New Pet Shop Order Boys

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
bongsteve

Re: New Pet Shop Order Boys

#136 Post by bongsteve »

Frisco and Hollywood Bowl tix in hand. Booked a sweet Air BnB in Frisco as well, going to take a couple extra days with my wife and explore before the show.

Young Offender

#137 Post by Young Offender »

I ended up logging on around 12pm selection seemed minimal guess many got sold or are on hold for the general release.

Tickets were pricey for the hollywood bowl i was going to buy a pair and take a date but after checking out the prices i decided to buy just one, I got one in the Pool area vip total with fees $467.00, we are probably paying the price for two bands, i think its general admission area and in other venues this section would be orchestra or pit.

Vip came with two drinks, early check in and early merchandise access, a lanyard i think also, hopefully we get to hear the soundcheck.

Starts at 7 so show probably over by 11pm as there is a curfew since it is in a residential area.

For those that arent familiar with the bowl traffic is horrible in the area and will be worst on a friday, there is a major freeway right there and street access to the valley areas so a real cluster fk, and the limited parking is tandem so allow plenty of time or park down near hollywood blvd.

I last saw Phoenix there a couple of years ago and the venue is amazing.

Westendgirl

#138 Post by Westendgirl »

Thank you for the tips! Excellent that you got a VIP ticket!! I’ve never been to the bowl and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Ahh Phoenix, another group we have in common. I’m so excited!!! Cheers!

Westendgirl

#139 Post by Westendgirl »

That’s a great price! May I ask if you went thru Ticketmaster? I’ve never been to the bowl and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Ahh Phoenix, another group we have in common. So very excited!
Cheers!

Westendgirl

#140 Post by Westendgirl »

That’s a great price! May I ask if you went thru Ticketmaster?
Do you have a seat number?
I’ve never been to the bowl and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Ahh Phoenix, another group we have in common. So very excited!
Cheers!

Gabby

#141 Post by Gabby »

I kind of expected the ticket prices to be high - you can put these two bands on equal billing and easily, no pun intended, get away with it.

Even still, I think for what you get for the Gold VIP is pretty sparse at the price. I went for the Silver option - the seats aren't spectacular and will enjoy my $200 enamel badge - :lol: :roll:

I pray for good weather on Sept 5 in Toronto. It should be OK, but there's always the chance of a thunderstorm or it being particularly humid which might not be so much fun. Just trying to figure out whether to make a weekend of it, or just head down for the day/evening only.

One thing I dislike at Bud Stage is people with seats further back start to move forward by filling up the aisles and the staff do nothing to stop it. Aside from a health and safety issue, it's also disrespectful to those who are quite happy (like me) to park it in their allotted spot - if you've paid for standing on the floor area, then have at it, but if you have a seat, stay where you are. :grumble:

rashomon

#142 Post by rashomon »

I’m always tempted to get floor seats to be up close and in the mix but I know what the reality is...

3 seconds before the band comes on stage and then throughout the show every seated bod is up on their feet and the tallest person in the whole stadium is standing right in front of me. This is a stone cold prediction! Furthermore that person will have an uncanny ability to weave left and right in unison with me as I try to sneak a look in between... so all I will see for 2 plus hours is the back of their head.

That’s a costly and infuriating concert experience.

I’m 5’7 and Mrs is 5’ so me opting for the seats up on the tiered sides is smart move. I’m no grump and don’t mind everyone there standing and dancing (I will hope to be myself) but at least from that vantage point we can all enjoy the show.

Noticed today the MSG have just 200 and 300(!) tier seats remaining as part of the Live Nation presale. Wonder if other good seats are still being held back for the public sale or if this is selling out quickly.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

coufy

#143 Post by coufy »

I'm jealous.
Pet Shop Boys Technology
www.pet-shop-boys.eu

Gabby

#144 Post by Gabby »

rashomon wrote: Thu 27 Feb 2020, 6:37 pm I’m always tempted to get floor seats to be up close and in the mix but I know what the reality is...

3 seconds before the band comes on stage and then throughout the show every seated bod is up on their feet and the tallest person in the whole stadium is standing right in front of me. This is a stone cold prediction! Furthermore that person will have an uncanny ability to weave left and right in unison with me as I try to sneak a look in between... so all I will see for 2 plus hours is the back of their head.

That’s a costly and infuriating concert experience.

I’m 5’7 and Mrs is 5’ so me opting for the seats up on the tiered sides is smart move. I’m no grump and don’t mind everyone there standing and dancing (I will hope to be myself) but at least from that vantage point we can all enjoy the show.

Noticed today the MSG have just 200 and 300(!) tier seats remaining as part of the Live Nation presale. Wonder if other good seats are still being held back for the public sale or if this is selling out quickly.
Oh yes, I didnt mean to sound like a miserable fun sucker, and will be standing and bopping out for sure. I agree that the Floor is overrated for me these days. On my younger years it was great but now I dont have the stamina.

herts101

#145 Post by herts101 »

Just seen a TV spot promoting the San Francisco show on ABC.

When was the last time we had TV promotion for a PSB show? Very cool.

I did video it but I don’t know how to post on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastian_Surfleet

#146 Post by Sebastian_Surfleet »

herts101 wrote: Fri 28 Feb 2020, 2:11 am Just seen a TV spot promoting the San Francisco show on ABC.

When was the last time we had TV promotion for a PSB show? Very cool.

I did video it but I don’t know how to post on here.

I too live in the Bay Area and saw a promo on CBS during the James Corden Show.

I do believe it is the first time I have seen a PSB advert on US television.
Last edited by Sebastian_Surfleet on Fri 28 Feb 2020, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PopKid78

#147 Post by PopKid78 »

jamie1978

#148 Post by jamie1978 »

I would love to see the Hollywood Bowl show. What an iconic venue.

So tempting to fly out there for that show. But I'm often in San Francisco for work and can't justify another round trip. Plus it's such a long flight.

Looks like tickets have sold very well so far.

Gabby

#149 Post by Gabby »

PopKid78 wrote: Fri 28 Feb 2020, 10:47 am https://www.ticketnews.com/2020/02/new- ... t-sellers/

That's awesome - for some reason it doesn't surprise me - New Order is always what pulls people in for North America. They generally sell out fast in Toronto. That's not to say PSB don't, but they usually play smaller venues, so harder to determine if they could adequately compare at a larger venue on their own.

What maybe troubles me a bit is that people will go for NO, and especially if PSB are on first, might assume they are the "support" and not bother coming in until NO start. Of course, as many of us know, anyone doing that will be missing a treat.

Gabby

#150 Post by Gabby »

Oh and has anyone seen on Ticketmaster - the Platinum seating in Toronto (that's a seat only, nothing else) is $1000! :shifty:

What in holy hell?!!!

Two days ago, same seating for the GOLD VIP (with extra goodies) was hundreds of dollars less than that.

I don't imagine even a casual NO/PSB listener would be willing to pay that. I'm pretty hardcore, and I wouldn't go near it.