Spotify

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Pod

Re: Spotify

#16 Post by Pod »

Marie loves PSB wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 1:28 pm
Oh, tell me about it! - (sorry forgot to quote [before I replied] - Apple products) :down: - I put Hotspot on to my I-pod and found it difficult to do as I haven't used it in a long time. I clicked something on my P.C and it deleted all the whole music collection on my I-pod except the Hotspot album. It some how splits Dreamland to another album too which, is annoying. :oops: I am really wondering if I can be bothered to spend hours trying to get all of my collection back on it again. :wall:
Marie - it will split Dreamland as it will probably list the artist as Pet Shop Boys featuring Years and Years. If you change the artist to pet shop boys it should come back in line.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Blade

#17 Post by Blade »

Pod wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 2:56 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 1:28 pm
Oh, tell me about it! - (sorry forgot to quote [before I replied] - Apple products) :down: - I put Hotspot on to my I-pod and found it difficult to do as I haven't used it in a long time. I clicked something on my P.C and it deleted all the whole music collection on my I-pod except the Hotspot album. It some how splits Dreamland to another album too which, is annoying. :oops: I am really wondering if I can be bothered to spend hours trying to get all of my collection back on it again. :wall:
Marie - it will split Dreamland as it will probably list the artist as Pet Shop Boys featuring Years and Years. If you change the artist to pet shop boys it should come back in line.
Correct, there are 2 artist options if I remember correctly, 1, Artist. 2, Album Artist. leave the Artist one as Pet Shop Boys Ft, Y&Y and just change the Album Artist to Pet Shop Boys. it will group them back together then. hope that helps :D

Marie loves PSB

#18 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Thank you for your help Pod and Blade. :D :up: I have been able to change it and I also managed to put a lot of my deleted songs back on to my I-pod. I know what to not click now too. :oops: (The click that deleted everything originally).

Pod

#19 Post by Pod »

Marie loves PSB wrote:
Thu 16 Apr 2020, 11:55 am
Thank you for your help Pod and Blade. :D :up: I have been able to change it and I also managed to put a lot of my deleted songs back on to my I-pod. I know what to not click now too. :oops: (The click that deleted everything originally).
Great! :up:
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

AdamDowds

#20 Post by AdamDowds »

sonicbleep wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 12:29 pm
So quick question - has anyone been using soundcloud go+ and any feedback?

I use Spotify and have done for sometime - I liked the fact you could use Spotify with DJ software and mix from spotify playlists and albums - which is quite handy if you don't want to fill your laptop or hard drive up with MP3s. In June/July Spotify are withdrawing support for any 3rd party DJ apps, so most DJ platforms are moving over to Soundcloud Go+ or beatport.

Bands like the Pets have mostly a copy and paste of whats on Spotify on Souncloud go+ but their older stuff isn't on beatport (not sure if that's a Parlophone Vs X2 thing.
I'm in the same boat. Thinking I could do a 3 month trial of Tidal but can't help but think it won't have the obscure stuff I'm into. Soundcloud would be a good idea, but I can't really afford another streaming service as well as Spotify.

sonicbleep

#21 Post by sonicbleep »

AdamDowds wrote:
Sat 09 May 2020, 6:21 pm
sonicbleep wrote:
Tue 14 Apr 2020, 12:29 pm
So quick question - has anyone been using soundcloud go+ and any feedback?

I use Spotify and have done for sometime - I liked the fact you could use Spotify with DJ software and mix from spotify playlists and albums - which is quite handy if you don't want to fill your laptop or hard drive up with MP3s. In June/July Spotify are withdrawing support for any 3rd party DJ apps, so most DJ platforms are moving over to Soundcloud Go+ or beatport.

Bands like the Pets have mostly a copy and paste of whats on Spotify on Souncloud go+ but their older stuff isn't on beatport (not sure if that's a Parlophone Vs X2 thing.
I'm in the same boat. Thinking I could do a 3 month trial of Tidal but can't help but think it won't have the obscure stuff I'm into. Soundcloud would be a good idea, but I can't really afford another streaming service as well as Spotify.
Hey so I moved from Spotify. I tried soundcloud first and gave up after one day. The problem is soundcloud is there is too much junk on it, so if you search for something you may end up with some recorded off the radio thing versus the actual real thing.

I then tried Tidal and so far it’s been great! I used this program that matched my playlists and out of about 3500 tracks only 50ish weren’t matched.

I would say Tidal is pretty like for like to Spotify, maybe the algorithms behind recommending stuff you may like is not as great, but IMO that’s quite good as it means to have some happy accidents and discover stuff you might not ever listen to. There also aren’t the curated artists playlists on Tidal, that’s a tad annoying as I quite like it when different artists put together a playlist, but it’s no biggy.

All the Pets stuff that is on Spotify is on Tidal btw.

Hope this helps.