forward to what they release as a result of this time...Chris and his locked-down programming and Neil and his locked-down lyrics....hmmmmmmmmmm

hotspotnot

#101 Post by hotspotnot »

The thought of another greatest hits compilation bores me to tears unfortunately.

Ultimate, PopArt, Discography, and the "This is Pet Shop Boys" playlist on Spotify have them covered for your average music listener these days surely.

jyllinge

#102 Post by jyllinge »

Perhaps a Dreamworld greatest hits served as a "deluxe pack" with a new album?

But otherwise I would be happy with almost anything PSB will offer - i'm bored of constant quarantine and im buying :wink: :)

daveid

#103 Post by daveid »

hotspotnot wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021, 2:00 pm The thought of another greatest hits compilation bores me to tears unfortunately.
Oh come now, surely there's always room for another best of with 10 tracks spanning 1985-88 and 7 from the next 8 Parly albums with several wrong mixes...

Drico One

#104 Post by Drico One »

daveid wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021, 3:22 pm
hotspotnot wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021, 2:00 pm The thought of another greatest hits compilation bores me to tears unfortunately.
Oh come now, surely there's always room for another best of with 10 tracks spanning 1985-88 and 7 from the next 8 Parly albums with several wrong mixes...
That’s the issue in a nutshell. Right now, there is no definitive compilation on physical media for an act as great as Pet Shop Boys. If there was one record in this day and age that should be on physical media, it’s a best of. It’s the most accessible of all offerings for any band.

Discography was definitive for about 18 months. Then came the Very hits including Go West, which has to be on any retrospective. PopArt was flawed and Ultimate was too flimsy for a band with such a culturally significant catalogue of singles.

They need to do a double-CD to do any justice to their impact. Stick 30 or so classic singles on it and a few new cuts for the hardcore and call it Pet Shop Boys, Asides or Singularly Pet Shop Boys - the "joke" being two discs.

At least then we can find fault with it out of boredom.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Propertius

#105 Post by Propertius »

I can’t see any logic behind another greatest hits. Who would buy it? Nobody under 35 buys CD. And anyone over 35 who is just a casual listener to PSB already has Discography, Popart, or Ultimate. Die-hard older fans are the only CD market for the Boys today, and those fans—we fans—would be better served by a literally any other kind of release besides a repackaging of the same hits we already own four or five times over.
Last edited by Propertius on Thu 04 Feb 2021, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.