Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
daveid
Posts: 2902
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 9:38 am
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#16 Post by daveid »

Pod wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 10:40 am
I’d say South Easterners (London in particular) are different from the rest of the country - unfriendly, untalkative and terrible beer!
I realise this is a gross generalisation, but that is a feeling we ‘up north’ have.
Mind you, in times like these, our country does pull together well (with the odd few idiots dotted around).
Terrible beer? At least we can serve it normally wi'out sparkler! I don't like alcoholic milkshakes and I don't want Flake in it. By 'eck it's bollocks.

User avatar
Synthrobot
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri 15 Sep 2017, 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#17 Post by Synthrobot »

As a former South Londoner I would agree, not that people are unfriendly specifically, but less likely to approach people they don’t know. I’ll talk to anyone, so I’m not in that category. I’ve had strange looks when I talk to someone in the street or on the bus, but then they warm up. They are just too shy to say hello.
However what Telys wrote 😳. I sometime wonder why people are on this forum.
Clearly everybody else really enjoyed the videos, so why say something like that? I’m getting a bit sick of reading stuff like this.

User avatar
telys
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#18 Post by telys »

Scottydog wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 9:51 am
telys wrote:
Fri 03 Apr 2020, 8:43 pm
These internal british/english references and, supposedly, jokes are what really drags this forum down. Sooo boring.
It’s terribly English isn’t it, well isn’t it? Strange that. Considering PSB are the most quintessential English band you could get. Oh wait...you didn’t like any Scottish related posts either!! Rude!!
You've got it all wrong, they're not that band. They're just the singers of the song.
----
You've got me all wrong

Scottydog
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue 03 Apr 2018, 11:22 am
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#19 Post by Scottydog »

telys wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 8:29 pm
Scottydog wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 9:51 am
telys wrote:
Fri 03 Apr 2020, 8:43 pm
These internal british/english references and, supposedly, jokes are what really drags this forum down. Sooo boring.
It’s terribly English isn’t it, well isn’t it? Strange that. Considering PSB are the most quintessential English band you could get. Oh wait...you didn’t like any Scottish related posts either!! Rude!!
You've got it all wrong, they're not that band. They're just the singers of the song.
😂
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

User avatar
Pod
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#20 Post by Pod »

daveid wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm
Pod wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 10:40 am
I’d say South Easterners (London in particular) are different from the rest of the country - unfriendly, untalkative and terrible beer!
I realise this is a gross generalisation, but that is a feeling we ‘up north’ have.
Mind you, in times like these, our country does pull together well (with the odd few idiots dotted around).
Terrible beer? At least we can serve it normally wi'out sparkler! I don't like alcoholic milkshakes and I don't want Flake in it. By 'eck it's bollocks.
Stick to thee watered daan lager mi ‘owd.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

User avatar
daveid
Posts: 2902
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2006, 9:38 am
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#21 Post by daveid »

Pod wrote:
Tue 07 Apr 2020, 12:06 am
daveid wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm
Pod wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 10:40 am
I’d say South Easterners (London in particular) are different from the rest of the country - unfriendly, untalkative and terrible beer!
I realise this is a gross generalisation, but that is a feeling we ‘up north’ have.
Mind you, in times like these, our country does pull together well (with the odd few idiots dotted around).
Terrible beer? At least we can serve it normally wi'out sparkler! I don't like alcoholic milkshakes and I don't want Flake in it. By 'eck it's bollocks.
Stick to thee watered daan lager mi ‘owd.
Lager? No way. I'm a real ale man and I have the beard to prove it.

User avatar
Pod
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Pound Shop Boys - Coronation Street

#22 Post by Pod »

daveid wrote:
Tue 07 Apr 2020, 12:22 pm
Pod wrote:
Tue 07 Apr 2020, 12:06 am
daveid wrote:
Sun 05 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm


Terrible beer? At least we can serve it normally wi'out sparkler! I don't like alcoholic milkshakes and I don't want Flake in it. By 'eck it's bollocks.
Stick to thee watered daan lager mi ‘owd.
Lager? No way. I'm a real ale man and I have the beard to prove it.
Good man! :up:
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests