OMD - Pandora's Box (It's a Long, Long Way)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PopKid78

Re: OMD - Pandora's Box (It's a Long, Long Way)

#16 Post by PopKid78 »

Brings back memories to the summer of 91. Raiding my older brother’s vinyl collection, to make my own compilation tape, Featuring Pandora’s Box (Constant Pressure Mix), Where Streets Have No Name, Jealousy, KLF, Blur, Electronic, and a couple from up and coming Indie band Saint Etienne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.J.

#17 Post by D.J. »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020, 8:27 am It’s one of my favourite OMD songs btw
Same here! It is one of my all-time OMD favorites. Melody is excellent and the song in general is beautiful and melancholic. And it’s true, that talking middle eight always reminded me of Domino Dancing. :)

Hillbilly

#18 Post by Hillbilly »

ype wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020, 12:39 am Most notably the spoken middle bit is very similar to the spoken middle bit in Domino dancing. (I love Pandora's box, btw.)

When you look around yourself now
Do you recognize the girl
The one who broke a thousand hearts
Terrified the world

When you look around you wonder
Do you play to win
or are you just a bad loser?
Yes, I have thought of that similarity as well! :up:

I didn't hear of OMD until "Sailing on the seas" was a big hit in Sweden. Then came "Pandora's box" and I loved that track too, so I bought the Sugar Tax album and became a fan. I saw OMD live in Stockholm last February and they played this track, as well as "Sailing on the seven seas" of course.

stevebr20012

#19 Post by stevebr20012 »

I bought the limited edition wooden box cd single of Pandora's box for 99p in HMV in Wakefield when it came out - sold it a few years to a guy in Canada on ebay for over £100! If I had a time machine I would go back and squirrel away numerous copies of such collectors items! Did the same with a limited edition Dear Jessie Madonna cd single - 99p on release and was an ultra rare picture cd that sold for over £130.