Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
55
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
34
38%
 
Total votes: 89

Message
Author
Paninaro2020
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat 25 Jan 2020, 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#181 Post by Paninaro2020 »

psbfannyc wrote:
Fri 20 Mar 2020, 8:30 pm
Concerts well into the summer in June and July 2020 are starting to be cancelled and/or postponed and/or rescheduled into later in 2020 and/or in 2021. I'm sure the PSB camp is currently completely rescheduling the whole "Greatest Hits" tour. What a mess this whole thing is. I really hope humanity learns a valuable lesson about this whole thing in future centuries.

Stop relying on China for a start!

At least this gives the boys a chance to work on Paninaro 2020!
Test The Limits Of Your Inhibition

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#182 Post by glennjridge »

Yes,...but thats the situation even without this virus. my mother was a heavy smoker for most of her life and she quit at 50. trouble was she had apparently done enough damage to her lungs, that the littlest thing would put her into pneumonia, and inevitably she died from it. she was especially suseptable to any virus or cold.

we were always living on pins and needles making sure mom was healthy and dressed warm,took her medications. but in the end theres only so much you can do for people with underlying issues or the elderly, and she died from it 5 years ago. this has... always... been the situation playing about in the world for the elderly. we just accepted it before as it silently happened, probably didnt even give it a thought....the cycle of life....its just that now its way more hyped because we have something new now that is added to the list of what effects mostly the elderly or people with underlying issues that is way more so transmittable. this is the corner stone of the media panic. its centered on the very transmittable nature of the virus.

I am sure everyone of us talking about this now, and maybe panicking, when this comes to its inevitable end, and it will, will be here,and just fine.

Nickname
Posts: 6267
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#183 Post by Nickname »

The best PSB's song for these days it Home and Dry.

User avatar
Sage
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:08 am
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#184 Post by Sage »

I like seeing all the references fans are making.
As above the song Home And Dry is somewhat relevant.
I had a think about it and Building A Wall, Psychological are a bit Covid-19 related.
I relate I'm Not Scared to the virus too, "I'm not scared, I go anywhere, I don't care" "the streets are full of actors" etc. Though in the last couple of days I'm taking the pandemic more seriously. (They're enforcing social distancing at places now, and health screenings for entering certain buildings)

Maybe I should post in the "pictures" section but here are some relevant pics from social media:

The Numb cover art with plague masks:
Image

Still from the start of the Liberation video, seemingly depicting a corona virus.
Image

Some artwork from Valeria López
Image

Chris(?) wearing a face mask
Image

(I'm a very visual person, haven't read any of the PSB books or Literally publishings.)

Anyway for the subject, whether they should postpone the tour. I think they should adhere to mandatory guidelines and keep it at that. It's not for us to decide, in my opinion. But I'm okay with either option of them cancelling and focusing on something else or going through with the tour.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 8899
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#185 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 12:31 am
The best PSB's song for these days it Home and Dry.
So my baby's on the road
Doing business, selling loads
Charming everyone there
With the sweetest smile

There's a plane at JFK
To fly you back from far away
All those dark and frantic
Transatlantic miles

Far away
through night and day
you fly long haul tonight
Come to me
you know I'll be here
when you call tonight

:eh:

User avatar
jasonjohn
Posts: 2051
Joined: Mon 27 Sep 2004, 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#186 Post by jasonjohn »

glennjridge wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 12:00 am
Yes,...but thats the situation even without this virus. my mother was a heavy smoker for most of her life and she quit at 50. trouble was she had apparently done enough damage to her lungs, that the littlest thing would put her into pneumonia, and inevitably she died from it. she was especially suseptable to any virus or cold.
Your logic seems to be that your local hospital system is already under pressure, so the virus won't make a difference because there are already no enough beds - so same difference?

What's happening in Italy and Spain isn't fake news. USA is on the brink too.

Strange days,

User avatar
jasonjohn
Posts: 2051
Joined: Mon 27 Sep 2004, 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#187 Post by jasonjohn »

glennjridge wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 12:00 am
Yes,...but thats the situation even without this virus. my mother was a heavy smoker for most of her life and she quit at 50. trouble was she had apparently done enough damage to her lungs, that the littlest thing would put her into pneumonia, and inevitably she died from it. she was especially suseptable to any virus or cold.
Your logic seems to be that your local hospital system is already under pressure, so the virus won't make a difference because there are already not enough beds - so same difference?

What's happening in Italy and Spain isn't fake news. USA is on the brink too.

Strange days,

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#188 Post by glennjridge »

Thats not what I was saying... at all.

I am saying, the elderly have always been more susceptible to pretty much everything from the cold,to insert virus here. hundreds of thousands of elderly have been dying silently EVERY YEAR, EVERY DAY across the globe before this due to being susceptible to things younger people shake off.and we just wrote it off as thats just the way life is. its just unfortunately now we have something thats putting that reality in full view.

dbaseboy
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#189 Post by dbaseboy »

Never thought I’d say this as a life long fan from1985, but YES. This thing is f-in SERIOUS and will not be gone by May. Hopefully it will be under control and things starting to return to normal but honestly, who wants to risk it so soon afterwards? I know, I know. It’s our Boys, but... Please guys, do the sensible thing and postpone. 😢

User avatar
boyjohn
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed 18 Jan 2006, 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#190 Post by boyjohn »

glennjridge wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 3:04 pm
Thats not what I was saying... at all.

I am saying, the elderly have always been more susceptible to pretty much everything from the cold,to insert virus here. hundreds of thousands of elderly have been dying silently EVERY YEAR, EVERY DAY across the globe before this due to being susceptible to things younger people shake off.and we just wrote it off as thats just the way life is. its just unfortunately now we have something thats putting that reality in full view.
Except this doesn't just affect the elderly. More than half the people in the hospital RIGHT NOW for this in the US are under 65. It doesn't help that one of the major news networks here (guess which one) spent about 2 weeks explaining to everyone that this was just a hoax and was just a ruse to try hurt the President.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

alig
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sun 02 Nov 2003, 8:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#191 Post by alig »

Hundreds of thousands die every year from side effects, from hospital germs, from malpractice, from poor hygiene, from a damaged immune system due to drugs, smoking and alcohol and lack of sleep. Also from car accidents, heart attacks, old age etc.
Let's face it: We've become a bunch of pussies. No terrrorists achieved what we did to ourselves: Stopped living. Great! At least we're gonna starve to death healthy.
"John 3:16."

Jim
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003, 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#192 Post by Jim »

Oh FFS. Is there no admin on this Forum that can stop one particular poster pumping out such absolute s*it?? It's embarrassing for the Forum tbh.

alig
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sun 02 Nov 2003, 8:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#193 Post by alig »

alig wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm
boyjohn wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 7:28 pm
glennjridge wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 3:04 pm
Thats not what I was saying... at all.

I am saying, the elderly have always been more susceptible to pretty much everything from the cold,to insert virus here. hundreds of thousands of elderly have been dying silently EVERY YEAR, EVERY DAY across the globe before this due to being susceptible to things younger people shake off.and we just wrote it off as thats just the way life is. its just unfortunately now we have something thats putting that reality in full view.
Except this doesn't just affect the elderly. More than half the people in the hospital RIGHT NOW for this in the US are under 65. It doesn't help that one of the major news networks here (guess which one) spent about 2 weeks explaining to everyone that this was just a hoax and was just a ruse to try hurt the President.
And it still is. Where was your concern in 2009 when the swine flu killed 17.000 in the US alone, among them many children? And I'm gonna say it again: 20000 have died from the flu in the US this winter alone. That's 10 percent of those tested positive for the flu. Those who give up freedom for a bit of safety don't deserve either. We're all gonna die eventually btw. Just wait till half the poulation is forced under quarantine and supermarkets are gonna run out of supplies. Enjoy your health then.
"John 3:16."

User avatar
boyjohn
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed 18 Jan 2006, 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#194 Post by boyjohn »

alig wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm
boyjohn wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 7:28 pm
glennjridge wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 3:04 pm
Thats not what I was saying... at all.

I am saying, the elderly have always been more susceptible to pretty much everything from the cold,to insert virus here. hundreds of thousands of elderly have been dying silently EVERY YEAR, EVERY DAY across the globe before this due to being susceptible to things younger people shake off.and we just wrote it off as thats just the way life is. its just unfortunately now we have something thats putting that reality in full view.
Except this doesn't just affect the elderly. More than half the people in the hospital RIGHT NOW for this in the US are under 65. It doesn't help that one of the major news networks here (guess which one) spent about 2 weeks explaining to everyone that this was just a hoax and was just a ruse to try hurt the President.
And it still is. Where was your concern in 2009 when the swine flu killed 17.000 in the US alone, among them many children? And I'm gonna say it again: 20000 have died from the flu in the US this winter alone. That's 10 percent of those tested positive for the flu. Those who give up freedom for a bit of safety don't deserve either. We're all gonna die eventually btw.
It's hilarious that you can be so ignorant yet so confident. It reminds me of a certain orange skinned toddler than we have as president.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Nickname
Posts: 6267
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#195 Post by Nickname »

dbaseboy wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020, 6:57 pm
Never thought I’d say this as a life long fan from1985, but YES. This thing is f-in SERIOUS and will not be gone by May. Hopefully it will be under control and things starting to return to normal but honestly, who wants to risk it so soon afterwards? I know, I know. It’s our Boys, but... Please guys, do the sensible thing and postpone. 😢
When I create the poll, I suspected there was something really serious and I thought they should postpone the tour but I wanted to know your opinions about it. Day by day I saw people changing their minds at the same time the results of the poll were changing too. Everyday, the number of cases was growing up. First China, Korea, Irán, Swiizerland, Italy, Spain and then more countries. Now, USA (specillay New York) and Germany are starting to increase the cases and I think they are going to have more cases than Spain the next week. France will be next. UK is trying to resist, the number of cases is growing up slower but it's only because the virus came later. The last 10 days, I've been watching the statitics again and again.

So, there is no doubt they show should be postponed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests