Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

michael888

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#61 Post by michael888 »

andrewthomas100 wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020, 8:48 am
Dipso wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020, 2:18 am
andrewthomas100 wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020, 8:00 pm It really bugs me that so many are saying that masks are ineffective - purely on the basis that virus particles are so small - when research has shown they increase protection five-fold (because particles travel in large water droplets). I just read in Hong Kong just about everyone has been wearing a mask and there is virtually no transmission there.
I am in Hong Kong. 95% of people here are wearing masks. There has been no significant community outbreak in Hong Kong - there are under 70 active cases at present. Macau has zero active cases. Both HK and Macau have land borders with mainland China. But masks don't work. :roll:
Thanks for the on-the-spot report. Yes, I wouldn’t be surprised if the widespread adoption of masks turns out to be the real reason why China got its outbreak under control.

I have my scarf and loo paper ready for its first outing tomorrow.
Hong Kong people wear masks as well, but the outbreak isn't as horrible as China.

The main reason is that the Chinese government tried to hide the situation in late Dec and early Jan. Some medical people in China disclosed the info onto the social media but they were arrested. Chinese people did not trust them, and us HK people, anyways. They thought us, HK people, were being paranoid and the virus wasn't that serious, and then the rest is history.
A small voice of calm and reason.

Salvato

#62 Post by Salvato »

Masks do not help with the coronavirus in a significant way. It will go through HK sooner or later. It's just inevitable.

ChoonHound

#63 Post by ChoonHound »

The masks work to protect others from you, not you from others.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

euroboy

#64 Post by euroboy »

Uffff... I have a ticket to Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin and every day that passes I am more worried. If it's finally canceled, I'll cry. I'm very excited to see you, but I understand the situation.

glennjridge

#65 Post by glennjridge »

One take away I see from the numbers is its appears in relation to the infected, the death rate appears low. another words, the majority of the infected are getting it,suffering thru it and riding it out and recovering. I suspect that the statistics would by and large paint a picture of the usual suspects having a harder time and maybe succumbing to this due to age, general health etc etc

michael888

#66 Post by michael888 »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020, 6:46 pm The masks work to protect others from you, not you from others.
Doctors wear masks to protect the patients and themselves when operating a surgery.
A small voice of calm and reason.

leesmapman

#67 Post by leesmapman »

Flights to the US are suspended. Let's hope that gets lifted in September.

Shopper

#68 Post by Shopper »

cochella is postponed! madonna had to cancel some shows...2020 Japan olympics in jeopardy...

This is completely surreal, the effects. Stock markets tanking everywhere, businesses closing, Tom Hanks tested +ve off all places in Australia!! best is to stay put and stay safe, till this pandemonium ceases. Every one is advocating social distancing, as far as possible.
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

PETHEAD72

#69 Post by PETHEAD72 »

I'm a bit stuck!,have a ticket for london and glasgow,don't know if i should book my flight for the london performance now or wait a little longer incase the situation gets worse?!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Eleven

#70 Post by Eleven »

I think we will know something for sure first week of april

canveyboy

#71 Post by canveyboy »

Also, regarding Neil and Chris’s age, they may be considering their own health risks to tour. Does Chris have any underlying health problems still? Does he have a reduced immune system for instance? I can’t remember what the truth is regarding his health but Chris is probably the first person to say ‘I’m not going out’!!

It seems to be so much more serious now. The Mclaren Formula 1 team have just withdrawn from Sunday’s race because of an infected team member, the whole team is now likely infected having spent 23 hours on a plane with their colleague.

I seriously think the tour may well be postponed or cancelled altogether. May is not that far away for the start of the tour and it’s only going to get worse before then.
Its taken me all of my life to find you

PETHEAD72

#72 Post by PETHEAD72 »

canveyboy wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020, 4:01 pm Also, regarding Neil and Chris’s age, they may be considering their own health risks to tour. Does Chris have any underlying health problems still? Does he have a reduced immune system for instance? I can’t remember what the truth is regarding his health but Chris is probably the first person to say ‘I’m not going out’!!

It seems to be so much more serious now. The Mclaren Formula 1 team have just withdrawn from Sunday’s race because of an infected team member, the whole team is now likely infected having spent 23 hours on a plane with their colleague.

I seriously think the tour may well be postponed or cancelled altogether. May is not that far away for the start of the tour and it’s only going to get worse before then.
Exactly!

Pod

#73 Post by Pod »

Masks are a complete and utter waste of time for either party. Fact.
We may know this evening what the government’s next steps are. Hang onto your hats...not masks!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

PETHEAD72

#74 Post by PETHEAD72 »

IF the tour is cancelled,how will this affect PSB in terms of finances with venues booked?,do they pay in advance with no chance of a refund?,plus all the money spent towards promoting the tour will have all gone down the pan!

canveyboy

#75 Post by canveyboy »

PETHEAD72 wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020, 4:52 pm IF the tour is cancelled,how will this affect PSB in terms of finances with venues booked?,do they pay in advance with no chance of a refund?,plus all the money spent towards promoting the tour will have all gone down the pan!
You’d think there were clauses in the contracts to stop them losing money like that...but who could have predicted this?

Update: Australian GP is now cancelled and Coachella is postponed.
Its taken me all of my life to find you