Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

alig

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#76 Post by alig »

The world is run by a bunch of morons. They're the ones causing mayhem, not the virus.
"John 3:16."

alig

#77 Post by alig »

Future Lover wrote:
Wed 11 Mar 2020, 7:51 am
Please don't listen to literal Nazis in this thread, and instead trust the myriad of experts who explained why this is important. It's not just a flu, unless you compare it to the 1918 one. Does any country really want to tank their own economy, are you out of your mind?
What do you think? Of course some people always profit from a crisis.

psbfannyc

#78 Post by psbfannyc »

alig wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020, 6:51 pm
The world is run by a bunch of morons. They're the ones causing mayhem, not the virus.
Yes. So true. And western media is vile and evil. And social media is only meant to do harm.

alig

#79 Post by alig »

glennjridge wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020, 2:27 am
One take away I see from the numbers is its appears in relation to the infected, the death rate appears low. another words, the majority of the infected are getting it,suffering thru it and riding it out and recovering. I suspect that the statistics would by and large paint a picture of the usual suspects having a harder time and maybe succumbing to this due to age, general health etc etc
Probably millions of people caught the virus, recovered but since they weren't tested, they're not counted towards the mortality rate which would be probably as high as for the previous corona viruses.

Danny C

#80 Post by Danny C »

At this stage I think it's a certainty that the tour will be postponed, unfortunately.

alig

#81 Post by alig »

Remember the swine flu panic in 2009? Probably not. 60 million Americans infected. 17.000 dead, among them many children. But since Obama was president back then, nonbody cared.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020 ... -you-dont/

michael888

#82 Post by michael888 »

Pod wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020, 5:37 pm
Masks are a complete and utter waste of time for either party. Fact.
We may know this evening what the government’s next steps are. Hang onto your hats...not masks!
Europeans are saying this because they are not able to buy a mask anyway.
A small voice of calm and reason.

Marie loves PSB

#83 Post by Marie loves PSB »

PETHEAD72 wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020, 4:38 pm
I'm a bit stuck!,have a ticket for london and glasgow,don't know if i should book my flight for the london performance now or wait a little longer incase the situation gets worse?!
If you booked up your flight and you had to cancel would you get all of your money back? It is all up in the air at the moment but, you need to organise things as we would have been the same if we were going.
Last edited by Marie loves PSB on Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie loves PSB

#84 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Danny C wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020, 7:57 pm
At this stage I think it's a certainty that the tour will be postponed, unfortunately.
I am surprised that they haven't mentioned this as they recon the virus is going to peak in three months time.

andrewthomas100

#85 Post by andrewthomas100 »

I’ve just talked to my sister in Italy. They are all confined to their apartments. You’re not allowed to go for a walk unless you apply for permission.

Knowing the British mindset, I think there would be absolutely no way the British people would go along with something like that. Heck, I wouldn’t, and I’m a very easy-going person. If I want to go for a walk, I’m gonna go for a walk. People would be out and about as usual.

Keep your distance, avoid crowds. Maybe that will be enough.

gehegu

#86 Post by gehegu »

I’m in Madrid and I’m convinced of not moving from home, anyway the virus is strong and you can have it just by touching an infected surface. Once you’ve got it the problem is that if you’re not lucky enough to have a mild infection, there’s no room at the hospitals. It’s a nightmare that starts just the moment you wake up every morning.

NotInvisible

#87 Post by NotInvisible »

andrewthomas100 wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm
Knowing the British mindset, I think there would be absolutely no way the British people would go along with something like that. Heck, I wouldn’t, and I’m a very easy-going person. If I want to go for a walk, I’m gonna go for a walk.
This mindset is part of the problem. You are endangering others by doing this, because you could be an asymptomatic carrier.

Nickname

#89 Post by Nickname »

gehegu wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 4:15 pm
I’m in Madrid and I’m convinced of not moving from home, anyway the virus is strong and you can have it just by touching an infected surface. Once you’ve got it the problem is that if you’re not lucky enough to have a mild infection, there’s no room at the hospitals. It’s a nightmare that starts just the moment you wake up every morning.
I know it pretty well because I'm Spanish and I'm working in a hospital.

I'm sure PSB is trying to guess how much it's going to last the virus without control before taking a decision (even though it doesn't depend on them). On the first concerts, many people could cancel their tickets.

Nickname

#90 Post by Nickname »

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 9:05 pm
I don't wanna go out.
It was premonitory.