Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
59%
No, I don't think it's necessary
41%

Total votes: 83

PETHEAD72

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#166 Post by PETHEAD72 » Wed 18 Mar 2020, 6:59 pm

True rashomon,this is becoming serious as each day passes
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Nickname

#168 Post by Nickname » Wed 18 Mar 2020, 11:17 pm

The most voted option has changed.

glennjridge

#169 Post by glennjridge » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:10 am

boyjohn wrote:
Mon 16 Mar 2020, 3:36 am
glennjridge wrote:
Mon 16 Mar 2020, 1:55 am
this is a good article about the situation in China, https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... g-in-china

its basically what they have been saying here. the death rate hysteria, is mainly due to hospitals being overwhelmed with severe cases I suspect the elderly. even though this thing is more difficult than the flu, the majority, are surviving it. I suspect that will climb higher as long as the slowing down of the virus happens so as to not overwhelm the healthcare systems..

"At the beginning of this outbreak remember, people were finding severe disease. And that's why the alarm bells went off."

Those early severe cases made COVID-19 look like a much bigger killer. It was only after officials in China stepped up surveillance that they started uncovering many more mild cases (people with symptoms such as fever and dry cough but limited or no pneumonia).
I would encourage you to do some research outside of your bubble. This is much much worse than what you are describing.
The facts are...that the majority of people who get this....survive it. my info wasnt from China. everyone already knows this is a serious threat. so if you are taking issue with some silly notion I am minimizing this, think again. but statistics are statistics. look at the infection rate, and look at the death rate. now, also...when you look at the death rate take into account that some places due to a slow response, had a healthcare industry that was overwhelmed and thus,lots of people, mainly the elderly and those with underlying issues died because of lack of care that ordinarily wouldnt have had they been able to been helped.

and as has been said, even with the regular flu, theres only so much one can do for people who already have underlying issues, heavy smoker, heart disease, age, weak immune system etc etc

but just the same...people by and large are surviving this virus. the infection rate is way larger than the death stats. one thing I have learned from being on the net, there are alot of people who just cannot see beyond their own panicked mind. everything is spun as doom. my advice to you if you are this jittery, stay off the net.
Last edited by glennjridge on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

boyjohn

#170 Post by boyjohn » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:14 am

glennjridge wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:10 am
.when you look at the death rate take into account that some places due to a slow response, had a healthcare industry that was overwhelmed and thus,lots of people, mainly the elderly and those with underlying issues died because of lack of care that ordinarily wouldnt ad they been able to been helped.
That is us in two weeks! Our response has been even slower that "some places".
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

boyjohn

#171 Post by boyjohn » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:14 am

glennjridge wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:10 am
.when you look at the death rate take into account that some places due to a slow response, had a healthcare industry that was overwhelmed and thus,lots of people, mainly the elderly and those with underlying issues died because of lack of care that ordinarily wouldnt ad they been able to been helped.
That is us in two to three weeks! Our response has been even slower than "some places".
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

glennjridge

#172 Post by glennjridge » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:38 am

On another note....I would love a in studio streamed concert for a fee. the sound quality would probably be great without crowd noise, and then, they could sell it also after.

retrofuturist

#173 Post by retrofuturist » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 1:05 am

If they're quarantined in the studio, they could always write and record some new songs. :)

Marie loves PSB

#174 Post by Marie loves PSB » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 9:07 am

glennjridge wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:38 am
On another note....I would love a in studio streamed concert for a fee. the sound quality would probably be great without crowd noise, and then, they could sell it also after.
You beat me to it Glennjridge! :up: This would have been good. Or you know they did the practice gig for Hyde Park and fans went to it? They could steam something like that.

Marie loves PSB

#175 Post by Marie loves PSB » Thu 19 Mar 2020, 9:23 am

Disco. wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020, 8:37 pm
Sad times 😐
Yes, it is. :( I haven't looked in the general discussion part of this forum yet. If there isn't a post about it I would like to make one about the virus as some of this isn't quite PSB related. Some of your posts keep me going as it would not be a lie to say I was not worried about it all now. I worry a lot about things in general anyway. It would be good to keep it light heated if at all possible. Sorry, to say light hearted but I am feeling very depressed about it all now and have to turn most of the news off.

Gabby

#176 Post by Gabby » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 1:58 am

Marie loves PSB wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020, 9:23 am
Disco. wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020, 8:37 pm
Sad times 😐
Yes, it is. :( I haven't looked in the general discussion part of this forum yet. If there isn't a post about it I would like to make one about the virus as some of this isn't quite PSB related. Some of your posts keep me going as it would not be a lie to say I was not worried about it all now. I worry a lot about things in general anyway. It would be good to keep it light heated if at all possible. Sorry, to say light hearted but I am feeling very depressed about it all now and have to turn most of the news off.
Off topic but might raise a smile.

https://youtu.be/cmQwL6qiByo

Pod

#177 Post by Pod » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 8:44 am

Really important to have at the front of your mind that most who contract this virus will just have a mild illness.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

canveyboy

#178 Post by canveyboy » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 12:13 pm

Well, got a letter from my employer yesterday saying we are likely going onto short time work or temporary lay off very soon. Consequently I got straight on the phone to my mortgage lender to action 3 month mortgage holiday!

This virus can effing do one now!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

jasonjohn

#179 Post by jasonjohn » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 1:37 pm

Pod wrote:
Fri 20 Mar 2020, 8:44 am
Really important to have at the front of your mind that most who contract this virus will just have a mild illness.
Agree that seems to be the case so far, still not knowing the level of immunity or how it mutates going forward.

But it's kinda besides the point, isn't it? Even if the rate of death was closerto 1% than 3%, it's still impossibly hard on our hospitals. And if 20% of people go through a rough time, with some needing urgent attention.... boy, it's going to be tough.

I know what you're saying though, Pod, and agree with you.... just wish so many people were not going to the pub and beach!

This tweet scares me a little https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status ... 34336?s=20

psbfannyc

#180 Post by psbfannyc » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 8:30 pm

Concerts well into the summer in June and July 2020 are starting to be cancelled and/or postponed and/or rescheduled into later in 2020 and/or in 2021. I'm sure the PSB camp is currently completely rescheduling the whole "Greatest Hits" tour. What a mess this whole thing is. I really hope humanity learns a valuable lesson about this whole thing in future centuries.

>>I want to add that regardless of any selfish intentions and the capitalism of it all, people are dying and they shouldn't be and PSB concerts at this time are wrong and need to be pushed out of the way for more important things like saving people and the bigger picture.